When I'm with you, I feel safe [4]

You make my heart smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Somehow, Yuri hoped they were getting another mission or their team leader would assign this drug syndicate case to other agents. 

 

But to think about it, he couldn't see Jessica anymore if that was the situation. He wouldn't able to protect her as he wished he could. 

 

At the moment, he was eyeing the tv screen that showed nothing other than a black screen. He spaced out for almost an hour causing the earlier hot coffee became cold without being touched. 

 

"Her brother wants her back doing the job. I told you, my instinct is always right. I bet the job is as a dealer" - Taeyeon. 

 

"Aish! I don't know!" Yuri ruffled his hair in frustration. 

 

"What did you don't know?" 

 

The voice startled him. It was Jessica. 

 

"N-Nothing.."

 

Without hesitated, Jessica filled the empty seat next to Yuri while he looked at her with puzzled look. She did it like they were very closed or something. 

 

He was still staring at her. For moment, he felt mesmerized by her look, her face was glowing, her eyes were shining and he could smell the strong shampoo scent of her hair. 

 

"You're falling in love" - Taeyeon. 

 

That words popped into his head all of sudden. He shook his head. 

 

"Why?" 

 

"N-Nae?" 

 

"Why did you shake your head?" 

 

"N-nothing" 

 

Then they turned into silence with only their sound of breathing could be heard. 

 

Jessica glanced once at Yuri before speaking. 

 

"That.. I have something to ask" 

 

"What is it?" 

 

"I've stayed here for 3 days already but you're always home. Don't you go for work?" 

 

Yuri took few seconds to answer. 

 

"Well, I have work, of course. But I just stay at home" 

 

"You do your work from home?" 

 

"You could say that" 

 

"I see" Jessica nodded in acknowledging, meanwhile Yuri was mentally asking for why did she ask. 

 

It wasn't like he didn't go for work but he currently monitored Jessica which unfortunately he got nothing yet. 

 

"Sica" 

 

She turned to Yuri almost immediately. 

 

"Sica?" 

 

"Yes. Jessica is quiet long for me to pronounce" Yuri grinned. "It is okay right if I call you Sica?" 

 

"Thats fine" She smiled. 

 

"Erm, before this.. have you worked, somewhere?" 

 

"Why? Did you expect me to pay you for living here?" 

 

"No! Thats not what I mean. I was just asking, but if you feel uncomfortable to talk about it then-"

 

"Yuri-ah" 

 

"Oh?" Yuri felt butterflies inside his stomach when Jessica said his name sweetly. 

 

"Can I trust you?" 

 

"A-About what?" 

 

"I believe you already know I'm not 17" 

 

"That.." 

 

"I want to trust you, so I can tell what actually happened to my life" 

 

He felt nervous and occasionally fixed his seating position. 

 

"I know what you were doing. You asked Hani about me, right?" 

 

"How.. How do you.." 

 

"It may sound scary, but I've been observed you for the past 5 months. I always saw you in that club with Taeyeon. And remembered when you picked me up at the club?" 

 

Yuri nodded. Jessica was different from what he knew about her. 

 

"Actually, we planned it. Oh, maybe not we, but I planned it. I asked Hani to text you to come and pick me and it turned out, I'm here now with you" 

 

"Wait, you planned this just to get to me?" 

 

"Yes" 

 

"So what is actually your relationship with Hani?" Yuri began to frown. 

 

Jessica let out sigh as she seemed to put some words. 

 

"Yuri-shi, I need your help" 

 

"N-Nae?" 

 

"I know this sound absurb but I really need help. They want me" 

 

"I.. I don't understand. Who are they? Why they want you?" 

 

It was hard for Jessica to say but she desperatedly needed some help from someone and that someone was Yuri. 

 

"They don't actually want me, they want my brother. He ran away because he had million of debt from them. They told me to work for them in order to pay the debt since they couldn't find him. And now I'm running away. I changed my identity, my hair color in hoping they won't able to find me. I don't want to work for them anymore! It tortured me!" Jessica's lips shivered as she spoke. 

 

"Who are they?" 

 

She lifted her head to look at Yuri's eyes. "They are drug suppliers around the neighborhood which also mean, I'm the dealer in the club. You need to help me, Yuri"

 

Yuri was silence. Jessica watched as Yuri's lips was moving as if he wanted to say something but couldn't as he was still stunned with the revelation. 

 

So Taeyeon was right all this time, Jessica was the dealer. 

 

"Why do I have to help you? I'm no one-"

 

"I know who you are. Stop pretending" 

 

"Pretending of what? I'm not pretending, why do I need to pretend?" Yuri chuckled awlwardly. 

 

"Agent Kwon Yuri, the top employee for 2 consecutive years. Had good records for every missions. Last year, he got his first shot for trying to catch an american serial killer but managed to get it solved" 

 

Yuri widened her eyes at Jessica. 

 

"I've studied about you. Are they not enough to convince you?" 

 

"Em.. I..."

 

He couldn't finish his words when Jessica suddenly reached for his hand and intertwined it with hers. Yuri felt a spark running through his body. 

 

The feeling was extraordinary and somehow he loved it but there were times when he hated it, especially right now. They were in serious situation and didn't have time for romantic feelings. 

 

"One of the reasons I approched you is because I need your help. You can help me, right?" Jessica as if pleaded with her eyes. 

 

However, Yuri couldn't make this decision alone. He had partner in this misson and the partner was Taeyeon. He atleast needed to discuss with him. 

 

After took him few minutes to think, he finally came for an answer and would tell Taeyeon about it later when they met. 

 

"Yes, I will help you" 

 

Jessica smiled as her hand tightened on Yuri's hand. 

 

"Thank you so much" 

 

He didn't know what to do when he saw tears on Jessica's cheek. He was panicked and in dilemma whether he should wiped the tears or just stayed still.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter