17 ▪ best friends, soulmates

My Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It’s been a week since you last saw Baekhyun, a week since that day he left you. These past seven days had been really hard for you because the words he uttered still clearly linger on your mind. Sometimes you wake up in the morning thinking that it was just a bad dream but it isn’t. Your heart suffers more by the fact that it’ll be your anniversary tomorrow. Such a waste that he decided to end everything a week before.

 

“Hey, did you already drink your medicine?” Kyungsoo asked as he put a tray of food on your bed. It’s already half past two but you’re just going to eat lunch this late since you woke up late. You’re currently on your apartment since you’re already feeling well. You can even walk comfortably because the cuts on your feet are now starting to heal. A month after now it’ll be completely clear from scars.

 

“Thank you Kyungsoo.” You mumbled when he gave you a glass of water. You put down your legs from resting on the coffee table. Your right heel has gauze wrapped around it but you’re sure it was all healed by now.

 

Kyungsoo showed a grunt of protest when you started to stamp your feet softly on the cold floor just to test if it still hurts. “Stop that!” he scolded and his eyes widening when you repeated the act.

 

“Okay. I’ll stop!” you chuckled when he is now glaring daggers at you. He is like a parent scolding his child. “It doesn’t even hurt anymore!” you stated in confidence and tried to stamp your feet again to make him believe but he quickly grabs your lower legs and rest it again on the coffee table. You just chuckled when he puts a hand on his hips. Here comes his scolding session again.

 

“It’s just been a week. I know they are not deep cuts but it’s better to be safe than sorry. Just rest it for now! That’s why I am here because I know you are very stubborn.” He shakes his head. Your lips curved up in a small smile. How lucky you are to have Kyungsoo as your best friend. He’s been here with you all the time when you needed him.

 

“I know. I am sorry okay. But I am fine now.” You reassured him but he just rolled his eyes.

 

“You can’t fool me.” He answers back and walks towards the kitchen but he mumbled something again that you heard clearly, “Emotionally not fine.”

 

You just sigh because he is stating the truth. You’ve been crying every night remembering the last talk you had with Baekhyun. To be honest with yourself, you know that you want to talk to him again. The both of you weren’t in a good condition when he broke up with you. He is full of blame for himself and you are physically unwell that time. It’s just not the right time to talk.

 

Staring at the screen of the television, you just leaned back on the soft couch and hug the pillow on your lap.  You can’t even hear the actors on the screen talking. Your thoughts filled with Byun Baekhyun only.

 

“What’s with that expression?” you heard someone asks, lifting your head up to look at that person as she sits on the couch beside you. “Don’t worry about Kyungsoo! He is really grumpy!” she rolled her eyes when Kyungsoo suddenly yells ‘Shut up’ from the kitchen.

 

A laugh escaped from you because of these two. You are really lucky to meet Minrin too. She is really loud during a lot of times which is very opposite to Kyungsoo but you can see how close they are even when they always yell and glare at each other. They are like the perfect example of dogs and cats. You are secretly rooting for them to be together because they can control each other and you’re a hundred percent sure that Kyungsoo likes Minrin too. He can’t see it for now or maybe he already did but he is just avoiding his feelings.

 

“Let’s watch a movie. I know something good on Netflix.” Minrin suggested and went in front of the television to connect it on the laptop. Kyungsoo entered the living room with a food tray on his hands. He put the three bowl of soft tofu stew on the table before he gives you the spoon and fork. He even put a glass of water beside you where you can easily reach it without moving too much.

 

“What about me?” Minrin asked as she is waiting for Kyungsoo to give her a bowl of stew and utensils as what he did to you. But Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes and sit at the other sofa since you and Minrin already occupied the whole couch.

 

“Go get it yourself.” He uttered. Minrin release an exasperated sigh as she grabbed her bowl of stew. She started eating without looking at our side. She just keeps her eyes on the screen as the movie she chose started to play on the television.

 

You made a note at the back of your head to talk to Kyungsoo regarding this. He can’t act like that forever to Minrin, you’re sure he has some feelings for the girl. The room became quiet when the movie started buffering so Minrin just pause it for a while.

 

“Your internet connection .” Minrin mumbled but you just chuckled. She is really honest. She always says what she wants to say without holding back. It doesn’t matter to you since you like people with that personality.

 

“How really insensitive of you to just blurt it out like that.” Kyungsoo attacks Minrin again. The girl scowled and about to say something again when you interrupted them.

 

“I should change my WiFi connection, it’s always like that.” You remarked and have a taste of the stew Kyungsoo made. “This is really delicious. It’s my favourite of all the food you cooked for me!” you take another bite and beamed at him as he just continued to stare at your face with your lips curved up into smile.

 

“But the rice soup is the best recipe Kyungsoo had ever made. Especially with meat.” Minrin said confidently and even her bottom lip as she remembers the taste of that food she mentioned.

 

“Really? I didn’t know that. Kyungsoo didn’t make that food for me yet.” Your eyebrows furrowed when you noticed Kyungsoo freezes from his seat at what you just said. He then inhales a deep breath when Minrin shifts her gaze from her food to Kyungsoo, waiting for his reply.

 

“Minrin said it tastes so good but I don’t trust her taste bud that’s why I haven’t cooked it to someone else.” He quickly drinks on a glass of water after speaking. He acts so awkward at the moment but you just keep the thought to yourself. There’s something that he is not telling you.

 

“Whatever. Let’s just watch.” Minrin suggested and she clicks the play button. Thankfully, the video didn’t buffer this time.

 

“What’s the title?” you asked. Kyungsoo just stays silent, his eyes on the screen.

 

“To all the boys I’ve loved before.” She answered. “I heard it’s good. It has a book too.”

 

You just nodded and about to eat again when you heard a slam of the bowl on the table. A surprised gasp escaped from your lips and Minrin also stand up because Kyungsoo is now glaring at her.

 

“What the ?” Minrin hissed at Kyungsoo. You don’t know what is happening right now. All you know is you’re watching and then now these two are glaring at each other.

 

“What happened?” no one seems to hear you when Kyungsoo suddenly grabbed Minrin on her left arm and strides towards the kitchen. They want to talk privately but you can still hear them since your apartment is just small. Did they even realize that?

 

“What are you doing? You know that Baekhyun just broke up with her and you want her to watch a break up movie?” Kyungsoo yells at her but she just crossed her arms across her chest.

 

“That is not a break up movie.” She replied back in a frustrated voice. “So this is all about her that you are getting mad at me.”

 

“Of course! We’re here to take care of her. You told me you wanted to come along since you want her to be your friend.” Kyungsoo stated now in a calm voice when he noticed Minrin started to bite her lip, a trait she usually does when she is near to crying.

 

“They said the movie is a funny one. It’s not a break up movie.” She repeated for the second time.

 

“The title doesn’t seem like that. Be sensitive enough.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and was about to walk back to you when Minrin beat him to it. She walks faster and grabs her bag in the couch and called your name as she shi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter