D - 11

Christmas Wonderland

“Sojung, can I make a last-minute request?” the dark-haired girl said as she paced around the room.

“What is it?”

“Can you prepare a small bouquet of Aster?” she said as she glanced back at the bedroom door.

“Sure. Anything else?”

“Nope. Thanks~ See you later.” Yerin whispered before hanging up. She walked back to the bed and sat on the edge. According to Eunbi, their reservation was at 7 which meant that they had plenty of time to get ready. There were roughly 3 hours to spare. Now, what should she do to pass time?

Yerin got up and went out to the living room and saw the younger girl watching TV. She sat down heavily on the couch and rested her legs on Eunbi’s lap.

“What are you watching?” Yerin asked, letting out a soft yawn.

“I don’t know actually. It just looked interesting, so I watched it.” Eunbi replied.

“Sounds like a plan.” Yerin chuckled. She pushed herself up into sitting position and turned around so that she could lay down on Eunbi’s lap instead. The younger girl smiled and rested her hand on Yerin’s stomach.

“What time shall we leave?” Eunbi asked as Yerin played with her fingers.

“Dunno. It’s like a 15-minute drive away so maybe… 6:30?”

“Sounds good. Let’s just chill for now then.” The photographer said, lacing her fingers with Eunbi’s.

 

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

 

Eunbi ran her hands down the front of her dress for the nth time as she looked at her reflection in the bathroom mirror. She didn’t know why she felt nervous since she had been on dates with Yerin plenty of times before. Perhaps it was because they went dress shopping? Or maybe because this was a surprise that she had planned for Yerin. Or maybe she was just unknowingly nervous every time she and Yerin were out on a date.

She took a deep breath as she uncapped the lip tint that Yerin had given her and dabbed it onto her lips, smacking them a few times to even out the colour. She looked at herself one last time in the mirror before leaving the bathroom.

“Rinnie, you ready?” She asked, tapping her knuckles on the bedroom door before letting herself in.

“Almost. Just touching up my makeup.” Yerin replied, back facing Eunbi as she looked in the mirror.

“You’re beautiful even without makeup.” Eunbi smiled as she walked closer to Yerin.

“Just to look presentable. And maybe to blow you away as well.” Yerin chuckled before turning around. “How is it?”

Eunbi thought she was going to get a nosebleed. As Yerin turned around, time seemed to slow down. Her hair flipped perfectly over her shoulders as if the girl was filming a shampoo commercial and she looked so radiant, Eunbi thought Yerin had become the sun for a moment. The girl’s light makeup coupled with the white dress seemed to make her natural beauty increase tenfold.

“An angel.” Eunbi muttered under her breath.

“Such an exaggeration, B.” Yerin said and smiled when she noticed the necklace around Eunbi’s neck. Suddenly, an idea popped up in her mind.

“What’s with that smile? Looks like you discovered something miraculous.” Eunbi said as they walked out of the room.

“It’s nothing. I just discovered how beautiful you truly are.” Yerin brushed the girl off as she put her white heels on.

“I hope I don’t fall in these.” Eunbi jested as she clicked her heels against the wooden floor.

“They’re not even that high. Besides, I wouldn’t mind if you fell. You’d just be falling for me, literally.” Yerin teased with a wink. “Kidding.” She added when she saw Eunbi’s glare. “I’ll catch you, don’t worry.”

“That’s more like it.” The younger girl grinned and handed Yerin her black coat. “Ready?”

Yerin nodded and Eunbi opened the door. The latter had insisted on driving since Yerin was going to be a princess for the day. It took them a little longer than expected to get there due to the rush-hour traffic but regardless, they were still on time.

“Ah, welcome. This way please.” A waitress greeted them at the entrance when she recognized Eunbi. She led them over to a table by the window that was slightly separated from the crowd which gave them the privacy they needed.

“Welcome, my lovely ladies.” Sojung chirped as she approached their table. She turned around and gestured to another waiter before turning back to the girls.

“Unnie~” Eunbi sang, looking up at the tall chef cutely.

“Aigoo little dongsaeng~” Sojung cooed back, playing with the younger girl. “I’ve prepared a special menu just for the both of you today. Bet, you’ll like it.”

“Of course, anything whipped up by the great Chef Kim is marvellous.” Yerin grinned at her good friend.

“I’m glad you know.” Sojung smirked. The waiter from before returned with a wine bucket. Sojung gestured for Eunbi to pass her the bottle of wine and placed it in the ice to chill.

“Wow, you’re half lucky. I have a dish that goes well with this Moscato. The other one… Not so much. But not to worry, I’ll deliver it with a matching glass of wine.” Sojung smiled. “If you don’t mind, I’ll go get you your starters.” She said before sauntering off.

“Did you make a special request to play this music?” Yerin asked as she swayed slightly to the calming tune of Mozart’s Air on G string.

“Mmhm. It goes well with the view doesn’t it?” Eunbi smiled as they looked out at the skyline. The lights of the city contrasted the night sky, making the city feel very alive.

“Well, I have a surprise for you as well.” The photographer said as she raised her hand to catch the attention of a passing waiter. He leaned down and she whispered something to him before he walked off.

“What did you say?” Eunbi asked but before Yerin could reply, he had returned with a small bouquet of flowers and presented it to Eunbi.

“A present from your lovely lady.” The waiter said with a smile as Eunbi took the flowers from him. She thanked him, and he bowed before going to attend to another customer.

“Did you really?” Eunbi asked as she looked at the lilac coloured flowers. “What are these?”

“Aster. It represents elegance, patience and daintiness. Love too. Which is why I thought it would be the perfect flower for you.” Yerin smiled. “You’re all of those. Not so much of the dainty part since you’re such a beagle, but at times like this, you are.”

“Thank you… These are really lovely.” Eunbi said softly as she looked up at Yerin.

“Always welcome.”

“Sorry to interrupt you lovebirds but your soup is here. Cream of mushroom and a Consommé Olga. Enjoy.” Sojung smiled as she set the porcelain bowls down on the table.

“Shall we? Let’s share.” Yerin gestured for Eunbi to start. The girl placed the flowers down her and picked up the soup spoon. Yerin started a light conversation, letting the topic flow from work to their friends to their time in school.

It wasn’t long before the Executive Chef came by, this time with their entrees; one grilled filet of salmon in a white wine basil sauce over spinach and mashed potato and another grilled filet steak over garlic mashed potatoes with a red wine jus and creamed spinach. As the night grew deeper, they became more relaxed.

“Have you told your parents that we’re visiting them the next weekend?” Yerin asked, taking a sip of her wine.

“Yeah. Have you?”

“Yep. I wonder what will they say this time.” Yerin chuckled.

“Probably asking when we’re going to get married.” Eunbi joked. Just then, they saw the lanky chef walking towards them.

“Final course of the night; passion fruit tart with candied banana, milk chocolate and ginger sorbet for the both of you to share and feed each other like cheesy couples do.” Sojung said with a wink before darting off to avoid a slap from Eunbi.

“I could feed you.” Yerin teased as she scooped a bite sized portion of cake and raised it towards Eunbi.

“Nah, the princess should be fed instead.” The dancer wagged her finger as she took Yerin’s spoon and turned it around to face the girl. “Ahh…”

Yerin laughed and Eunbi pushed the spoon towards Yerin, making the girl feed herself.

“Sojung is so going to cringe if she sees this.” The older girl chuckled as she savoured the desert.

“She can’t complain though. She would have done the same with Eunha-unnie. I cringe just thinking about it.” Eunbi said, shivering to emphasize her point.

“Oh you…” Yerin chortled. “Shall we walk around Namsan later?”

“Sure. Lock a love lock while we’re at it.” Eunbi giggled.

“I like the sound of that.” Yerin smiled, looking into Eunbi’s bright orbs. She felt herself falling even deeper for the girl.

What a fool I’ve become for you, Yerin thought to herself as she watched Eunbi take another bite of the delicious tart.