D - 8

Christmas Wonderland

“God... I’m so tired.” Eunbi groaned as she stretched in bed, letting out a big yawn.

“I didn’t even do anything to you last night.” Yerin sniggered and Eunbi turned over to slap the girl’s abdomen.

“.” She rolled her eyes and unplugged her phone that was charging on the nightstand. “Shall we have brunch before starting our plans?”

Yerin hummed and slipped out of bed. They washed up and got dressed before heading down the road to a small Chinese restaurant. Yerin took her phone out and began scrolling though the news after placing their order. Eunbi looked out of the window, lightly tapping her fingers on the table.

“So, we’re going to 3 places today?” Yerin asked without looking up. She stretched her legs under the table and bumped into Eunbi’s shoes, causing the girl to smile.

“Yeah. Anywhere else you want to go to?”

“We’ll see. Maybe something interesting will catch my eye. Or we could fit in a couple more scenic places. Who knows?” Yerin shrugged. Eunbi nodded with a hum as she looked at Yerin with a soft smile. She loved how comfortable they were with each other. Sitting in silence and just knowing that the other person was there made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Their food was served, and they ate mostly in silence.

“Wow I feel like I could go back to sleep.” Eunbi said as they walked out of the restaurant. She pulled her jacket tighter around her form and hugged it.

“You seem tired. Do you want me to drive instead?” Yerin suggested but the girl shook her head.

“It’s okay. I’ll wake up if I get a kiss from you.” Eunbi grinned, leaning closer to Yerin.

“I think a slap would wake you up more effectively.” She raised her hand and wiggled her fingers. Eunbi was about to say something but Yerin pulled her in for a quick kiss. “Now, wake up.”

The younger girl jumped slightly and stood abnormally straight with wide eyes, causing Yerin to burst into laughter at the comedic sight.

“We’re actually quite early today. You know what? Let’s go to all three waterfalls that are famous here. I mean, how much time can you spend by a waterfall anyway? It’s too cold to take a dip so maybe 30 or 40 mins at each to admire the scenery and drive around. Sounds good?” Eunbi said.

“Sounds great. I’ll have many pictures to keep as memories.” Yerin grinned.

“Cool. We’ll head down to Jeongbang first. Then Cheonjiyeon and lastly Cheonjeyeon.” Eunbi said and released the handbrakes.

 

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

 

“Wow.” Was all Yerin could say when they got out of the car. The sun was blinding, beating down mercilessly on the ground. The photographer shut the door and pulled her aviators from the collar of her shirt and slipped it on. “It sounds spectacular.”

“Shall we? There’s a flight of stairs that we can go down to the foot of the fall. Zip up and let’s go.” Eunbi smiled as she slipped her own Ray bans on before zipping up her windbreaker. They treaded down the stairs with careful steps. The wind was exceptionally biting due to the waterfall, overpowering the warmth of the blazing sun.

“Looks painful.” Yerin said as she looked around.

“Sorry?”

“Looks painful if someone were to fall here.” Yerin said, nodding towards the loose rocks. “Welp, shall we get some pictures? It’s freezing.” She said, rocking on the balls of her feet.

“Just be careful.” Eunbi twitched an eyebrow and took out her phone. She stood beside the older girl and raised the phone.

“Wait let me take one.” Yerin said as she took the phone from Eunbi. She raised it and they smiled. “Wait, look there!” The photographer suddenly said and pointed at the waterfall. Eunbi looked over in the direction.

“Look at what?” Eunbi asked, eyes scanning around for anything that could have attracted Yerin’s attention. She looked back towards the girl only to have a pair of soft lips pressed against hers and the sound of the camera going off.

“Perfect.” Yerin grinned and stuffed Eunbi’s phone into her coat pocket. “Time for some sightseeing.” She took the hot pack from her coat pocket and took Eunbi’s cold hands into her own, keeping the pack between their palms. The rocks were too wet for them to walk on and the freezing waters weren’t inviting so they decided to stay by the bank and enjoy the view instead. They hung around for another 5 minutes before heading back to their car.

“I knew it would be cold but I didn’t know it would be that cold.” Yerin said as she adjusted the heater in the car.

“Good thing we packed warm?” Eunbi smiled as she rubbed her hands together.

“Yeah. The next one isn’t far away, is it?”

“Nope, just a… 10-minute drive according to this GPS. That’ll give us enough time to warm up before heading out to get our asses frozen again.” The dancer chuckled as she backed the car out of the lot. “The car can only take us to the start of the trail. We’ll have to walk about 1 kilometre to get to the fall itself. Do you still want to go?”

“Well… I guess it will be worth the walk. Right?” Yerin asked.

“The fall is illuminated at night which is prettier and there’s a restaurant there that serves abalone porridge and grilled mackerel along the carpark. Last entry is at 10 pm so we could make that stop at night and grab dinner to warm us up before taking a walk down.”

“Yeah then we’ll just do that. Let’s go down to Cheonjeyeon first then. I’ll help you key the address in.” Yerin said as she reached out to key in the address. It was a slightly longer drive there but it was worth the scenery along the way. They went to get their tickets before starting on the trail.

“This waterfall is broken up into 3 sections and water would flow through all of them before going into the sea. Fun fact, this is the only waterfall in Asia to be connected directly to the sea.” Eunbi said as they strolled along. “If you want we could also go to the Seonimgyo bridge. We’ll get the best view of all three falls over there.”

“Lead the way, tour guide Hwang.” Yerin giggled as she hooked her arm around Eunbi’s.

 

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

 

“I think you’ll get lost easily in here.” Yerin chuckled as she kneeled to snap a picture of the Lavender bush.

“Why? I think I’m much taller than the flowers.” Eunbi raised an eyebrow.

“You are but you’re as pretty as them. You’ll get lost in the sea of pretty things.” Yerin said and laughed at her own remarks. “C’mon, let’s go up to the observation deck first before looking around.”

They took the lift and walked out onto the deck. The view was magnificent; clear blue sky with puffy white clouds, snow-capped Hallasan and trees, there was a field below that was completely white from the snow. In the distance, they could also see the coast and Marado Island.

“Woah now this is what I call a Winter Wonderland.” Yerin said as she raised her phone to take a panoramic shot of the view as well as a couple of pictures and selcas. When the frigid wind got too much to bear, the couple headed back down and commenced their tour on the greenhouses. Seeing that they still had places to go, they decided to visit the ones that caught their interests. Namely, the flower and forest ones. There was one thing that they had in common and that was their love for being around nature.

The flowers were still in bloom from the warm shelter provided by the green house and the walk was silent as they appreciated the beauty of the different species of flowers. They would just gesture if they wanted to take a picture together since the silence was so comfortable. After taking a load of pictures, Eunbi decided that they should head down to the Mysterious road before it gets too dark to see.

It was around 4 by the time they arrived at the road. They could see a couple of other cars parked alongside the road and tourist squatting down as they rolled bottles while others videoed.

“Time to see the magic for myself.” Yerin said as she pulled her bottle of water from the drink compartment in the car. She bent down and placed the bottle on it’s side. “Ready?”

“Go for it.” Eunbi smiled as she started recording. Yerin released the bottle and it began to roll downhill.

“This is so interesting!” she exclaimed as she watched the bottle roll down even though the road seemed to be slightly inclined. Eunbi moved the camera up to capture the road and back to bottle as Yerin stepped forward to catch it before it could roll all the way down.

“This is some high level optical illusion right here.” Eunbi said as she took the bottle from Yerin and handed her the phone. The dancer bent down and rolled the bottle, laughing when it seemed to defy all laws of physics when it rolled downhill once again.

“Ready to go? Sun sets at around 5:30 so we can head over now and get dinner. Maybe catch the sunset too.” Eunbi said as she checked the time on her phone.

“Yeah, let’s go then. We got our video proof.” Yerin chuckled. They hopped into the car and set off for their last destination of the day.

 

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

 

“I had an image in mind as to how it would look like but this is far from what I had prepared myself for.” Yerin yelled over the thunderous roar of the waterfall.

“Is It spectacular?” Eunbi asked as she squeezed Yerin’s hands.

“It’s transcendent. Majestic.” Yerin replied, staring at the illuminated water. She was absolutely captivated by the beauty of the waterfall. The sun was down but there was enough light for the surroundings to be seen before the top of the waterfall plunges into darkness.

Although they wouldn’t be able to see much from the bridge Eunbi had mentioned earlier, they still decided to walk over since they were already there.

“It’s a shame we have to go back tomorrow…” Eunbi sighed as she leaned over the railing of the bridge. “I still want to explore more.”

“It’s okay. We can always come back another time.” Yerin smiled. “Thank you, B. For this trip and all. You really spoiled me this weekend.”

“Anything for my princess right? You’re always welcome.” Eunbi chuckled, leaning towards Yerin and bumped their shoulders. Yerin turned to look at Eunbi who was already staring at her. The latter’s eyes drifted from Yerin’s eyes down to her lips.

“Are you thinking of something B?” Yerin whispered as Eunbi inched closer.

“Maybe. Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” the girl teased with a slight smile.

“Guess there’s only one way to find out huh?” Yerin said breathily, tickling Eunbi’s lips with her warm breath. She relaxed as the younger girl leaned closer and eventually closed the distance between their lips. Yerin loved how soft Eunbi’s lips were. They were never chapped and seemed to be smooth and soft every single day.

Above all, Yerin loved Eunbi. At that moment where their lips touched, there were a couple of cheers from whoever that saw it, but they paid them no attention. At that moment, they felt like nothing else around them mattered. As long as they had each other, they could handle anything that was thrown their way.

Together. That was all that really mattered.