When I'm with you, I feel safe [3]

You make my heart smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm curious about something" Hani said.

 

She was sitting next to Yuri who was busy gulping on his drink. They had talked for an hour already since Taeyeon asked for it, yet he didn't get anything. 

 

"About what?"

 

"Who is Jessica to you?"

 

"Jessica?" 

 

"Hm-mm. The night I called you to pick her up, you said you guys are not dating. So I'm curious who is she to you?" 

 

Actually, Yuri didn't except that question nor he thought they would talk about Jessica, though all the time he was thinking about her. Yuri couldn't help to wonder about Jessica, what she was doing at the moment and had she eaten her dinner yet.

 

He couldn't tell if she involved in any of the syndicate but if Taeyeon felt suspicious about her then she might be something. 

 

"She is a friend" 

 

"Just a friend?" 

 

"Yeah" Yuri chuckled. "I told you that we are friends right?"

 

Hani nodded slowly. "Okay. I believe you" 

 

Yuri just smiled. He looked around to search for Taeyeon but the short man had nowhere to be found. Hani noticed.

 

"Are you searching for someone?" 

 

"Oh? Yeah, my friend. He was here. Where could he be?" 

 

Hani had looked for Taeyeon too but she saw no glimpse of the short man. 

 

"I don't see him too. Maybe he's going somewhere. No worries, he is a big boy" 

 

Yuri just smiled. 

 

"Where are you midget? Don't tell me you already went home without me" Yuri mentally cursed Taeyeon.

 

To think about it, he was with Hani at the moment so why not asked about Jessica since she brought the topic. She wouldn't suspect anything right? 

 

"Er Hani" 

 

"Yes?" Hani's face was too closed for his liking. 

 

"Since when do you know Jessica?" 

 

"Me know Jessica?" 

 

Yuri nodded, eagerly waiting for the answer. He was hoping he could get something.

 

"Not long ago. She came to me first and after that we become friends" said Hani. 

 

Yuri frowned. "She came to you?"

 

"Yeah. It wasn't a weird thing when people approached me first" Hani chuckled. 

 

Yuri nodded in acknowledging. "Do you guys hang out here often? Don't get me wrong, but me and my bestfriend came here often like almost everyday but never I've seen you before" 

 

Hani suddenly let out a chuckle. A nervous one Yuri could describe. 

 

"I only come here whenever I'm stress, not that often, but yeah every 2-3 times a week" 

 

Yuri watched as Hani scratched her neck. 

 

"You know what, enough with me and Jessica. How about you? What you and your friend come here for?"

 

"Oh, just to have some fun after hectic day at work" 

 

Hani nodded slowly. "Erm, I think I need to go. I just remember I forgot to give my puppy eat. Bye Yuri. See you soon" 

 

With that, Hani walked away from Yuri and he couldn't help to notice the sudden weird behavior from the girl. As if she was bothered by his question. 

 

He was still eyeing the direction Hani went to as felt he didn't get that much information from her about Jessica. 

 

"So how was she?" 

 

Yuri jolted up a bit from his seat by the sudden hand on his shoulder and almost lifted his own hand to hit the culprit. 

 

"Yah! You startled me! Where were you?" 

 

Taeyeon rolled his eyes. "I was in the washroom" 

 

"For an hour?!" Yuri shouted, he was mad to Taeyeon actually. 

 

"Don't have to shout! I'm just next to you. Yes! I left you to have alone time with her. So what did you get?" 

 

"Nothing" 

 

"Nothing?! Yah, you talked with her for almost 2 hours yet you get nothing?" 

 

"Yes, nothing. Taeng, I don't think she is the dealer, but" He paused, making Taeyeon felt impatient. 

 

"She was weird when I asked her about Jessica" 

 

Taeyeon was thinking. "Are they close?" 

 

Yuri shrugged. According to Hani, they just met in this club so obviously they were friend only when they were clubbing. 

 

"I suspect Jessica then" 

 

Hearing those, Yuri immediately turned to Taeyeon with wide eyes. "What?!"

 

"I said I suspect Jessica" 

 

"Why her?" 

 

"Because I said so" 

 

They were just staring at each other as Yuri demanded for further explanation. 

 

Taeyeon looked around before dragging the tanned man to the corner where people wouldn't listen to their conversation. 

 

"Okay look, I can't help but to think about this since I learned that Jessica is 17 but we met her here months ago. Moreover, when Tiffany told me someone is chasing on her which I assume it may be related to the drug syndicate. She was a drug dealer but she quited and changed her identity, so they are chasing for her. I heard from other people too that they didn't get the supply since 2 months ago" 

 

Yuri tried to process everything, he was speechless. His mouth gapped. 2 months ago was when Jessica stopped texting him.

 

"Did the people tell you the name of the dealer?" 

 

"Yah, if that would that easy for them to say the name we are not here for months. Of course it was a deal they made to not spilling the dealer's name or even face to anyone" 

 

If Taeyeon was right, Jessica was a drug dealer and attempted to quit, no doubt he had to help her. 

 

"But, it is just my assumption. I got no proof to it. I have no proof that Jessica was really the drug dealer"

 

After felt like years when it was only a minute, Yuri spoke. "Maybe Hani can help" 

 

"Hani, yes. Now you said her name" 

 

"Why?" 

 

"I had talked with this one girl, telling that Hani.." Taeyeon trailed off. 

 

"What?!" Yuri became impatient. 

 

"Hani is the permanent customer"

 

"Permanent customer? To who? To the drug dealer?" 

 

"Yes. Which is Jessica I guess. Maybe thats how they know each other" 

 

Yuri massaged the bridge of his nose, he had headache all of sudden. 

 

"So what are we going to do now?" 

 

"We will start with Jessica" 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

Yuri got back home in the morning. He lazily moved his feet inside the apartment and walked toward the living room before throwing his body on to the couch. 

 

"Where did you sleep lastnight?" 

 

"Oh, you scared me!" 

 

Yuri looked at the source of the voice and his eyes widened. 

 

"J-Jessica, w-what are you doing here? And.. and how did you come into my house?" 

 

Jessica approached Yuri with a tray that had bowl on it and sat next to Yuri. He looked at her confusedly. 

 

"I'm here to see you. Oh! I cooked a sausage soup for you. Lets eat?" She said like nothing actually happened. 

 

"S-Sausage...? You didn't answer my question, h-how did you come in?" 

 

"Oh that, Tiffany-shi let me in" Jessica answered casually. 

 

"Tiffany? How did she-"

 

"But.." Jessica cut him. She leaned forward a bit making Yuri back away. 

 

"How come Tiffany knows passcode to your house? Is she always come here to see you?" 

 

Yuri was lost in words for a moment. "Why do you want to know?" 

 

"No, it is just that, I don't think you're the type who will bring random woman in your house right?" 

 

"Bwo? Tiffany is not a random woman"

 

"I know. She is your bestfriend. But why do you give her your house passcode but not me?" 

 

Yuri's brows almost touched each other. Jessica was weird and he didn't know what she ate as her breakfast to act like that. 

 

"Forget it. I was just asking. Go eat" Jessica pointed at the soup. 

 

Yuri just nodded before reached for the bowl and started to dig in. He couldn't lie the soup tasted good. 

 

"But, how about just let me sleep here with you?" 

 

Yuri coughed and spilled the soup all over his shirt, indeed shocked with Jessica's request. 

 

"Omo, are you okay?" Jessica inspected Yuri's shirt. 

 

"W-What did you say?" 

 

Jessica sighed. "I was bored in that apartment alone. I have no one to talk to. Atleast if I stay here, I have you and at the same time I can take care of you" 

 

She looked cheerful and confident, not like someone who used to be a drug dealer to Yuri. Or did she just pretend to be happy?

 

"It's okay, I can take care of myself" Yuri politely declined and got back to look at his shirt who already wet because of the soup. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter