5.

Blind

Hakyeon was the first to wake up in the morning. Although his mind was groggy, he knew very well that he was extremely close to Taekwoon. Hakyeon decided to look closely at the man beside him. Had he seen him before? Taekwoon look and felt very familiar but Hakyeon couldn't be sure. Unconsciously, he smiled and breathed in Taekwoon's scent. He felt safe and protected for once and decided that maybe Taekwoon was really unlike his previous owners. Hakyeon was going to reach out for Taekwoon's hand when the latter spoke out of the blue.

"Good morning to you too."

Hakyeon jumped and looked down, staring at their legs that were intertwined. He shuffled his legs, trying to let go of Taekwoon's hold. The action made Taekwoon laugh softly and he ran his fingers through Hakyeon's soft hair. The prince thought to himself before deciding that he should show Hakyeon around the castle today, especially since the king had not returned yet.

"Go wash up and get ready, I want to show you around the palace today. We'll have breakfast with Jaehwan first, does that sound okay?", Taekwoon asked.

Hakyeon flashed a smile and nodded his head like a four year old. Taekwoon swore he felt his heart stop for a moment because he was sure he had never seen someone with such a precious smile before. He pinched Hakyeon's cheeks and got out of bed, stretching.

"... You should smile more often. It suits you, Hakyeon," Taekwoon decided to compliment Hakyeon, leaving the other male flushed.

When both of them were ready, Taekwoon led Hakyeon to the dining area where Jaehwan was already waiting. The butler greeted them cheerfully and requested for the Mais to bring out their breakfast.

"I love it when my Father isn't here sometimes. It means Jaehwan can join us on the table for meals," Taekwoon smiled at his Friend.

"I'm glad too. So, Hakyeon-Hyung, had a good night's rest? You look so much better this morning," Jaehwan asked as he poured himself a glass of orange juice.

Hakyeon blushed as he remembered how close he was to Taekwoon earlier on. He simply nodded and sipped the glass of juice Taekwoon had handed him. When was the last time he'd tasted any other drink than water? Hakyeon drank it almost too quickly, choking himself. Taekwoon patted Hakyeon's back.

"Slow down, you can have all the orange juice you want in the future okay? Now, eat well," Taekwoon said as he placed Hakyeon's breakfast plate in front of him.

Hakyeon gulped and bit the insides of his cheeks. Was it okay to eat with them on the table? Maybe he should sit in the floor. Jaehwan looked up and saw the look on Hakyeon's face and knew exactly what he was thinking.

"Eat with us on the table. You're no longer what you used to be. That's in the past, Hakyeon-Hyung," Jaehwan reassured him.

Taekwoon nodded and held Hakyeon's hand under the table, drawing circles on the back of his hand. Hakyeon smiled at the contact, no longer feeling shocked or afraid of Taekwoon's touch. It was something Hakyeon felt comforting, to say the very least. Cautiously, he picked up his fork and took a bite. Hakyeon slowly started eating and it made Taekwoon happy. Very happy.

"Okay, I have something to attend to. See you around Leo and Hakyeon!", Jaehwan said as he left.

Taekwoon waved goodbye and waited for Hakyeon to finish his last bit. Once done, Hakyeon turned to Taekwoon and nodded once.

"Thank you L-Leo, I haven't felt this full in a long while," Hakyeon admitted and smiled at Taekwoon.

Taekwoon felt his face becoming hot and struggled to keep calm. He could get used to seeing Hakyeon smiling like that. This was progress from yesterday and Taekwoon felt a little relieved.

He stood up. "Okay, let me show you around? Let's start with the first level."

With that, they spent their time together. It was like a leisurely stroll along the corridors of the grand palace and Hakyeon was amazed at almost everything. Which Taekwoon fall for him even more. Yes, the prince had feelings for Hakyeon ever since a few months ago. Taekwoon wanted Hakyeon to return the feelings, but he decided to do it slowly because he knew Hakyeon was a very fragile person.

"Leo? L-Leo??"

Taekwoon snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Hakyeon. He cleared his throat and wrapped his arm around Hakyeon's smaller frame.

"This room was my mum's recreational room. She loved all forms of art, especially music. When she left us, my Father threw away her things because he couldn't stand it," Taekwoon said bitterly as he looked around the room.

All that stood there in the middle of the room was a grand piano with beautiful golden and silver carvings at the edges. Hakyeon mumbled," ...L-Left?"

Tears threatened Taekwoon's eyes as he replied Hakyeon with an emotionless smile. "An accident when I was only seven. I miss her so much Hakyeon-ah."

Without thinking, Hakyeon hugged Taekwoon tightly as the prince started sobbing uncontrollably. Hakyeon wasn't sure if it was much help but continued patting Taekwoon's back. The prince then pulled away when his sniffing quietened down.

"Thanks Hakyeon. Come, I'll play you a song."

Hakyeon followed Taekwoon and sat beside him. The prince started playing the keys and Hakyeon's eyes sparkled at the sight of Taekwoon's fingers working their magic. Not only that, Hakyeon was entranced by Taekwoon's singing. It sounded amazing, the way his voice was capable of reaching octaves higher than his usual tone.

"Can you read this music sheet?"

Hakyeon nodded to answer Taekwoon's question.

"Well, try singing with me then. Starting from here," Taekwoon said as he pointed to the pre chorus.

His fingers started moving as he tried harmonising with Hakyeon. Taekwoon was surprised how soft Hakyeon's voice was. His voice was different from his usual high, raspy and powerful voice. Hakyeon's, however, was silk-like and smooth.

"Your voice is amazing," Hakyeon blurted out after the song had finished.

Taekwoon smiled at the compliment. "Yours too."

"I prefer to dance though... My voice isn't very unique," Hakyeon stated.

Taekwoon pinched Hakyeon's cheeks, saying, " Yes it's good, don't doubt yourself."

Taekwoon thought about it for a while and decided to hold up his pinkie finger to Hakyeon. The other male looked at Taekwoon puzzledly. "I promise you, one day, we'll attend a ball together. That way, you can dance while having fun, sounds good?"

Hakyeon hooked Taekwoon's pinkie with his own and nodded. "Sounds amazing."