7.

Blind

Flashback to 10 years ago

Taekwoon's pov

I stood in front of the king's throne, waiting for him. I was the prince and it was clear that I should call the king as my father but no, I would never. He may be a king, but he has never fulfilled his duty as a father.

When mum left us, he threw her most treasure belongings away, only leaving behind the piano because it was the only item my grandmother possessed. I hear faint footsteps behind me and I forcibly bow. I was only here because he was to bring me to my sixteenth birthday party. Well, sort of.

I was seventeen this year, but my 'father' apparently forgot to hold a celebration for me last year.. He should've brushed it off but he wanted an excuse to drink with the other ministers so here I was. I sighed when we arrived at the venue, which was one of the ministers mansion. Nearly everyone present were middle aged men, accompanied by their prized slave, collared and crawling on the cold marble floor.

After the cake, the adults decided to start drinking, leaving me alone. Silently, I sneaked off and ventured the huge mansion. When it seemed like I was reaching the end of the hallway, I heard faint cries of someone. It genuinely alarmed me and I took another step forward. Was he crying for help?

Step by step, the music got louder and I realized I'd returned to the main hall where I first left. I hid behind a pillar and watched in disbelief. There the king was, along with the other ministers, watching as a young boy was dancing for them. The boy was fully and he certainly didn't seem willing to do it either.

"Come here you ! I want a ," one of the ministers said.

The rest watched eagerly as the boy moved towards the man. Part of me wanted to throw up. How dare they use him like that? He looks less than eighteen for goodness sake! However, there was a part of me who fell in love with his dance. His tanned body was like fluid and his every move was mesmerizing. He deserved to be a dancer, not a slave like this. My eyes trailed his beautiful body as he moved to the man who had called for him. I could tell he was hesitant as he continued grinding against the elder and I felt my blood boil. All of a sudden, he stopped and shook head, gaining a hard slap by the older man.

"You should be punished! Bring me the whip!", the minister yelled as one of the other men fumbled a cabinet to find the whipped.

One . The boy cried in pain as he fell to the floor. Another , this time, he started bleeding, his old wounds probably re-opening again.

That's it.

I breathed out and ran towards the boy and used my own body as a shield, feeling a nasty, stinging sensation on my right elbow. Without thinking, I grabbed his hand and ran. Ran to where? I don't exactly know but I figured that it would at least give us some time before they found us. I flung the door open and locked it. Removing my jacket, I placed it around his small frame while he flinched.

"Don't worry, you'll safe for a while," I whispered and held his hands that were ice cold.

He didn't say a word, but the way he looked at me was something else. Those dark orbs of his spoke of his sadness, misery, helplessness. I reached out for his face and cupped it gently, wiping away his tears. Never in my life had I felt like this.

Felt like protecting someone whom I've never even met once.

The corners of his lips lifted and he laughed softly at me. His laughter sounded angelic and his smile was even more so. So cute... You deserve so much better... I smiled back in response.

"One day I'm going to put an end to all of this. That way you won't have to suffer anymore. My name is Jung-"

"Found you, you psycho!"

The king pulled me back and yanked the jacket from the boy and threw it at me. More strange men came into the room and grabbed the boy, forcing him to get on his knees. He yelped in pain as they threw punches at him all over.

I gasped and held the king's arm. "S-Stop it! He can't take it-"

"Get my son out of here, I'll teach this worthless slave a lesson," the king ordered and I was dragged away.

I was screaming, kicking, trying to free myself to no avail. My cheeks felt wet. Was I crying? Maybe. The last I saw was the poor boy on his knees, accepting his so called 'Fate'. 

 

This story is dark but i swear I'll add more floofy fluff later on ;-;