When I'm with you, I feel safe [5]

You make my heart smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri and Tiffany were sitting across each other. They were in hospital cafe. Tiffany watched as Yuri kept knitting his brows and had not uttered any word since. His eyes lowered and his fingers trace circle on the coffee cup. 

 

Tiffany sighed. She had enough with the silence. 

 

"Yul" 

 

No response from the latter. 

 

"Yuri" 

 

Still no response. 

 

"Kwon Yuri!" 

 

"Oh? Fany" 

 

"What happened to you? Are you going to keep quiet like this?" 

 

Yuri slumped his shoulders as he sighed. "I don't know Fany-ah. I don't know which one I should believe" 

 

"Believe on what? The fact that Jessica is the real drug dealer or the fact that she is pregnant your child?" 

 

He looked at Tiffany's eyes for seconds before avoiding it again. 

 

"Both" 

 

Truth to be told, Tiffany also surprised with the news. She didn't know why but when she knew Jessica was pregnant, she felt empty and felt like crying, knowing that it was Yuri's child and she was going to loss Yuri to Jessica. 

 

She stared at Yuri with sad eyes and when Yuri lifted his head, she abruptly looked at somewhere else. She knew Yuri could read expression, especially her. When Yuri caught her, she might not able to excuse herself. 

 

"Fany" 

 

"Em?"

 

"Can I tell you what I actually feel?" 

 

"What is it?" 

 

Yuri looked at her with unreadable expression. 

 

"I'm confused" 

 

"Confused about what?" 

 

"All of this. Jessica, my job, us"

 

Tiffany could ignore Jessica and the job, what caught her attention was the word 'us'.

 

"What about.. us?" 

 

Yuri sighed as he leaned infront. "You know, I don't want to loss you. You are my bestfriend since we were young. I don't want because of this issues we are going to separate on our own way" 

 

"Why did you say that?" 

 

All of sudden, Yuri felt into silence as he stared straight at Tiffany making her gulped in nervousness. 

 

"I know, that you love me"

 

Tiffany laughed awkwardly after Yuri said that. 

 

"What are you talking about?" 

 

"Fany" Yuri reached for her hand. 

 

"Don't you love me?" 

 

Her lips were moving but words couldn't come out. 

 

"For almost 16 years of friendship, don't you have even a little love for me?" 

 

Tiffany was flustered. She thought Yuri was going to force her on telling him about her real feelings which she couldn't because she had Taeyeon now and she was happy. Feelings she had stored for Yuri years ago were slowly faded but still there.

 

"Of course Yuri-ah. I love you, so much. You're my besfriend and will always be" She smiled. 

 

Yuri returned the smile. "I know you do. And I hope, this issues won't make you leave me. You know I'm not the type who will abandon Jessica for what I have already done" 

 

"I know you won't Yul. You will take full responsibility of what happened to Jessica. After all... she is carrying your child" 

 

Yuri retreated his hand from Tiffany. "I hope so" 

 

"You hope so?" 

 

"Nothing. I feel better now. Thank you for listening to my nonsense" 

 

Tiffany eyesmiled. "No problem Yul. As your bestfriend I need to be here when you need me"

 

"Yul!"

 

Both turned their head to the source of voice and saw Taeyeon was running toward their direction. 

 

Yuri frowned. 

 

The moment Taeyeon arrived at the table he was already breathless. 

 

"Yul, Jessica.. she is missing" 

 

"What?" Yuri abruptly stood up and without waiting for Taeyeon to continue speaking, he already sprinted to Jessica's room. 

 

"Tae, what happened?" Tiffany asked. 

 

"I don't know. She is not there after I came out from toilet"

 

Tiffany didn't seem to talk so Taeyeon continued. "We should go with Yuri now" 

 

"Yes, lets go" 

 

 

____

 

As soon as Yuri came into the room, he called for Jessica and saw she wasn't on her bed. He checked the bathroom but no one was there. 

 

Yuri felt like cursing. He had no idea where Jessica was going. Too many possibilities inside his head. What if she ran away? What if she couldn't accept she was pregnant? What if...

 

"Did you find her?" Tiffany who came first before Taeyeon, asked. 

 

Yuri shook his head while massaging the bridge of his nose. 

 

"Where is she going?" Tiffany asked no one in particular. 

 

"So what are you going to do now, Yul?" 

 

"We are going there. Now" 

 

He was about to walk out when Taeyeon gripped his arm. 

 

"What do you mean? Don't tell me.." 

 

Just by the stare from Yuri, Taeyeon could tell what was inside his head. 

 

"I'm not going to allow you"

 

"I don't need your approval" 

 

"Yul, you are thinking straight. This is not what we've planned. We-" 

 

"So could you think another idea? She could be there Taeng. They must be taken her!" 

 

"No! They are not" 

 

"How do you know?!" 

 

Taeyeon purposedly delayed the answer as he hoped Yuri would remember but seemed he didn't, might be because all he could think was Jessica. 

 

"We've sent our team, remember? I just got an info, they didn't see anyone got out or in to the place" 

 

"I don't believe it, until I see it with my own eyes that Jessica is not there" Yuri said with his determined eyes were looking straight at Taeyeon's. 

 

Taeyeon could see how Yuri tried to tell him that he worried about Jessica. But eventhough he was that worried, it was risky to just go to drug syndicate hideout without any back up. 

 

Taeyeon closed his eyes. He slowly tempted by Yu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter