D - 22

Christmas Wonderland

“This, this or this? Or that?” Yerin asked as she held up three different shades of lip tint and pointed at another one behind her friend.

“They all look good.” Eunha sighed.

“Oh, come on, there has to be at least one that’s better than the others. Help me out here, will you?” Yerin pouted.

“She’s your girlfriend, Yerin. She’ll like whatever you give her. Besides, she’s not picky about these things.”

“I know, but still… Just pick one. I specifically asked you out today because you’re the most feminine person I know. Also, because you’ve known B the longest.” Yerin said as she raised the bottles of lip tints in her hand.

Eunha looked at them, brows slightly furrowed in thought.

“This one seems best.” The shorter girl concluded after much consideration, pointing at the middle bottle.

“Airy Velvet?” Yerin asked as she turned the bottles around to read the label on them. “Nice choice. I knew I could count on you!”

Eunha shook her head with a slight smile as she watched her friend skip to the counter to make her purchase. She returned shortly with a small paper bag in hand.

“Do you have time?” Yerin asked as she looked at her watch.

“Why? Are you planning to treat me to lunch?” Eunha teased as they walked out of the shop and into the cold winter air.

“That and to go grocery shopping. I need to buy some ingredients for tomorrow.” Yerin replied as she folded the paper bag neatly and tucked it into the inner pocket of her coat.

“Tomorrow? What’s happening tomorrow?” Eunha asked curiously.

“I’m going to take her out to the park for a small picnic.” The older girl said with a wide grin.

“Are you planning to surprise her every day?” the shorter girl raised an eyebrow and Yerin hummed with a nod.

“I’m going to give her a mini surprise every day until Christmas. Like a… surprise advent calendar. Just that she doesn’t know that I’m doing it till she picks up on my actions.” Yerin giggled, slipping her hands into her coat pockets.

“Eunbi will probably find out within this week. She’s not that dumb.”

“I never said she was.” Yerin chuckled. “Let her find out, I’m curious about what her reaction would be anyway.”

“You lovebirds. It’s almost 3 years yet you’re still acting like you just got together last week.” Eunha laughed.

“Can’t help it.” The older girl shrugged with a smile. “Eunha-yah.”

“Hmm?”

“I think this is the hardest I ever fell for someone.” Yerin said as they walked down the street.

“I can tell. And I’m happy for you, really.” Eunha replied with a warm smile, bumping shoulders with Yerin. “Eunbi is lucky to have met you. It’s cringe-worthy to say, but I can’t picture her without you and vice versa. It’s almost like the both of you are a match made in heaven.”

“You think so?” the dark-haired girl asked as an uncontrollable grin spread across her face.

“Yep. Sojungie thinks so too. I mean, we do talk about you sometimes.”

“Talking behind my back eh?” Yerin teased as she slung her arm over Eunha’s shoulders.

“Yea yea~ We like to insult you~” the girl teased back with a playful grin, sticking out her tongue at Yerin.

“No lunch for you then.” Yerin blew a raspberry before skipping off.

“Yah!” Eunha protested as she chased after the taller girl with small steps.

“Yah?” the girl abruptly stopped, causing Eunha to crash into her. “To your unnie?”

“Pfft, it’s not like you care about formalities.” the short-haired girl said with a pout, grabbing on to Yerin’s arm.

“True. Speaking of lunch, what do you want to eat?” Yerin asked as she nodded towards a couple of restaurants.

“I’m craving sushi.”

“Sushi it is then.” Yerin smiled as she led her friend into the restaurant.

 

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

 

“So, what do you need? I feel like I’m about to get food coma soon.” Eunha jested as she inserted a coin into the slot before pulling the cart out.

“If you feel sleepy, just get into the cart and I’ll push you around. I’m sure you can fit.” Yerin sniggered and received a slap on her arm. “We’ll just look around. I haven’t thought of anything specific to cook so feel free to give some suggestions.”

“Do I get to eat some too?” Eunha asked.

“Sure. Eunbi needs to settle some stuff at work in the morning anyway. You could drop by then.” Yerin said as she took a sample from a food stand.

“Call!” the younger girl chirped. “Hmm… How about preparing her favorite dishes?”

돼지불고기? *” Yerin asked.

“Yeah, is there anything else?”

“계란말이 and 김치전. * With some rice to go with it like a little lunchbox. How does that sound?”

“Sounds good. Let’s get the ingredients then. I have to pick Sojungie from work after this.” Eunha said as they began walking towards the condiment aisle.

“Alright.”

 

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

 

“B.” Yerin called out, voice b with excitement. “Are you busy?” she plopped herself down on the couch beside the younger girl who had been looking at her phone from the time they finished dinner.

“I wouldn’t consider scrolling through memes as being busy.” Eunbi chortled as she locked her phone, placing it screen down beside her. She scooted closer to Yerin, mirroring the girl’s smile. “What’s up?”

“I have a surprise for you.” Yerin smiled. It was then that Eunbi realized that Yerin had a hand behind her back.

“What is it?” she asked, leaning closer to peek behind the older girl’s back.

“Guess.” Yerin replied as she moved back to shield the hand that was on her back.

“Hmm… Is it big?”

“Not really.”

“Alive?”

“Nope.”

“A bunch of flowers?”

Yerin shook her head.

“A keychain?”

Yerin shook her head again.

“You’re killing me, Yennie.” Eunbi groaned as she leaned back against the couch in defeat. “Tell me?"

“Jjan~” Yerin grinned as she pulled out the small gift bag. “Hope you like it.” She said as she handed it to Eunbi. She watched as the girl examined the little package before opening it.

“Lip tint?” Eunbi beamed when she looked at the package. She pulled the little bottle out and her lips instantly formed an ‘o’.

“What do you think?” Yerin asked, resting an arm on the backrest of the couch as she smiled at Eunbi who was still looking at the bottle.

“It’s a pretty shade~ I like it! Thank you!” Eunbi beamed as she leaned forward to give Yerin a hug.

“I’m glad you did.” The girl replied as she rubbed Eunbi’s back.

“But why the sudden surprise? It’s not Christmas yet.” The younger girl asked, puzzled at Yerin’s sudden present.

“Just felt like giving you something.” Yerin shrugged and Eunbi narrowed her eyes but said nothing.

“You’re so sweet, Yennie.” She giggled. “Should I apply it and give you a kiss?”

“If you want to.” Yerin chuckled. The way Eunbi’s eyes sparkled made Yerin feel pure bliss. Nothing is more rewarding than putting a smile on your lover’s face and making their day. Eunbi gingerly unscrewed the cap, dipping the applicator a couple times before lightly gliding it across her inner lip. She placed the cap back on as she pressed her lips together to smudge out the color.

“Is it okay?” Eunbi asked as she dabbed at her lower lip with her middle finger.

“You look good even with ruined makeup, B.” Yerin said with a love-sick smile.

“Tsk.” Eunbi rolled her eyes but the slight pinkish hue that rose to her cheeks gave her feelings away. “Such a sweet talker.”

“Just for you.” Yerin said. “My lips are waiting.” She teased as she puckered her lips, making kissing noises while she’s at it. Eunbi snorted and held on to Yerin’s chin, turning the girl’s head to make her face her side. She then leaned in and pressed her lips against the old’s pale cheek for a good 2 seconds before pulling away to admire her artwork.

“Looks nice.” Eunbi grinned at the faint kiss mark that was now imprinted on the side of her girlfriend’s face.

“I thought you were going to kiss me here…” Yerin pouted as she pointed at her lips.

“Your cheeks need some love too y’know?” Eunbi sniggered, ruffling Yerin’s bangs. “I’ll give you kisses tomorrow. Let’s go to bed, I have to be up early tomorrow.”

“Alright, my princess~” the dark-haired girl smiled as they stood up to return to their room for the night.

 

돼지불고기: Pork bulgogi
계란말이: Rolled omelet
김치전: Kimchi pancake