8.

Blind

Hakyeon held Taekwoon's right elbow and found the scar that he was looking for. Memories of that day came flooding back like a terrible tsunami. Was this why Taekwoon was treating him so well?

"Y-You know w-who I am, don't you?", Hakyeon asked, fearing for his life.

He had caused a scar on the prince so of course he had every right to be afraid. Anyone who has ever tried hurting royalty were punished to death and Hakyeon knew this well enough. He felt his stomach drop and slowly inched away from Taekwoon.

"You finally remember?", Taekwoon asked as he followed Hakyeon.

Hakyeon was fully on his two feet, trying to run away from Taekwoon, but he was pinned down onto the bed. His heart pounded like crazy and he felt breathless under Taekwoon.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you, I swear! Don't k-kill me please... I'll do a-anything for y-you- I'm sorry-"

Taekwoon shushed him with his finger. "Who ever said I wanted you dead?"

Hakyeon frowned at him.

"If anything, I you alive and health. I told you I wanted to help you, didn't I?" Taekwoon continued speaking.

He brushed a few strands away from Hakyeon's hair. The tanned male shook his head vigorously and felt fresh, hot tears forming in the corners if eyes again. What kind of wicked game was Taekwoon playing? Hakyeon couldn't comprehend.

"I'm a , don't you get it?", he cried.

"No I don't. Maybe it's because I'm blinded by love," Taekwoon raised his voice a little.

Before Hakyeon could say anything, he felt a warm sensation on his lips. He was taken aback as Taekwoon cupped his face gently and kissed him slowly. It wasn't like the kisses those disgusting owners had ever given to Hakyeon. Those were sloppy and lustful. This kiss was soft, careful and passionate and unlike anything Hakyeon had ever felt before.

Trusting Taekwoon, Hakyeon moved his lips against the prince's soft ones. His heart was in his mouth but he felt... happy? The sharp-eyed male was the first to break off the kiss and he panted, slightly out of breath. He then directed Hakyeon's hand to his chest.

"Look how crazy my heart gets whenever I'm around you. Hakyeon-ah, I'm not the king, I'm not your previous owners. I'm Jung Taekwoon and I think ...I'm in love with you."

Hakyeon took a moment before sighing deeply. He mustered the courage to look at Leo in the eye. All Hakyeon could register was how Taekwoon looked so serious yet gentle and caring simultaneously. Hakyeon also noticed how his cheeks were turning slightly pink. The male decided it was time to fully trust Taekwoon, after all, the prince had done nothing but save him countless of times... And even confessed to him.

"I... I'll believe you Leo. Also, t-the kiss w-was nice," Hakyeon admitted shyly, covering his face as he felt himself blush.

Taekwoon smiled and removed his hands away, planting a small kiss on Hakyeon's little nose. He was happy upon hearing Hakyeon's comment. Taekwoon helped Hakyeon up and gave him one loving hug.

<A few weeks later>

"How did you know I was in trouble back then?", Hakyeon asked while they were in the car.

"The king doesn't want me to rule the district, for all I know. He wouldn't want me to leave the castle unless he was up to something," Taekwoon replied and cursed under his breath.

Jaehwan was driving in the front seat while Taekwoon and Hakyeon sat behind him. Taekwoon looked at Hakyeon who was admiring the scenery from the window. A smile appeared on his face as he intertwined his hands with Hakyeon. The boy faced Taekwoon and smiled, a blush forming on his cheeks. Jaehwan had seen the cute gesture and smirked.

"Hakyeon, I've never seen Leo's eyes sparkle like that. I mean, except when he's with children and animals. Oh! Leo even told me-"

"That's enough Lee Jaehwan! Oh look, we're here, let's get out," Taekwoon immediately cut his butler off and pulled Hakyeon out of the car.

Jaehwan pouted and exited the car, before leaving the two of them together. Hakyeon's hand was locked around Taekwoon's arm as they approached the small building. As soon as they entered, a cute little chubby boy ran towards Taekwoon.

"Leo-hyung! Leo-hyung is here guys!", the little boy shouted.

Taekwoon laughed and scooped the boy in his arms and tickled him. Hakyeon smiled at how cute Taekwoon was and noticed other children running towards them. Hakyeon smiled sweetly as Taekwoon introduced them to his boyfriend.

"Wah! Leo-hyung has a boyfriend! Does that mean you love him?", the little boy in his arms asked.

Taekwoon chuckled and nodded his head. Hakyeon bit his lip, contented with that response. After a while, another person appeared and called for the kids to have their afternoon snacks in the kitchen. They ran behind quickly and cheerfully, leaving three people in the room.

"Hakyeon, this is Hyuk. He's one of the few who help with the orphanage," Taekwoon explained.

Hakyeon greeted him and Hyuk gave Hakyeon a funny look. The tan male suddenly felt self conscious. Why was Hyuk staring at him like that? Did he know about his shameful past? Or was there something on his face?

"So you're the one Leo-hyung wouldn't shut up about. He's been attacking me for weeks about-"

Taekwoon slapped the younger's shoulder and glared at him. Hakyeon found it weird but decided to brush it off. What was Hyuk about to tell him? Hyuk laughed but didn't say anything.

It was a fun afternoon with the kids and Hakyeon was beginning to see a different side of Taekwoon. He was beginning to see how playful the prince could be and how he seemed to be slightly different in a good way. When it was time to leave, Taekwoon patiently tucked the kids to sleep for their afternoon nap before leaving.

They got into the car and this time, Taekwoon drove them back because Jaehwan apparently had something on. The ride home was pretty silent until Hakyeon spoke.

"You were really cute today, with those kids. You... You'd make a great father."

Hakyeon looked away in embarrassment as he heard Taekwoon silently chuckle.

"What is that going to make you, the mother? If we're having children, I'm the Appa, you're the Eomma," Taekwoon stated as he steered the steering wheel.

"Aniyo!", Hakyeon exclaimed, "I want to be Appa! You can be the mother."

Taekwoon laughed even harder and parked the car carefully. Without warning, he pulled Hakyeon's collar and kissed him fully on the lips, tasting the sweet taste of banana milk that Hakyeon had earlier on.

"I'll take it that we are going to have kids then?", Taekwoon asked when he pulled away.

Hakyeon became a stuttering mess because of Taekwoon's question. Was he supposed to reply and say yes?!

"I-I mean, that is, if you even want me. I'll be a bad parent right? What am I even saying...?", Hakyeon rambled on and slowly stopped talking.

The prince came out of the car and helped Hakyeon out too. On the way to their bedroom, Taekwoon said," You'll be a great parent and I wouldn't think of anyone besides you to grow old and raise children with."

Hakyeon opened his mouth but said nothing. Was Taekwoon serious about this? He seemed like it.

"Well, if that's so then... Maybe we will have kids," Hakyeon replied, hugging Taekwoon as he placed his head in the crook of the prince's neck.





 

Filler chapter af... There's gonna be a story plot in the subsequent chapters though. I mean, Taek's mum is alive 😈