2.

Blind

Hakyeon felt a jerk and immediately opened his eyes. He was unfamiliar of his surroundings and was even more shocked to find someone staring right at him. Poor Hakyeon shifted his gaze to his bare feet, heart pounding against his chest. Did someone purchase again?

"Are you hungry? Do you need anything?", Taekwoon asked.

Hakyeon was pleasantly surprised how his voice was so soothing and calming. However, he didn't reply.

"Hello? Why aren't you speaking?"

Hakyeon bit his lip and glanced at Taekwoon before replying." Y-You haven't g-given the p-permission to s-speak, Sir..."

"My name is Leo. Call me Leo, please. Also, you don't need to get permission from me, just talk me me normally as a Friend," Taekwoon smiled warmly at the boy beside him.

Hakyeon, who was still looking at his own two feet, nodded and gulped. Why was this man so friendly towards him? Surely there had to be some underlying motive. He was lost in his own thoughts when Taekwoon waved at him, bringing him back to reality.

"Sorry Sir! Is there anything you need..?", Hakyeon ducked his head even lower.

Taekwoon frowned and looked at Hakyeon sadly. How on earth was he treated by his previous owners to land him in such a submissive state? Not very humanely was Taekwoon's assumption.

Sensing Hakyeon's fear, Taekwoon decided to build some trust between them. He held Hakyeon's right hand and lifted the boy's chin, causing Hakyeon to face him.

Taekwoon could feel him tensing up but continued. "Please look at me?"

Hakyeon gulped and looked right at Taekwoon. Hakyeon was faced with what he would probably call the most beautiful person he'd ever seen. He noticed how flawless Taekwoon's skin was, fair and glowing. His hair looked smooth and silky but what caught Hakyeon's attention was Taekwoon's eyes. At first sight, it seemed intimidating but he soon felt himself getting lost in those dark brown orbs, the more he stared at Taekwoon.

"What's your name?"

"C-Cha Hakyeon"

"Age?"

"27..."

"Hobbies or anything you enjoy doing?"

"I used t-to dance when I w-was younger but it's b-been a while..."

Taekwoon shift closer to Hakyeon because the boy was speaking softer and softer.

"Well, you already know my name. I'm 27 too. My hobbies include singing and writing song lyrics. Now we're friends because we know something about each other. Wasn't too difficult right?", Taekwoon flashed a smile at Hakyeon, who felt his cheeks flush at the sight of Taekwoon.

Taekwoon reached out and pinched Hakyeon's soft cheeks, chuckling at the tomato faced boy. He's adorable, Taekwoon thought to himself. The prince look outside the glass window and was surprised that it was already sundown. He got out of the car quickly and gestured for Hakyeon to follow him. Unfortunately, Hakyeon couldn't walk without painfully limping.

"I-It's fine, S-Sir. I'm sorry, I'll walk faster-"

Hakyeon yelped and stopped talking because Taekwoon had swept him off his feet and carried Hakyeon in his arms.

Taekwoon laughed at Hakyeon's shocked expression and continued walking while saying, "Don't apologise Hakyeon-ah. You're not to blame if it's physically painful to walk... And don't call me Sir, it's Leo remember?"

All Hakyeon could do was nod. This was unusual. He was unusual. All his previous owners had never treated him the way Taekwoon did. Was this normal? Was Taekwoon messing with him or did he really stand a chance to befriend this kind soul.

Hakyeon buried his face in Taekwoon's chest. It was a bold move that would surely cause him to get a beating. Or so he thought. Taekwoon said nothing and even smiled more as Hakyeon nuzzled his face against Taekwoon's chest.

Hakyeon then decided to give up and lied in that position, breathing the sweet lavender scent.

"Hakyeon, we're here. This is where I live, I guess," Taekwoon let Hakyeon down.

"Y-You live in the palace? A-Are you the prince?", Hakyeon asked anxiously.

As soon as Taekwoon nodded, Hakyeon dropped to his knees and bowed down. He felt himself sweating and breathing heavily. What had he done?!

"I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry for not walking and letting you carry me! I'm sorry for talking so informally towards you! I'm useless I know just please, p-please don't send me back. Please don't send me back, please...", Hakyeon couldn't breathe properly because he was choking on his own tears.

Taekwoon had also known that slaves were submissive and respectful, but this was something he had never seen. How could this beautiful boy turn out to be so broken and fearful? What had Hakyeon been through? Taekwoon couldn't even bear to think of it.

Taekwoon kneed down in front of the crying boy and pulled him close. He Hakyeon's hair and patted his back gently, being careful not to hurt his bruised body. After a while, his sobs quietened down and Hakyeon was sniffing softly.

"Hakyeon-ah, don't think that way. You're safe with me okay? I would never hurt you and I won't let anyone touch you again... Stop crying," Taekwoon whispered and smiled at Hakyeon whilst wiping of his tears