Chapter 8

The Next Vongola?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“H-Honey/appa?” Tiffany and her mother asks at he same time.

Taeyeon then goes down on her knees to his level.

“Sir- Mr.- Uncle Hwang, is there anything wrong?” Taeyeon panicky asks.

Mr. Hwang looks up and sees Taeyeon. Her necklace dangling from her neck brings his attention and as his eyes land on the necklace again he accidentally bangs his head on the ground. Now the rest got down with Tiffany’s mother rubbing his back.

“Honey, is there something wrong?” Tiffany’s mother asks.

“You should be bowing to her, she’s part of the Vongola famiglia.” Tiffany’s mother then gulps and goes to the same position as her husband.

Taeyeon and Tiffany can only look at each other. But Taeyeon understood and look back at the parents.

“Listen- “

“Please take care of our daughter, we have raised her well. Her siblings will be notified right away about her transition.” Mr. Hwang (switching to this now…) says fast.

Taeyeon scratches her head and sighs while Tiffany looks at Taeyeon.

“Listen, uncle and aunty Hwang, there isn’t a need to go on your knees for me. I should be the one doing that for you guys for raising an amazing child.” Taeyeon then goes on her knees and brings her head down to the ground.

Now Tiffany was utterly confused.

“Yah, what’s going on?” Tiffany asks.

Her parents get up and pull her down with them.

“Listen honey, the Vongola famiglia is the most respected and sacred mafia in the world. Being part of the 73 policies, they are important for the present timeline.” Mr. Hwang explains.

Tiffany remembered that Reborn had talked about being in the Vongola famiglia, but it didn’t sound that bad until now. She decides to peek and see Taeyeon still on her knees facing her parents. As Taeyeon shifts she immediately goes back to original position. Taeyeon had decided to get up first. She then brings the parents and Tiffany up. As they all get up Mr. Hwang goes running.

“H-Honey, you shouldn’t be running away from an important person right now.” Mrs. Hwang says nervously while smiling at Taeyeon who smiles back.

“Give me a few seconds!” He yells out.

Taeyeon then looks down at her half ring in inspects it.

Pretty bland colours for a famous mafia.

“Here.” Mr. Hwang says breathing in for air.

Taeyeon looks and sees Mr. Hwang had given her a card. She takes and observes the card.

“T-this is my card, if you need any assistance, I will be open anytime, any day.” Taeyeon looks at him and at the card.

She nods and puts it into her pocket.

“Um, now that you mentioned about my ring, your daughter, Liu Amber has a similar ring as I do.” Taeyeon says as she dusts off her knees from a finding dust again.

Mr. Hwang and Mrs. Hwang look at each other and then at Taeyeon. They then bow at her.

“T-thank you for choosing our daughter as your guardian, we trust she will protect you with her life.” Their comment immediately makes Taeyeon frown.

“Uncle, aunty, you should not be saying that.” The pair then straighten up and look at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon puts her right hand on her heart.

“I will be the one protecting your daughters, it will be my duty to watch over them.” Taeyeon says seriously while staring straight at them.

The parent’s lips start to quiver as a sign of relief. While Tiffany looked at Taeyeon astonished from the sudden change of attitude. Taeyeon saw the parent’s reaction and immediately held their shoulders trying to prevent them from crying.

D-did I say something wrong? Oh no.

The parents then hug Taeyeon which surprises her again, but she ultimately hugs them back.

“I wish our daughter had met you earlier.” Mrs. Hwang says.

Taeyeon smiles and sighs in relief. She lightly pats and rubs the parents back.

 

Suddenly Taeyeon looks cool or am I going love struck.

 

 

No way, I think I’m going crazy.

 

 

Right?

 

 

Yes, reply to yourself Tiffany! So?

 

 

Yes?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I didn’t know you were that important.” Tiffany says.

Taeyeon chuckles and shakes her head.

“I didn’t know either.” She leans against her car and looks up at the sky.

“It’s nice tonight.” Tiffany looks up as well and sees that the stars seem more visible.

This also makes Taeyeon look up.

It does look nice tonight.

“I should get going.” Taeyeon says as she brings her head down.

Tiffany also brings her head down after Taeyeon’s comment and looks at her. Taeyeon was rubbing her eye and almost yelling while turning her face to the left.

“Taeyeon.” Tiffany calls her.

Taeyeon turns her head fast to Tiffany and raises her eyebrows.

“Yeah?” Tiffany immediately smiles at her.

Taeyeon chuckles again and lightly pokes Tiffany’s forehead. Tiffany eye become widen from the sudden affection from Taeyeon. But she shows a bigger smile. An imaginary lightbulb then hovers over Taeyeon’s head and she takes out her phone. 

“Could I get your number?” Taeyeon asks.

“Why?” Tiffany asks teasingly.

“So, we could go buy you a dress and a suit for me.” Taeyeon says seriously not knowing that Tiffany was teasing her.

Tiffany was surprised but she giggles it off and nods. She takes Taeyeon’s phone and adds her number. Once she finishes she hands the phone to Taeyeon who puts it away.

“Thanks.” Tiffany nods.

Taeyeon then brings out her keys and unlocks her car. She goes in and starts the car. She brings the window down and see Tiffany smiling again.

“You smile too much.” Taeyeon says with an expressionless face as she puts her left arm out against the door.

Tiffany then smiles brighter for Taeyeon who uses her left hand to lightly pinch Tiffany’s cheek. She lightly pulls it out and lightly chuckles at her.

“Head in before your feet aches from your heels. I’ll text you when I get home alright?”

Tiffany nods as Taeyeon releases her hand and brings it in with her elbow out. Tiffany then moves away as Taeyeon starts to reverse the car. As she reaches to the road, she brings the passenger window down and waves at Tiffany who waves back before driving off.

 

 

[Unknown] 1:35 AM

Hey, it’s Taeyeon, I just got home. This is my number by the way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey Tiffany, I think you should be considerate that Taeyeon will be your partner.” Mr. Hwang says as Tiffany was resting on the couch looking at her phone waiting for Taeyeon’s text.

Tiffany looks at up from her phone to her father.

“Why is that?” Mr. Hwang puts his phone down and looks at her daughter seriously.

“You know that I am a lawyer, right?” Tiffany nods as her mother holds her father’s arm.

“Okay, I am going to tell you the truth and don’t be mad at me.” Tiffany nods again.

“You have no idea how dangerous Appa’s current job is. As a lawyer helping criminal groups is dangerous and scary when a group wants to win. I have been threatened to the point that I was scared once you were born.” Tiffany immediately gasps.

“E-ever since I was b-born?” The parents nod at Tiffany.

Tiffany’s phone buzzes and it was probably Taeyeon, but she ignored it. Her current attention was at her parents. Her father then nods.

“I was moved to Plaintiff side because our office had a lot of Defendant lawyers. Of course, your siblings knew about this and told me not to but, my boss warned forced me to or else I would be fired.” Tiffany frowns.

“I-I don’t get it. Shouldn’t I be threatened or something? I don’t know how it works.”

“Well we are in protected by Varia, I’m sure you heard of them since you’re with Taeyeon a lot.” Tiffany then thinks about what her father said.

She then snaps her finger when she remembers.

“Oh, I think the baby was talking about Varia.” This made her father’s eyes widen.

“B-baby?” He stutters as Tiffany was rubbing her chin.

“Well you could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter