Chapter 14

The Next Vongola?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was exam time and that meant that Taeyeon was no longer training. She had plan and told Reborn that she wanted to focus on her exams. Even though she could ace it without much worry, she wanted to try to get perfect. To be able to have a scholarship would make her feel proud. Being in second year wouldn’t matter much but she wanted to leave high school as soon as possible. But then again, she didn’t know what she wanted to be. She was told to become a doctor from Mr. Eaves because of her memorization skills but she shrugged that off. After all, she felt that she probably wouldn’t be good with handling with organs and the other body parts. It just gave her shivers.

“We’re back~”

Interrupting her thoughts and studying, Yuri and Yoona had returned from the convenience store with snacks. The group was able to get permission from Mr. Eaves to borrow the room to ‘study’. Only Taeyeon took their statement seriously as she had all her textbooks laid out and had furiously writing notes for her to study on.

“Oh, what did you guys buy.” Amber asks.

Not caring one bit on the group, Taeyeon continued writing on her notes and reading it out loud. It was a typical way for Taeyeon to study, she had picked out this type of study habit from a librarian she had met when she was younger. Write and read out the important information. Well, this only worked for some of her subjects while for math, she would often go on the internet in the library and searched up questions similar to her homework and test questions. Imagine the amount of time she had spent at the library when she didn’t need to help her mother or watch her sister.

“B-boss.” Taeyeon looks up and see Yuri hand her a box with fruits.

“S-sorry, I kept calling you, but you didn’t answer me, so I had to call you that. Here, Reborn said that you shouldn’t be eating anything unhealthily so Yoona and I got you fruits instead. If you’re really hungry we have some kimbap too.” Taeyeon nods and accepts the fruit box.

“Thanks.” She mumbles.

She sets down the box and goes back to studying. Everyone can only look at her in awe.

“No matter how loud we are she isn’t distracted one bit by us.” Sooyoung mentions.

“Considering she has a little sister, I think she is used to loud noise if I’m being honest.” Tiffany says as she eats a bag of chips in front of Taeyeon.

Everyone can only look at Tiffany and shake their heads. It had seemed that Taeyeon’s hardworking manner kind of made Tiffany’s heart flutter. Just seeing her work hard made everyone want to do the same. Her efforts just make Tiffany sigh as she can look at Taeyeon.

“And you call me clueless? You have the official definition right in front of you.” Seulgi says to Irene who can only roll her eyes.

 

 

 

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany asks.

“Yeah?” Taeyeon answers back who has now moved onto studying math.

“Can you help me with this question? I don’t know what to do after this step.” Furrowing her eyebrows, Taeyeon gets up and goes over to Tiffany. She sits beside her.

“Alright, show me where.” Tiffany points at the question. This makes Taeyeon scoot closer and look at her notebook.

Tiffany silently squeals as their arms had touched each other. She looks at Taeyeon who was explaining her what she did wrong, but her words just went right into her ear and out.

“Got it?” Taeyeon reassures.

“Not really, could you do an example with me?” Taeyeon nods and gets up.

“Come to the board. I think it would be better to do it there.” Tiffany excitedly nods.

They walk up to the board as Taeyeon rolls out the whiteboard and writes down the question. She answers the question step by step turning beside to Tiffany who was looking straight at her.

“So, when you apply this formula, you can quickly get your answer. No need for long equations, there is a reason why the formula was made.” Tiffany now looks at the board and ponders nodding at Taeyeon.

“I think I got it now. Thank you, Tae.” Tiffany shows her brightest smile to Taeyeon. This makes Amber in the back of the room playfully barf at her sister. That earns her a hit on the head.

“No problem, your making good progress Tiffany. Keep up the good work.” Taeyeon shows a small smile and pats Tiffany’s head.

Tiffany giggles and nods at Taeyeon. They both go back to their seats and continue studying. Well to be honest, Tiffany had all her unanswered questions answered by Taeyeon so therefore she didn’t worry as much about studying. Taeyeon’s step by step wasn’t as hard to understand than Mr. Eave’s. Both teacher and student had the same teaching abilities but because it was Taeyeon, Tiffany was able to pay attention more.

 

 

“Babe, you’re not studying?” Jessica who was reading over Taeyeon’s old notes asks Yuri.

“Nah, these stuffs are way too easy. No need study when their all in here already.” Yuri finishes pointing at her head. Jessica nods approvingly.

“Photographic memory, that’s what she has.” Yoona says.

“It’s common for us Kwon’s to have it. You got to be super unlucky to not have it.” Yuri says as she smirks at Jessica. Jessica raises her eyebrows and looks at Yuri questionably.

Sitting next to each other, Yuri was able to feel and see Jessica like a wild ert. Now knowing the reason behind Yuri’s expression, Jessica rolls her eyes and pushes Yuri’s face away concentrating back to her notes.

“Yah, stupid ert!”

The couple’s attention was at Krystal who was trying to push Amber away which wasn’t working because she wasn’t moving a bit.

“What? Me, a stupid ert? I didn’t even touch you.” Amber says as she smirks holding onto Krystal’s seat with her foot.

“Yah, let go of my seat. I want to do well on the exams unlike you.” Amber ponders forward and let go of Krystal’s seat.

Krystal sighs in relief and goes back to studying. After a while Amber pulls back and takes out her basketball and spins it against her finger boringly. Previously gotten in trouble for practicing her boxing, another way she could distract herself is with her basketball.

 

“Seulgi.” Irene warns.

It wasn’t the first time Irene had caught Seulgi zoning out. Worrying about Seulgi’s grades, Irene felt like she needed Seulgi to do her best.

“Hm, did something happen?” Seulgi shakes her head looking around before her eyes land at Irene with her right eyebrow raised.

Irene then brings her hands hand hold’s Seulgi’s face.

“Bear, please study. Unlike Amber who has boxing behind her back and not worry about her grades due to her performance for the school, your different. The school only cares about sports and not your art skills. Please study for me, hm?” Irene says now looking worryingly at Seulgi.

Seulgi opens but closes it looking down pouting.

“I am but, it’s so hard to concentrate.” Seulgi complains.

Irene then let’s go of her face as an idea pops out her head.

“How about this, try drawing out what you need to memorize and then writing out creatively what you need to remember? Just make sure to organize your books properly so you can study.” Seulgi ponders before she slowly nods.

“I guess, but I don’t know if it will work.”

“You won’t know until you try! Try it, if it doesn’t work then try drawing me in it!” Seulgi immediately nods and grabs out her sketchbooks.

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s with the sudden atmosphere. It feels disgusting.” Sooyoung says as she was previously studying before the weird feeling she was having.

“No kidding.” Yoona says as she stops coding on her computer.

“I feel like I might barf.” Moonbyul says.

“Oh, you finally talked!” Yoona points out. Moonbyul can only chuckle, smiling and nod at Yoona.

The three looks at each other before laughing out loud. While their companions, well, they were looking at each other and shaking their heads the three.

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter