D - 14

Christmas Wonderland

Eunbi got into the car and placed the paper bag on the passenger seat. She pressed the ignition switch and leaned back into the leather seat. She reached grabbed her phone from the dashboard and unlocked it, opening the calendar. Today was the 11th. They had plans to visit their parents on the weekend before Christmas itself and to make Christmas dinner for the girls.

The dancer fiddled with her helix piercing as she stared at the calendar. She was planning 2 special surprises for Yerin, but she had to make sure the girl didn’t have work this entire week. The only time left would be this weekend.

 

From: 린니~ 💞

Are you free for the rest of the week? Including this coming weekend?

 

Eunbi switched back to the calendar as she waited for the girl’s response. In typical Yerin fashion, the girl replied in less than a minute.

 

Yea. I cleared my schedule for the rest of December to match with you so that we could spend the rest of the year together. Why?

 

Ah okay. Just asking. Btw, have you had lunch?

 

Yeah. I bought some tteokbokki and ramen. There’s still some if you haven’t eaten yet.

 

Okay. I’m otw back now. See you in a bit :)

See you :)

 

Eunbi closed the message and placed a call to Sojung.

“Eunbi-yah? What’s up?”

“Unnie, could you reserve me and Yerin a table at a quiet spot for dinner on the 14th? This coming Thursday.” Eunbi said, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel.

“Sure. Any special requests?” Sojung asked and Eunbi could tell the girl had a smile on her face.

“Not really. Maybe play some of Yerin’s favourite classical pieces over the speakers on that day.”

“I got you. See you two then.” Sojung said before ending the call. Eunbi placed her phone in the cup holder before disengaging the brakes and headed home.

 

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

 

As soon as the dancer stepped through the door, she saw a Nerf gun laid out with 2 extra magazines stacked neatly beside it on the floor with a slip of paper beneath it. She kept her shoes before kneeling to pick the gun and ammo up along with the paper.

“Welcome home my dear, to get your lunch, you’ll have to defeat me :P Good luck!” Eunbi raised an eyebrow. “The heck?”

Right after she said that, she heard a gun cocking from one of the rooms and a foam bullet came whizzing her way, hitting her in the chest before falling to the ground, bouncing a couple of times. The sound of a certain photographer’s cackling could also be heard and Eunbi rolled her eyes. She placed the paper bag on the couch and calmly took her coat off.

“You picked the wrong fight!” She yelled down the hallway. Clipping the extra magazine to the stock and stuffing the other into her back pocket, she slid behind the couch and peeked out only to duck again when she saw Yerin peeking out of the bathroom. She fired blindly when she heard the frantic footsteps of the older girl running around.

“AY!” Yerin yelped when she got hit by a couple of bullets. Eunbi flipped herself over the couch and ducked behind the wall, shooting bullets into the guest room where Yerin was hiding. The girl popped out and shot back, causing Eunbi to retreat. The latter emptied the magazine and switched it out before running straight into the guest room. Yerin, who was hiding right by the door, screamed when Eunbi entered. She shot at Eunbi as she rolled backward out of the room and scurried to the next room.

“What was that!” Eunbi dropped to the floor in laughter after seeing Yerin’s unorthodox way of escaping. Yerin didn’t reply and Eunbi stumbled out of the room to chase after the girl. There was only one room that the girl could possibly be hiding in and that was their bedroom. Eunbi cocked her gun as she approached the room, pushing the door that was ajar open. Immediately, a bullet struck her in the head and she dropped to the floor, firing at Yerin who was hiding behind the bed. She crawled towards the bed and slid under the frame, grabbing at Yerin’s legs.

The older girl squealed and hopped onto the bed, rolling over the mattress and landing on the other side. She grabbed Eunbi’s legs that were sticking out from under the bed and pulled her out, pointing her gun at the girl who shielded her face.

“Spare me!” Eunbi said as she shot a bullet at Yerin’s stomach which ricocheted and fell back onto her.

“I’m out of bullets but I caught you, so I guess I win.” Yerin said smugly. Just as she released her hold on the girl’s ankle, Eunbi got to her feet and hooked a leg behind Yerin’s right knee, pushing them backward with her body weight and they tumbled onto the bed. Eunbi took Yerin’s gun and straddled the girl, pointing both the Nerf guns at her on either side of her head.

“I think I won this time.” Eunbi smirked, proud of herself for turning the tables. Yerin laughed as she spread her arms out on the bed, defeated.

“You’ve definitely won if you’re sitting on me like that.” Yerin said through her laughter, lightly smacking Eunbi’s thighs that were by her side. The younger girl chuckled as she got off the bed and extended her hand towards Yerin.

“Byun.” She teased as she pulled Yerin to her feet. “Let’s go eat. I mean, I’ll go eat.”

“What will I do then?” Yerin asked as she followed the younger girl out to the kitchen.

“You’ll watch.” Eunbi said with a little grin. The older girl pouted at the answer she was given and they stopped in the middle of the living room. Eunbi leaned into Yerin’s personal space and bumped their noses together.

“Why the pout?”

“I… Uh…” Yerin stuttered as her mind blanked out.

“Want a kiss?”

“What?”

“Guess that’s a no then.” Eunbi said in a mock disappointed tone before walking off without Yerin.

“Huh? Kiss? Wait! I want one!” Yerin called out after she processed what Eunbi had said. “Yah! Come back!”