1.

Blind

"Sir Leo where are you off to? Maybe you should get dressed-"

Leo stared at his butler. "For the last time Jaehwan, call me Leo and Leo only. I'm going to visit the town."

Jaehwan's eyes widened at that statement and shook his head vigorously. "No way, Leo-ah! Your Father will kill me when he notices-"

"That's why I'm dressed so casually. Cover for me, I'll be back shortly," Leo said as he swiftly walked passed Jaehwan.

Leo stealthily got into an old car he had found and drove up to the town. As the prince of his district, he was never allowed to leave the palace. His Father, the king, was overprotective ever since his Mother had died of a tragic incident when he was only seven. However, that didn't stop Leo though. The boy was curious and somewhat stubborn. He would leave now and then to explore the wonders of his district and learn new things each day.

Noticing that the town area was nearby, he parked the car in a reserved spot and got off. Leo took a leisurely stroll along the beautiful streets admiring the view. But this wasn't what he came here for. Quickening his pace, Leo made his way through the crowd. One step after another, he felt his heart beat faster and faster. Sure enough, he had arrived. To the slave market.

Leo was aware that the slave market had always been around and that most of them were probably legal, under his father's rule. He'd hated the fact that his Father even agreed to this! Sighing to himself, Leo continued to observe the place. Slave dealers were shouting all over the place, trying desperately to "sell off" the slaves they had with them. Leo felt sickened and disgusted. Most of the slaves weren't even dressed, for goodness sake!

Out of nowhere, Leo spotted a small figure from one of the stalls and approached him slowly.

"Hello there! See something you like?", the owner of the stall wrapped his arm around Leo and literally spat all over his face.

Leo scrunched his nose. The slave dealer pointed out the row of women and continued," if you want more than one of these, I could give you a discount."

"Um, thanks but no... Is he one of yours?", Leo asked as he pointed out to the small figure he'd seen earlier on.

"That one? I've been trying to clear him for three weeks. He's been thrown back for sale so many times, I won't be surprised if he'll be gone for good the next time around."

Leo looked at the man, confused as to what the man had meant.

"What are you, some innocent prince? Slaves that are pretty much useless get poisoned to sleep since no one wants them. That's probably gonna be his fate," the slave dealer explained.

"I'll take him. F-for how m-much?", Leo felt sick to even ask that.

"Fifty, I'd say? Or maybe even thirty."

Leo handed the man the money and walked to the boy who was sat against the wall. He seemed so small and fragile... and broken. Leo bent down and immediately carried him bridal style. He rushed to the car and gently laid the boy down. It was slightly easier due to the fact that he was unconscious. Once done, Leo searched the boot of the car and found two towels that were thick enough to serve as blankets. After wrapping the boy with the towels, Leo decided to head back.

Leo only prayed that his Father would have no objections to his new friend.