D - 12

Christmas Wonderland

“Clothes, charger, gloves, scarf, winter jacket… What else…” Eunbi whispered to herself as she leaned against the bed, looking at the carriers laid out on the floor.

“Hot packs?” Yerin asked from the bed.

“Ah yea, those.” Eunbi snapped her fingers and pushed herself up from the floor to get the hot packs. Yerin scooted over to the edge of the bed to look inside the carrier, poking around to check what the younger girl had packed.

“Toiletries?” the photographer asked when Eunbi returned to the room.

“I’ll put those in before we leave.”

“Don’t forget our glasses.” Yerin reminded in an amused tone.

“Of course, how could I forget those?” Eunbi raised an eyebrow at the older girl.

“I dunno. Maybe because it’s on your face.”

“Aish.” She scrunched up her nose and reached out to poke Yerin but the latter dodged the attack.

“Mehrong~” Yerin laughed as she got out of bed to join Eunbi on the floor. “Windbreakers? Isn’t it snowing?”

“It is. That’s what these are for.” Eunbi replied, patting the padded coats.

“Then what are those…”

“It’s a surprise~ You’ll find out when we need it.”

Yerin pouted but didn’t question further. Seeing that Eunbi was busy with her phone, she left the room quietly and went to the kitchen. She opened an overhead cabinet and paused for a second before pulling a bottle of wine from the rack.

“Quinta Nova Pomares Moscatel from…” Yerin squinted at the label. “2014. Should be alright.” It’s her favourite wine anyway. She walked back to the room with the bottle of wine in hand.

“There you were. I was wondering where you went.” Eunbi said when she saw Yerin.

“I slipped out while you looked busy. Here, your present of the day.” She said as she handed the bottle to the girl who took it with careful hands.

“Aww, my favourite kind of wine.” Eunbi cooed as she looked at the bottle.

“Since we’re going for fancy dinner tomorrow, might as well take along some wine. Is there corkage?” Yerin asked as the thought crossed her mind.

“I doubt Sojung-unnie would charge us.” Eunbi exhaled amusedly. “If she did… I’m gonna riot.”

“She’ll kick you off the top of the tower if you ever messed up her restaurant.” Yerin sniggered.

“I’ll get Eunha-unnie to save me then.”

“So sly, B.” the older girl cackled. “Come here.” She said softly as she tugged at Eunbi’s shirt.

“Hmm? Why?” Eunbi asked, standing up. Yerin crawled back into bed and patted the spot beside her. Eunbi took her glasses off and placed them on the nightstand before joining Yerin on the bed. The girl had made herself comfortable and held the blanket up for Eunbi.

“I just wanted to hold you.” Yerin said honestly without any underlying feelings.

“Want me to tell you about our trip?” Eunbi asked.

“Didn’t you say it was a surprise?”

“It is but I think you should know roughly what we’re going to do so you don’t feel so lost. Besides, I want to know your opinion too and if there’s anywhere, in particular, you’d like to go since this trip is your surprise. It won’t be fair if I’m just dragging you around, would it?” Eunbi reasoned.

“True. Go ahead then.” Yerin said as she hugged the girl closer.

“Well, our first proper day there, I planned to go to the Maze land and Manjanggul Cave. On the second day, we’ll go to Cheonjeyeon waterfall which is why I packed some ponchos just in case it’s windy. We’ll also go to the garden nearby and of course, pay a visit to that mysterious road.”

“Ohh that road! I heard so much about it!”

“Mmhm, that’s why we’re going there to see the magic for ourselves.” Eunbi said.

“You sure planned many scenic places to go to.” Yerin smiled as she combed through Eunbi’s hair.

“Of course, they’re your favourite. Anyways, since our flight back on Monday is at around 4, we can go to Hamdeok beach and take a stroll before going to catch our flight. That’s the plan for now. What do you think?”

“I’ll trust in you. Hmm… I can’t think of anything to do right now. I’ll tell you later, maybe after I do a little research.” Yerin said as she looked up at the ceiling in thought.

“Sure, no hurry. Besides, we’re running on our own schedule. You can tell me when we’re there too.” Eunbi smiled, looking up at Yerin. She puckered her lips which grazed Yerin’s chin.

“What was that?” Yerin laughed, touching her chin.

“A kiss.” Eunbi stuck her tongue out.

“That’s a very bizarre kiss.”

“’Cause it’s especially for you.” Eunbi smiled.

“Sad excuse you have for a kiss.” Yerin teased, lightly smacking Eunbi’s behind. “Let’s carry on packing. I should probably pack my own stuff.”

“After I’ve packed half for you?” Eunbi asked amusedly as they got out of bed.

“Well… At least I’ll be doing something this time.” Yerin smiled as she walked to the wardrobe. She pulled out a couple of pullovers and long-sleeved shirts to bring with her since it was going to be colder than Seoul. She folded them up before grabbing 2 pairs of jeans.

“This should be enough for 3 days and 3 nights, right?” Yerin asked as she packed them into her carrier.

“Yeah. Don’t forget your pyjamas too.” Eunbi reminded as she placed a small bottle of saline into her carrier.

“Oh right.” Yerin snapped her fingers before going back to the wardrobe for a pair of comfortable pyjamas. “What would I do without you?”

“Hmm, maybe forget many things?” Eunbi smiled as she buckled the strap.

“I guess I won’t be able to survive.” Yerin pouted.

“I agree.” The girl sniggered.

“Hey!” Yerin huffed indignantly and Eunbi pinched her cheeks.

“Jokes. Move along now.” The younger girl ruffled Yerin’s hair before leaving the room.