D - 5

Christmas Wonderland

The dancer poked the bobblehead with her finger, smiling as the duck’s plastic yellow head wobbled.

“You seem really amused by it.” Yerin commented as she walked past the couch on her way to the washroom.

“It’s cute, no?” Eunbi responded with a giggle, repeatedly poking it in the head as the older girl returned from the washroom.

“What’s this for anyway?” Yerin asked as she wiped her hands on her pants.

“The car. I want to put it on the dashboard. It’s your present that’s why it’s a duck.” Eunbi said simply. “Can we go on a drive? I want to see it wobbling its head.”

“Sure?” Yerin replied amusedly. It was absolutely adorable how Eunbi could be so entertained and fascinated by a bobblehead toy. “Now?”

“Yeah! Let’s go!” Eunbi chirped as she jumped up from the couch, tugging at Yerin’s arm.

“Okay, slow down B!” Yerin laughed at how energetic the girl became. Yerin barely had enough time to grab both their coats before Eunbi pulled them both out of the house and towards the lift. They went down and hopped in their car. Eunbi secured the duck bobblehead on the dashboard above the LCD screen display before buckling up.

“Set off~” Eunbi sang, reaching over to switch the gear lever behind the wheel.

“Let the engine warm up a little, B. It’s winter in case you forgot.” Yerin chuckled. Eunbi pouted but complied, playing with Yerin’s fingers as she waited.

“Still not growing out your nails?” Eunbi asked as she rubbed Yerin’s small nails.

“Nah, I feel a bit weird with long nails. Even if they’re a little long. I’m not up to dealing with dirt under them either.” Yerin shrugged. “Besides, I need them short anyway.” She wiggled her eyebrows.

“Oh my gosh!” Eunbi yelled and smacked Yerin’s arm harder than usual, causing the girl to jump at the unexpected force.

“What? I’m talking about my work! I need short nails because I need to do many hands-on stuff like setting up tripods and all. My nails will break if they’re too long. What did you think I was thinking!” Yerin laughed as she rubbed her arm. Eunbi blushed when she heard it, turning to bang her head against the window. Yerin sniggered and released the brakes before driving off. “I mean if you’re thinking about it…”

“I… Ugh! I hate you so much Jung Yerin.” Eunbi hissed through her teeth. She could feel the heat rising to her head and she was pretty sure her ears were burning red. They joke about it a lot but Yerin is really an angel from heaven. Never has she ever laid a hand on Eunbi where it would make her uncomfortable and she never disrespected the girl’s privacy. A byun angel, that’s what she was.

“Hey, look at the duckie go!” Yerin said as it started to move when they hit the sunny road. Eunbi looked back at the yellow duck that seemed to bask in the sunlight. Its head was bobbing up and down from both the motion of the car and the light it was receiving. Eunbi couldn’t help but giggle at the sight.

"Is it really that entertaining?" Yerin asked with pure curiosity and Eunbi nodded. Suddenly, she began laughing even harder than before.

“What?” Yerin asked but all Eunbi could do was laugh. “What?” Yerin asked again, lips twitching into a smile from the younger girl’s contagious laughter.

“It’s just… I just…” Eunbi wheezed, slapping her thigh as she cackled.

“What’s the matter with you?” Yerin asked, bursting out into laughter herself after seeing how tickled Eunbi was.

“I just imagined your head on that duck’s body.” Eunbi said and began giggling.

“Wow, B. Just wow.” Yerin snorted. “What kinda crack did you smoke man?” she laughed and glanced at Eunbi who was gasping for air. She placed a hand On Eunbi’s thigh and patted it, trying to get the girl to calm down. It was endearing whenever Eunbi laughed at the smallest things. It reminded Yerin of an innocent child. Yerin looked at the time on the instrument display and decided to drive around the city for a little while more before heading home.

 

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

 

Yerin let out a contented sigh as she lay down on the bed. Just as she took a deep breath, another body flopped onto her and she instantly exhaled with a cough.

“Am I heavy?” the younger girl asked.

“Is this the trick question of women?” Yerin teased. “No, you’re not. I’m used to it, B. I’ve been giving you piggyback rides for 3 years now.”

“Good. I like laying on you.” Eunbi said as she made herself comfortable in Yerin’s arms.

“Did you read my mind?” Yerin asked, patting Eunbi’s back.

“Hmm?”

“I was going to spend the day cuddling with you.”

“Really?” Eunbi asked, raising her head to look at Yerin who nodded.

“How about you get off of me for 10 seconds so that we can both get warm and comfy under the covers?” Yerin suggested and the younger girl quickly rolled off Yerin and sat up. The older girl laughed at Eunbi’s eagerness as she pulled the covers open and slipped in. Eunbi quickly followed suit and locked Yerin in her grasp.

Eunbi had her left leg draped over Yerin’s waist and her right leg slipped under the girl’s left knee. She stretched her right arm out across the bed so that Yerin would rest her head on it and rested her other hand on Yerin’s stomach.

“You really don’t want me to go anywhere huh?” Yerin chuckled, turning to look at Eunbi.

“Yes~” the girl slurred.

“What’s up with you today? You’re more hyper and cute than usual.” The girl asked as she twirled a lock of Eunbi’s hair around her index finger.

“I dunno. Just feel like it today. Just one of those times where you feel intoxicated even without alcohol.” Eunbi said and paused for a second. “You feel me?”

“Yeah…” Yerin nodded her head slowly with a soft smile on her lips. She covered Eunbi’s cold hand that was resting on her stomach with her own, touching the stainless-steel ring that wrapped snugly around her ring finger. She closed her eyes as her thoughts began to drift. There was something that crossed her mind often these days but… no, it could wait.

“A dollar for your thoughts.” Eunbi whispered. “Or were you sleeping?”

“Ah no, just thinking. Thinking about you.” Yerin said and shot another greasy wink.

“Why did I even ask.” Eunbi rolled her eyes and grinned, pinching Yerin’s stomach.

“Leave my fats alone will you?” Yerin pouted, returning a pinch to the younger girl’s cheek. The younger girl blew a raspberry and hid her face in the crook of Yerin’s neck. All the older girl could do was smile.

A cuddly, high and loopy Eunbi was definitely and most certainly without a doubt the cutest side of Eunbi.