12 ▪ dinner and drunkenness

My Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The smell of smoke from grilled pork and beef greeted you and Kyungsoo as you both went inside the restaurant. This place usually closes at midnight but it’s just half past nine so there’s still almost three hours for a conversation with Kyungsoo.

 

You haven’t talk about that drunken girl who yelled at you earlier at the bar. Silence just filled the car on your way here at the restaurant. Kyungsoo didn’t ask you yet about what happened and you haven’t asked him again who that girl is. You don’t know what relationship Kyungsoo had with the girl but you’re sure that she likes him so much as what she told you.

 

“Should we order the unlimited one?” you nod excitedly at Kyungsoo, his lips curving up from seeing your excited face.  He raised his hand as he call for the waiter. A man with a red apron appeared near your table. Kyungsoo really ordered the unlimited set with different flavours. your bottom lip unknowingly as you saw the photos of the dishes at the menu.

 

You heard Kyungsoo’s laugh so you shift your gaze to him. He is still chuckling when you raised an eyebrow at him. He just shrugged. “You really miss eating grilled pork huh?”

 

You hum as you agreed at what Kyungsoo said. You nod and sigh as you replied to him, “Yes. It’s been months already. You’re too busy at your work too. We always eat in here before but I can’t blame you because you’re being workaholic a lot of times.” You shake your head but Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes.

 

“I just asked you for missing grilled pork but you are ranting now for not being able to hang out with you these past few months.”

 

“But it’s true! You didn’t even tell me your mother is sick!” you pouted and put your left hand at your chest, exactly at the part where your heart is, acting as if you were hurt emotionally.

 

“Don’t act like that. You know I just don’t want you to get worried.” He replied seriously. His eyes full of warm and guilt as he is staring back at you. You waved your hands at him and chuckled, “I am just kidding you Kyungsoo, don’t take it so seriously. Of course, I already know that you don’t want me to worry.”

 

Your eyes lit up as you see his lips formed into a full smile, his eyes turning into crescent shaped and his cheeks becoming fluffier. He looks so cute right now! You can’t help yourself but lean forward to pinch his soft cheeks but he seems to sense what you are about to do making him lean back on his chair. Your hand stopping midway in the air when Kyungsoo glare at you.

 

“Try pinching my cheeks and I’m not treating you for grilled pork tonight.” He quirks an eyebrow at you when you pout.

 

“Okay fine.” You cross your arms in front of your chest and make an “Hmmp” sound. Kyungsoo smiled as you’re acting like a child again. This relationship between you and Kyungsoo is really precious for you. You can act like yourself in front of him too, just like when you’re with Baekhyun. You are too lucky to have friend like Kyungsoo, he is more like a brother for you actually. You can always share your secrets with him, all your problems and sometimes even your insecurities.

 

Baekhyun is another part of your life that can’t make you ask for more. Being with him is really the best thing that ever happened in your life. You’re so used on being alone with your parents having their own families, your grandmother died and leaving you for a better place now. Baekhyun is the one who made you on being yourself again. He will be always the other half that completes you.

 

A sigh escape you lips remembering that you are not in good terms with Baekhyun right now. It doesn’t completely enter in your mind yet that he really did asked for a space. Isn’t it the same for break ups though? You know it’s all about thinking about your problems and something like that but trust is being put on the line. Asking for space is like the trust in your relationship is being shattered into pieces.

 

“What’s with the face?” Kyungsoo’s voice snapping you out of your thoughts. You’re about to replied to him that you just can’t wait to eat when your attention caught a couple walking at the sidewalk, just right in front of the restaurant. You can clearly see them through the glass as the girl cling herself to the guy’s arm. They are even laughing and you can’t help but rolled your eyes when the guy kisses the girl on her cheeks.

 

“What a couple.”  You murmured sarcastically.

 

“You are acting so bitter right now. You and Baekhyun are even worse than that when you’re together.” Kyungsoo scowled and shake his head. “Do you even remember that time when the both of you can’t get your hands off each other even when crossing the street? I mean his arms are all around your waist and you’re clinging like you’re a lost child at his arms that you didn’t realise the light just turned red and the cars started moving right in front of you!” Kyungsoo ranted. “Also that time when-“

 

“Oh my god! The pork is here!” you yelled making kyungsoo startled. You don’t want to hear anything about that right now. You clap your hand like a kid when the waiter place four different set of pork and beef with different flavours at your table. You started to grill them when three bottles of soju were put down at the table before the waiter left.

 

“You’re drinking?” you asked Kyungsoo while your eyes are still on the pork on the grilling pan. You pulled the exhaust pipe lower as the smoke started to appear.

 

“That’s free from the menu so I’m just going to drink. I don’t have a weak tolerance like you.” He replied as he steals the stainless tong from your grip. “Let me grill. Just eat.”

 

You’re about to insist when a cough interrupted your words. Kyungsoo looked at you with a worried gaze. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yes. I also had these coughs this morning. This is just for today.” You replied but a cough escaped from you again. You reach for the glass of water and drink it all in one go.

 

“You sure you’re okay? . If it’s because of that drink Jongin gave you, I am really going to kill that bastard.” He sounds so serious so you just shake your head, not wanting to blame Jongin.

 

“It’s not that. I already told you I also had these cough this morning so no need to worry.”

 

“You already had that coughs since this morning and yet you went out of your house. You should’ve rest. You’re a bit tipsy right now too from drinking that cocktail Jongin made. Why did you even drank it?” he looks so furious now but you just chuckled. “You’ge getting so mad Kyungsoo, this is just a cough.” You assured him to stop his worry for you. But thinking about being tipsy, you really did feel a little dizzy after drinking that cocktail and cough just added to your headache.

 

“Let’s just eat.” You exclaimed cheerfully. “Hmmm. This marinated beef is so good!” your eyes lit up from the satisfying taste.

 

You didn’t realize the time went by quickly as you feel already full. There are still two set of pork that Kyungsoo is grilling. As you notice his plate, he just eats a little because he is the one grilling since you started eating. You immediately grab the tong when he put it down to take a bite of the pork.

 

“Put that down. I said I’m the one grilling.” He stated when you started putting down the last two sets of pork belly. You ignored Kyungsoo’s words and continue to place the pork on the frying pan.

 

“You should eat now. I am already done.” You smiled and winked at him. A silence followed, the sizzling sound from the pan is the thing you can hear. You put down the tong after only to notice Kyungsoo’s eyes staring at you.

 

“Did she say something to you?” you heard Kyungsoo asked you when you raised an eyebrow at him. You know she’s talking about that drunken girl. Lee Minrin. Yes, that’s her name.

 

“She said she likes you, Kyungsoo.” Your worried gaze on him make him sigh. He looks so bothered as he put his chopsticks down the table.

 

“Is she the intern you’re talking about? The one in your mother’s house?” your curiosity emerging again from deep within your body. Kyungsoo take a sip on his glass of soju before answering you.

 

“Yeah, that’s her. But she’s not my intern okay. She’s a medical intern. She is taking care of mom that time.” He reasoned out to you and you just nod. You remember that girl saying she’s a medical intern earlier.

 

“I’m sorry if she said something hurtful to you. She is just drunk. That girl is actually nice, I know she’s going to apologize to you when she remember all the shameful acts she done this night.” Kyungsoo sighs again and pinched the bridge on the top of his nose, looking so displeased.

 

“That’s okay. She complimented me actually.” You chuckled and leans over Kyungsoo to tap his cheek lightly, a habit you usually do whenever he feel stressed. “You don’t need to worry for me. But if you worry for her, you should be the one who take her home, you know.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter