Chaser

Twenties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Member: Wonwoo

"Something came up so I can't go, Minyoung. I'm really sorry." You said over the phone while following the frigid guy in front of you.

"Fine whatever. It's not like you're ditching me for the first time." She sounded pissed but there's nothing she could do either.

"Are you mad?"

"Of course not. I understand." You heard her sigh. "I'm hanging up. Bye." Then the line cut off.

"Uh Minyoung. I'm very, very sorry." Your guilt is reaching your bones but as if there is regret when you're with him. "Hey, Jeon Wonwoo! Wait for me!" You ran to him and when you were already near, he stopped abruptly making you bump to his back hard. "Ouch!"

"Stop following me. What part of that do you not understand?"

"Everything, okay? So stop complaining because I just ditched my best friend for you, ungrateful brat."

"I didn't ask you to do that." His eyes are chilly as always. In fact, looking at him would make shivers run down your spine but no one could ever be more used to it but you. "In this case you're not far from being a stalker."

"Then what a beautiful stalker you got." He can't help but become speechless at your confidence. He rolled his eyes on you before proceeding his way.

       

Savage, cold, reticent are just few of the words that best decribes Jeon Wonwoo. There is pretty much nothing going on with him but the whole campus doesn't go on without talking about the happenings in his daily life. He was like a newspaper that everyone reads.

Why?

Because the school's most famous and powerful girls like him and every single day, he dumps atleast one of them. It was just fun for everyone to see beautiful and admired girls falling head over heels, leaving their pride for this man that would never even glance at them.

But you are not one of those top girls. You don't have pride to throw or beauty to display but the feelings you have for Wonwoo is pure and sincere. You didn't even like him for his appearance but because of the many times he helped you inside and outside the four walls of your classroom. Well maybe appearance counts but still, you might be the only girl that have seen his kind and thoughtful inside despite of his hard outside.

"Hey, Wonwoo! Let's eat lunch. I'll treat you."

"Lunch is provided and I don't want to eat with you."

"It's fish." You know very well how much he hates the smell of seafoods. He will never eat one.

"." As expected. "I'm not eating."

"Do you even see yourself? You're too skinny to begin with."

"Even if I starve myself to death, it's none of your business."

You scoffed. Actually, it makes sense. Well, in the first place, he never really cared.

"I should write an evaluation of the cafeteria. They don't consider people who don't eat fish or even those who have allergy." You sat beside him. "If you're not eating then I'm not eating too."

That's a childish remark but you just want to spend time with him. He would surely keep himself isolated again which suits his appearance but you just don't want to see him alone.

As lunch time passes, more and more people takes glances inside the room. Wonwoo has his head buried in his arms over the table. He doesn't really care about those people but the amount of attention he's getting is too burdensome.

"Move." He stood all of a sudden, held your wrist and pulled you to the blind side of the room. You can't see the people peeking and they couldn't see you too. "This is too uncomfortable."

"What's happening?" Wonwoo knows that a girl seen with him on a certain time would be the talk of the town the next day. He doesn't care but it's not like he doesn't know.

"Just stay there and don't let yourself be seen if you're not leaving."

"Why?" You're not even playing dumb but it's because your social life is totally dead. You have no idea with how much impact this can cause you if people sees you with him.

"Just do it or I'll be the one to leave."

"Okay." At the same time, Minyoung went in. Her face looks dumbstruck.

"Oh my god! Hey!" 

She didn't say another word and dragged you out of the room. The people outside slowly dispersed when Wonwoo hid himself on the blind side but those who were left had their eyes on you. Scanning you from head to toe.

"Do you have any idea of what you're putting yourself in?" Minyoung slapped your arm repeatedly.

"Ouch! Hey, I didn't do anything wrong."

"How many times do I have to remind you not to be seen with that guy? Look, Wonwoo is more important to this school than the school's importance to him. As if you don't know that half of the girls here attend school because of him. I don't want you to wake up to threats and hate messages."

"Reminding me is useless, Minyoung. I'm not letting him be alone because of anyone."

You walked away and returned to your room where you left Wonwoo. You found him resting his face on his arms, sleeping. The boy looks beautiful, awake or far in dreamland. You just realized that it doesn't matter if he doesn't respond to whatever you say now, atleast he doesn't shoo you away. You can stay there and stare at his face forever.

       

You gave out a sigh while still scanning the beautiful scene before you.

Wonwoo put a hand on your head and slowly lowered it down sideways, his eyes still closed. You are now both resting your cheeks on the table.

Face to face.

"I said, don't be seen."

You opened your mouth to speak but nothing came out. Staring at him up close is too overwhelming. Your heart is almost on your throat which is all dried up at the moment. Wonwoo unknowingly does things that make you flutter.

"Uh,.. I-I think I should eat." You failed to get a hold of yourself and keep calm because he is so close. You immediately stood up and composed yourself. Wonwoo was unbothered and didn't even say another word even after you informed him of your abrupt hunger.

He's too tired to care.

"What was that?" You whispered to yourself as soon as you left the room, knocking your tightening chest.

Wonwoo has a strong effect that can trigger all your bottled up feelings for him.

As expected.

***

The next day and the following days were just normal and ordinary. You started and ended it with chasing Wonwoo who in return, never even glimpsed at you. Again, he's too tired of living his own life to care about the things you do.

"Hey, are you okay? You look... sick." His lips were color and there were crystal sweats on his forehead.

"Be quiet, I want to rest." He buried his face in his arms over the table, as always. You placed the back of your hand on your forehead and slowly slipped your other hand in his neck. Just when you did, your hands felt the difference in your temperatures. His is really high from normal and at this point he must be feeling very dizzy from it.

"Goodness!"

"Don't touch me." His voice was weak not because classes are ongoing but because he doesn't have the energy to shout at you.

"Wonwoo, your temperature..." You whispered in return. "You have to go to the clinic."

"I'm okay." But he can't even open his eyes. He feels like chilled in this hot weather and his vision is blurry.

"No, you're not. You need meds." You raised your hand to get your teacher's attention. "Excuse me, ma'am. Wonwoo has a fever."

"Are you sure?" The teacher immediately walked towards him and put a hand over his forehead. "He's burning. Can you take him to the clinic?"

"I said I'm fine." He retorted.

"Jeon Wonwoo, I can get in trouble if something worse happens to you. Just go there and take the nurse's prescription." The way he trembles while bullet-like sweats form on his head tells everyone who can see him how serious his fever is. "Please, accompany him."

"My feet are fine. I can walk alone." As soon as he stood up, his vision became even more blurry. He stopped for a while to grab his balance before walking out of the room. You followed right after but he shook your hand off when you tried to assist him.

"Seriously, what's so difficult in accepting help from others?" You tried to take his attention but you got the other students' instead. By that, you are so dead. Maybe not today but the following days will definitely be torture.

"I don't need your help. Get lost!"

"As if you don't know that that won't work on me."

Wonwoo is so stubborn and his pride is so high, you know that and it doesn't matter. You are willing to match yourself to him if necessary and that is why you still ended up in the clinic, looking after the usual sleeping guy, but now with a fever.

"You can return to your class. He'll be asleep until the medicine takes effect."

"I'll leave when his fever subsides."

"But you'll skip lectures if you stay here."

"It doesn't matter. I can manage."

"Well, if you insist." You have this straight face while talking to the nurse that sort of creeped her so he just let you do your thing.

You took the vacant bed beside Wonwoo and stared at him again for the nth time today. You will never get tired of looking at his face.

There is no particular reason why you like him but this all happened because of a simple incident. You were walking down the stairs that beautiful morning when your foot suddenly slipped a step. You closed your eyes tight, ready to accept the big impact this fall will cause to your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter