10 ▪ doubts

My Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You’ve been roaming around the grocery store for about half an hour already. You want to cook for breakfast earlier this morning but your kitchen counter was already empty. There’s too much work on the photography shop that you forgot to buy some supplies, adding the fact that you feel a lot of stress these days. You don’t really feel good this morning when you woke up, it’s like you’re having a fever.  Now, here you are alone in this cold store.

 

Thankfully, there aren’t a lot of people today since it’s only nine in the morning, some maybe just eating breakfast and heading off to their respective works. You texted your staffs at the photography shop that you’ll go there in the afternoon to help for the editing of the shots taken from Jongdae during the piano event. It should be done by now since it’s already a week but he requested for the videos too.

 

As your mind wanders back to that event, you can’t help but feel so frustrated at that night. And yes, it’s been a week. It’s been more than a week actually. 10 days to be exact. It’s been ten freaking days that you haven’t talk to Baekhyun, or more like he won’t talk to you. You’ve been calling him many times every day and even texted him but he won’t answer. It’s either he’s out of reach or he’s too busy from his damn work.

 

You can feel a tug in your heart remembering his words that night. He told you he wants a space. Is this it? Is he starting to have doubts on your relationship? He’s always used to call you every morning. The moment you wake up from a good sleep each day, your phone will ring in just a few minutes and you’ll hear Baekhyun’s husky voice from the other line. It’s like a routine already. It’s like a part of his schedule on his daily lives, calling you to say a good morning and remind you how much he loves you every day.

 

That night after the piano event is a nightmare you don’t want to experience again. Including the fact that he had a bad dream and the first time you saw him so anxious and trembling. You hug him to sleep but you can’t deny that he really looks devastated. It seems that he is so afraid that evening, like he is afraid of someone that he saw in his dream.

 

You remember the next morning waking up alone in the bed, without your boyfriend beside you. He woke up so early and left you alone there even though you haven’t clear out the misunderstanding you just had last night. This whole week, you haven’t heard anything from him. You don’t want to think that he is avoiding you because he feels guilty because it’s better than thinking he has already doubts in your relationship now. You really hope that he’s not thinking of letting go of you. You don’t know how you’ll survive from that.

 

A buzz inside your clutch halts your wandering mind. A hint of hope appears in your head thinking it’s Baekhyun who is calling you. You pulled your phone out from your clutch and saw the screen light up as it continue to vibrate.

 

A disappointed sigh escape your mouth and you slightly jut your lips up after seeing the caller ID. It’s not that you’re unhappy to see your father’s name appearing on the screen but you just expected Baekhyun.

 

“Yes dad?” you murmur as you walked pass an aisle between dairy products. You reach for two cartons of fresh milk as you hear your father’s voice.

 

“Why do you sound so disappointed hearing my voice?” a calm replied from your father but with a playful tone makes you sigh again. You reach for the chocolate drink too when you saw your favourite brand.

 

“It’s not like that dad. Of course it’s nice talking to you again. It’s just that I am expecting a call from someone.” It’s not that Baekhyun will suddenly call you but it’s not bad if you hope to hear his voice after the whole week.

 

Oh God. You miss him so much that even hearing his voice only can make you feel a hundred times better.

 

“Who? Your boyfriend?” the teasing voice of your father makes you rolled your eyes. “Byun Baekhyun right? His name?”

 

“Yes dad.” You sighed again and you’re sure he heard it as he started to sound so worried. You imagine his eyebrows knitted in confusion now.

 

“Why dear? Did something happened between the two of you? A misunderstanding? Or a break-up?”

 

Your steps halted hearing that word. Break-up. You don’t want to hear that, it doesn’t help your situation right now. You pouted and started ranting words to your father from the other line.

 

“Dad! Of course not! We’re not breaking up! It’s just a little misunderstanding. Don’t make me nervous like that. Don’t say that again. I just haven’t heard anything from him for more than a week already. It’s just that-“

 

“Okay dear. No need to rant to me. I was just asking you. I’m just worried.” Your dad interrupted your words and you heard a deep sigh from the other line. You bite your bottom lip as you feel the guiltiness forming in your chest.

 

“I’m sorry dad. I’m just worried about the fact that I didn’t see him for a week already.” You mumbled but still audible enough for your father to hear it.

 

“It’s okay. I know that feeling missing someone special to you. Like when I decided to move here in Japan and left you alone with your grandmother. I am so sorry princess.”

 

Here he goes again, it’s been eight years already since he migrated to Japan. You’re so happy although you stayed with your grandmother because she is too kind and caring. It’s fate that your father moved to that country since he met another woman that he really loves. You thought that you’re going to have a sibling and you’re excited but they didn’t have any. You don’ know what’s wrong though. His other wife there also had a child from her deceased husband so it’s impossible if one of them were infertile.

 

“I know that already dad. Okay, stop talking about me, you are getting emotional again. I am fine here in Korea. How about you? Doing good? How’s Auntie?” you asked and you just heard his chuckle.

 

“You have a lot of questions huh? We’re okay. Her son is doing good too. He just finished his Psychology Major. We’re going to attend his graduation next month.” You just bob your head while listening to him. Turning your cart on the right side, you enter another aisle of the grocery store.

 

“That’s good to hear. How about giving us a sibling? Sounds good?” you laugh as you heard him groaned.

 

“We’re too old for that and we’re happy having you as my daughter and I treat his son like my own too.” you just nod your head as if he can see you right now. A long pause followed after, while you reach for two boxes of pancakes and put it in your cart.

 

“I need to go now sweetie. We’re having lunch and I’m driving. Please stay safe always.” You heard a sound of a starting engine from the other line. You nodded your head unknowingly and hummed in reply.

 

“Call me if you already clear things out with Baekhyun. If that boyfriend of yours hurt you, report it to me okay? I’ll immediately take a flight there at Seoul to take you away from him. I am serious.”

 

“Dad, he’ll never hurt me. Baekhyun isn’t like that. Goodbye now, please say hello from me to Auntie. Have a nice lunch!” your cheerful voice surprised you but you’re just too happy for your father. He isn’t like this before as what you remember. He always shouted and fought with your mother and it brought a really gloomy atm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter