18.

Blind

Taekwoon was staring wide-eyed at the ceiling above him. No matter how hard he had tried, there was just no way he felt like sleeping. The persistent beeping of the machines beside him didn't exactly make it any better. It had been about a month since the incident and Taekwoon felt good enough to be discharged, but of course Hakyeon didn't let him. Hakyeon wanted to make sure Taekwoon was really better and told him to stay in the hospital for a while more.

Taekwoon sighed and rolled to his left. The sheets were cold and he yearned for Hakyeon's warmth. The prince reached out for his phone and dialed Hakyeon's number. It was midnight and it was selfish of him to call for Hakyeon now but he needed Hakyeon.

"Hello...?"

"Taekwoon-ah, why aren't you asleep yet? Are you okay?"

Taekwoon smiled at Hakyeon's concerned tone, glad that Hakyeon was always caring for him. "I am... I just miss you."

Taekwoon was barely inaudible but Hakyeon could still make out what his fiancé was trying to say.

"It's late already. Try to get some rest? I'll see you later okay. Good night," Hakyeon replied and put down the phone.

Taekwoon huffed and dropped his phone on the bed. The fact that Hakyeon didn't even end the call with an I love you made Taekwoon disappointed. He continued staring at the ceiling, waiting for the hours to go by, before Hakyeon would come.

It wasn't hours though. Taekwoon heard the door open but didn't bother looking because it was probably some nurse checking on him. What he didn't expect was a soft, warm pair of lips against his temple.

"H-Hakyeon?", Taekwoon's voice was slightly hushed and he immediately turned around to face Hakyeon.

"Why can't you fall asleep hm?", Hakyeon asked and gently Taekwoon's silky hair.

Taekwoon held Hakyeon's hand and tugged it. Hakyeon, who had seemingly understood Taekwoon, made himself comfortable on the bed as he snuggled closer to Taekwoon.

"I thought you were coming later? It's three in the morning Hakyeon-ah."

Hakyeon chuckled. "You sounded so cute over the phone, how could I not come now? Besides, Sobin is sleeping with your mum."

Taekwoon nodded, nuzzling his nose against Hakyeon's hair. He kissed Hakyeon's forehead gently earning a laugh from Hakyeon. The older cupped Taekwoon's face and brought it to his. Taekwoon could feel Hakyeon's cheeks heating up and smiled into the sweet kiss.

"It's almost a year and you're still using my shampoo?", Taekwoon said and pulled Hakyeon closer to him.

"It smells nice like you," Hakyeon admitted and buried his face in the crook of Taekwoon's neck.

The prince placed another kiss on Hakyeon's cheek and sighed contentedly. He was so grateful for this man to be by his side.

"I'm here now so get some shut eye. You're getting discharged tomorrow," Hakyeon yawned.

Taekwoon hummed in response as he held Hakyeon in his arms, the both of them falling asleep together.

☆☆☆

The next afternoon, Taekwoon and Hakyeon were already back in the palace, having fun together with their daughter.

"Woonie-ah, while you were at the hospital, I planned out our wedding...", Hakyeon said nervously and played with his fingers.

Taekwoon smiled at him warmly. "You did? Tell me about it then."

"I was thinking we could have a small and personal wedding? Like we could travel to Hawaii or something and get married there with only our friends and relatives as guests," Hakyeon explained as he held out a toy to Sobin.

There was no response from Taekwoon and Hakyeon immediately spoke again," if you want a grand wedding that's perfectly fine too!"

Taekwoon looked at Hakyeon with an amused expression and kissed him softly. "That plan sounds perfect, don't worry. We'll schedule it for next week because right now, I want to spend sometime with you and Sobin."

Hakyeon blushed and agreed with Taekwoon while smiling widely, secretly happy that Taekwoon was fine with his plan.

"I'll go get something for Sobin to eat," Hakyeon said and got up from the bed they were sitting on.

He went behind Taekwoon and hugged him from behind, making the prince grin from ear to ear. Taekwoon tried shaking from Hakyeon's embrace but the older only hugged Taekwoon tighter while planting a kiss on Taekwoon's neck.

"Yah! Jung Hakyeon what are you doing?", Taekwoon laughed.

"Jung Hakyeon rolls off the tongue nicely. Love you," Hakyeon pecked Taekwoon's lips and left the room.

Taekwoon carried Sobin and placed her on his lap and gave her soft kisses. "Your other appa is great, isn't he?"