D - 13

Christmas Wonderland

“Get changed, we’re going out.” Eunbi said as she walked into the living room. She had already changed into a pair of black ripped jeans and a pale green bomber jacket over a plain white shirt. Yerin, who was lounging on the couch snacking on cookies, paused midway of bringing a cookie up to .

“What?” The girl asked, confused when Eunbi stared at her.

“Get changed, we’re going out.” She repeated.

“Right now?” she asked incredulously.

“Right now. Go go, you can snack later.” Eunbi said as she tugged at Yerin’s wrist. The girl popped the rest of the cookie into and handed the bag to Eunbi as she walked to their room. Yerin changed into a pair of blue jeans and threw on a black denim jacket over her striped long-sleeved shirt.

“Where are we going?” Yerin asked as she adjusted the bracelet around her wrist before putting on her socks.

“Dress shopping.” Eunbi replied simply.

“Say what now?”

“You heard me.”

“For… you?” Yerin raised an eyebrow as she slipped her shoes on.

“You.” Eunbi replied, handing Yerin her coat.

“Me? What’s the occasion?”

“I’m taking you out for dinner this Thursday, so I would like my date to look gorgeous. Also, pack your bags, we’re taking a short trip the day after.” Eunbi said, leaving Yerin confused.

“Wha?” Yerin asked, confusion written all over her face. She opened the door for Eunbi to get in.

“I’ll tell you when you get in the car.” Eunbi smiled and Yerin shut the door with a shrug. She jogged over to the other side and got in.

“I’m taking you on a little vacation and our flight is in the evening at 6:15 pm on Friday. As for where we’re headed to, that’s a surprise you’ll find out later. We’ll stay there until Monday afternoon before coming back. I already have everything planned out so all you have to do is relax. This trip is for you.” Eunbi explained as she rubbed the back of Yerin’s hand.

“Are you serious?” Yerin asked, shocked by Eunbi’s surprise. She hadn’t expected such a surprise from the younger girl.

“Of course! After all you had done for me, I think it’s my turn to shower you with love.” Eunbi grinned. “Alright alright, let’s go~” she giggled.

 

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

 

“Why are all these white?” Yerin asked from the fitting room.

“Because you look like an angel in white.” Eunbi replied as if stating the obvious.

“Aish.” Yerin sighed. She unlocked the door and opened it slightly, causing Eunbi who was leaning against the door to stumble backwards slightly. The photographer caught Eunbi and pulled her in, closing the fitting room door and locked it.

“Why am I in here now?” Eunbi asked with a slightly cheeky smile.

“Definitely not for whatever you’re thinking about.” Yerin snorted. “You handed me like, a mountain of different dresses so how about you pick out the ones you really, really like.”

“But you look good in everything!” the dancer protested.

“You can’t buy everything!” Yerin slapped her forehead.

“Okay then uh… This. This… This. Oh, this too.” Eunbi said as she picked up the dresses.

“You’re going to pick everything again!” Yerin cried.

“Am not! And this! That’s all. I’ll return the rest.” Eunbi said and gathered the other hangers before leaving Yerin to try on the 5 dresses. The first dress was the simplest of them all; a plain white sleeveless one-piece with a collar and inverted pleats. The second was reminiscent of a simplified Victorian dress; puffy cuffs by the elbows, translucent sleeves and more intricate lace patterns down the center. The third was a slightly more revealing piece; a one shoulder dress that came down to Yerin’s midthigh.

“These 3 are nice but hmm… Not the best…” Eunbi mumbled thoughtfully as she rubbed her chin.

“I’m tired.” Yerin announced and sat herself down on the little stool by the corner. “How about this one? This one caught my attention earlier.” She said, pointing at the last dress.

“That actually looks like the best option.” Eunbi muttered under her breath.

“Then what are all these for?” Yerin threw her hands into the air, exasperated.

“I wanted to admire your beauty.” Eunbi stated lamely. “Try this last one okay?” she gave Yerin a kiss on the cheek before stepping out. She could hear clothes rustling and hangers tapping against one another. The lock clicked and Yerin stepped out. A soon as Eunbi turned around, she felt as if the air had been snatched from her lungs.

“Wow…” she whispered to herself but Yerin heard it anyway.

“I’ll take that it’s good?” Yerin asked, twirling around.

“It’s more than good. It’s spectacular. You look stunning.” Eunbi said in awe as she admired the girl’s beauty. The boat neck collar of the dress allowed Yerin’s collarbones to be seen slightly and the small ribbon added a cute touch to the outfit. The thee-quarter Chantilly bell sleeves too, had white ribbons around the elbows and matched with the girl pale skin to a tee with the hem of her dress ending just above her knees. The dress as a whole seemed of noble simplicity. It wasn’t extravagant, but it still made Yerin seem like royalty. Even though it wasn’t a form fitting dress, it still managed to emphasize the girl’s slim figure. Eunbi knew Yerin was pretty but she didn’t know the latter could look this pretty.

“Well?” Yerin asked, waiting for the girl to say something.

“It’s perfect. Forget about the last one, we’re getting this.” Eunbi said as she took the other dresses out.

 

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

 

“Where to next, princess?” Eunbi asked as she swung their interlocked hands.

“Well, my surprise for today is a simple one.” Yerin smiled as she looked into Eunbi’s eyes. “Come.”

Yerin led the girl towards Starbucks and sat her down at a table by the wall.

“Wait here.” Yerin said with a knowing smile as if she was up to something. Eunbi watched as the girl walked towards the counter to order their drinks. She leaned over the counter slightly and saw the barista nodding with the same smile that Yerin had.

“What did you say?” Eunbi asked when Yerin sat down.

“Wait for it.” Yerin grinned, nodding towards the counter. Right on cue, the barista looked around before calling out the order.

“Café latte for the most beautiful girl in the world!” The barista called out even though there weren’t many customers, causing everyone to look towards the counter.

“Oh my god… Jung Yerin…” Eunbi groaned as she dropped her head into her hands.

“Go on, get your drink.” Yerin egged the younger girl, nudging her under the table with her knee. Eunbi stood up dreadfully, hanging her head low as she walked towards the counter.

“M’lady?” the barista asked when Eunbi stood by the counter. “Hold your head up high, you really are a beauty, just as your girlfriend said. I can tell she loves you a lot.” He said with a smile as he slid the cup towards Eunbi.

“Thank you.” The girl said, looking up at the barista. Although she was bashful, she walked back to their table with a more confident posture than before. She could hear the faint whispers from the other customers complimenting her beauty and how they agreed with what the barista had said. Or in this case, been requested to say.

“You’re really going all out to embarrass me huh?” Eunbi asked as she sat down with her drink.

“Just letting everyone know that the most beautiful girl in the world is here.” Yerin sniggered. “Too bad she’s already taken by a lucky person called Jung Yerin.”

“Tsk. Are you not drinking anything?” Eunbi asked when she realized that the barista had only called out for her and not Yerin.

“Nope. It’s okay though, I’ll just watch you drink. I mean, not in a creepy way. Ah you get what I mean.” Yerin leaned back into the armchair and rested her head against the top of the backrest, closing her eyes.

“Tired?” Eunbi asked.

“My eyes are. They sting a little.” Yerin said without moving from her position.

“We’re going home after this by the way. I need to finalize some stuff for the trip.” Eunbi said, sipping her latte. Yerin hummed in acknowledgement, stretching her legs out.

“B?”

“Yeah?” the girl looked up at Yerin who still had her eyes closed. The girl didn’t say anything, so she turned her attention back to her phone.

“Eunbi.”

“Hmm?” the girl hummed in question only to be met with no response. “What are you doing?”

“Nothing. I just like calling you.” Yerin said with a slight smirk. Eunbi shook her head with a chuckle.

What a silly girlfriend she had.