Stress

Twenties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Member: Vernon

"Hansol!" You knocked the car window, exactly at the spot where he was sitting. He opened it, looking up at you expectantly.

"What?" An eyebrow was slightly raising.

You almost took a step back. Coldness emerged from the air he released but you still gave him the brightest expression you could. "Take these with you."

"Seriously? I don't eat peanuts."

"Oh, I didn't know." You took it back, shamefully. Vernon looked away at the same time.

"We'll take it." Hoshi extended a hand towards you from beside Vernon. You handed the box to him and he gave you a comforting smile in return.

"Work hard and take care, all of you." Everyone beamed at you except for Vernon, he has his eyes somewhere far. "Especially you, grumpy young man. I love you."

He simply nodded without even glancing, as he closed the window. Soon, you disappeared from each other's sight.

"Don't you think you're going so hard on her, Hansol?" Mingyu stated as he took a pack of peanut from what you gave.

"He's right, if I were her I'd be offended." Even when it's their leader who said it, Vernon remained wordless. Like the guy he is, still unaffected by other people's thoughts.

He simply put his headphones on, closed his eyes and drowned himself in the music.

       

Many people think that Vernon is the coolest and freest member, just because he's unrestrained in doing the things he wants. What they don't know is, it's all a part of the image they set up for him. The true Vernon is not as expressive as most people think. He tends to close himself from people whenever he's stressed and he easily becomes annoyed. He's impatient and antsy during hectic times. Especially now that they are in the middle of preparing for their concert and he has too much to compose and write, his anxiety comes and goes from time to time. Extremely putting your relationship at risk.

He didn't text you or even call you the whole while that they were away. Total of 4 days by now. Somehow it felt intentional. Because if Seungkwan manages to update you about him, it's definitely not because they are so busy. A single text with a few words like good morning or good night won't eat his time. Staying connected is just what you want after all.

At times like this that the guy thinks a girl is too easy to deal with, he deserves a hard push. It's what you're giving Vernon, so the next time you met each other coincidentally, at the apartment building you were both residing, you disregarded his presence. Completely.

"Hey, are you ignoring me?" He grabbed you by the wrist so you would turn to look at him. No one is coming out of their houses and the hallway is empty, basically just you on that floor, standing next to the elevator.

"Sorry, I almost didn't recognize you since it's been a while since we last saw ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter