16.

Blind

Not proofread sorryyy

 

The soft fabric tickled Hakyeon's skin as he put on his outfit. Jaehwan helped him button up and he smiled dearly at his friend. Hakyeon smiled back, equally as happy.

"Today's the day. It's been a long time coming," Jaehwan says as he brushes some dust of the jacket.

Hakyeon nods and grins to himself at the thought of Taekwoon. About a week ago, the prince had brought him to a secluded part of town for lunch. It wasn't the best day, considering that they were caught in the rain and we're soaking wet when they had their lunch. However, Taekwoon made up for it by bringing him on a romantic boat ride across the river and even proposed to him that night. Needless to say, Hakyeon was beyond shock and downright happy.

Jaehwan asked for Hakyeon to sit in front of him and started doing his makeup. It was subtle, but Jaehwan made sure to do it properly. It was his big day after all.

"Thanks Jaehwanie for everything so far. You're a great friend you know that?", Hakyeon mentions and the comment brings a smile to Jaehwan's face.

"It's what I ought to do for you and Taekwoon. This must be a dream come true for you guys."

Hakyeon simply nods and remains still for Jaehwan to finish up. He rubs his hands nervously and hopes that everything goes well and as planned. Taekwoon had spent so much effort to plan everything for them and he couldn't help but feel a tiny bit of guilt. Not that Taekwoon allowed him to help in the first place, because the prince wanted the wedding to be a surprise.

In the room next to Hakyeon's, Taekwoon was pacing up and down with Wonshik by his side. The younger male sighed.

"Stop worrying Taek, everything is going to be okay, " Wonshik reassured his friend.

Taekwoon paused and let out a deep breath. "What if he doesn't like it? What if he's disappointed or unsatisfied with the decorations and theme?"

Wonshik smacked his head and grunted. "Do you really Hakyeon's that kind of person? He's gonna love it so would you please get ready. It starts in an hour."

The wedding was approaching and invited guests started pooling into the cathedral. One by one, they were chatting excitedly and filling the seats which made Hakyeon even more anxious. He could hear their chatter and buzz in the waiting room.

"Hakyeon, keep calm," he heard a voice at the door. It belonged to his brother.

Hong Bin offered Hakyeon a hug and Hakyeon agreed to it without any hesitation. "I'm trying not to but what would the people think? I'm not even a commoner I was a slave for most of my life Bin-ah."

Hong Bin patted his brothers back and hugged him closer. "It doesn't matter what others think. If they can see how much you and Taekwoon-Hyung love each other, them good for them. Screw those who don't."

Hakyeon giggled in his brother's embrace and thanked him. Hong Bin waved his hand dismissively and told Hakyeon that he had errands to help Taekwoon run. He left the room and Jaehwan re-entered the room.

"Ten more minutes Hakyeon, we should get going".

The prince had entered the room first and walked along the aisle and placed himself in front of the alter. Right after, the doors opened again and Hakyeon appeared with Hong Bin beside him. Taekwoon felt his heart go warm and his entire face lit at the sight of Hakyeon. His partner was beautiful beyond comprehension, to put it simply. Taekwoon stood in anticipation as Hakyeon slowly walked up towards him. The claps from the guests echoed across the room and the Queen was clapping the loudest, to Taekwoon's amusement. What a supportive mum.

"You're as beautiful as ever," Taekwoon whispered and took Hakyeon's hand in his.

Hakyeon blushed hard and chuckled as the vow master started speaking. Everyone in the hall listened intently and waited for Taekwoon's and Hakyeon's vows.

"Hakyeon, I still remembered the day I first met you when we were about seventeen. You made me realize what it felt like to care for and protect someone. You taught me how to love someone and what it felt like to be loved. I'm so proud of you for the person you are today and I swear to everyone, that I will always protect you wholeheartedly and love you till death we part. I'll still love you a little more after that," Taekwoon joked at the last part and gave Hakyeon's hands a gentle squeeze.

Hakyeon felt tears trickle down his face as he tried to hold back his emotions. Every single word that came from Taekwoon only made him feel even more blessed and happy to have him in his life. Hakyeon sniffled and chuckled before continuing their vows.

"Taekwoon, you know I've had a bad past but you've never treated me like I was an unwanted piece of trash," Hakyeon laughed softly. "You gave me hope and the strength and will to live on. I don't think I can ever repay what you've done for me but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make you happy because I love you Jung Taekwoon. With all my heart."

Taekwoon wiped away a single tear from his face and pinched Hakyeon's cheeks.

"Do you Jung Taekwoon, take Cha Hakyeon as your husband?", the vow master asked.

"I do."

The vow master turns to Hakyeon. "Do you Cha Hakyeon, take Jung Taekwoon as your husband?"

"I do."

Hyuk pushed in a small carriage where Sobin was peacefully tucked in. She was wrapped in a warm blanket and two golden rings were placed on top of her. Taekwoon proceeded to take one of the rings and slipped it into Hakyeon's ring finger. Hakyeon bent down and cooed at Sobin before picking up the ring. Just then, the doors went flying open.


.
.
.

 

Bang.