15.

Blind

It took months for the war to end. Taekwoon was right because they had won, granting all the slaves freedom and the liberty to live as they wished now. The old King from Taekwoon's previous district was had perished, presumably, because he was afraid of losing the war.

Of course, it also took months to get everything back in order. The Queen had more people to look after and Taekwoon, as the prince, was in charge of reconstructing the towns. Not that the prince was complaining, but it gave him lesser time to spend with his fiancé. Taekwoon re-looked at the construction plan and approved of it. That was the last of his job for the post war period and he quickly left the room, running back to see Hakyeon.

"Hakyeon!"

Taekwoon exclaimed happily, but soom realised that Hakyeon was no where to be found. The prince sighed and went seeking for his beloved fiancé around the palace. Where was that man? Taekwoon sauntered down the stairs and heard a small cry on his left. He followed the source of the sound and it led him to a maid's room. Taekwoon carefully opened the door and revealed a small little baby, lying on top of Hakyeon. Taekwoon squealed a little, making his presence known to Hakyeon.

"Who is this little cutie?", Taekwoon cooed as he gently picked the baby up from Hakyeon's tummy.

Hakyeon smiled sadly. "She's the child from two casualties I was helping at the hospital today. Her parents didn't make it."

Taekwoon looked at Hakyeon, then focused his gaze on the little girl. She giggled at the sight of Taekwoon, grabbing his finger as if it was a toy.

"I brought her back because... Well... I was hoping we could maybe-"

"Let's raise her," Taekwoon said in an affirmative voice.

"I was going to ask you that but I'm worried we won't be able to raise her well. Im worried I'm not able to raise her well-"

Taekwoon silenced Hakyeon with a kiss, while holding bringingthe baby girl to his side."We're not going to be the best parents for sure."

Hakyeon scoffed."Thanks, thats was so helpeful-"

Taekwoon kissed him again, this time more forcefully. Hakyeon's ears turned the red and he hit Taekwoon's arm. The prince laughed at his lover's silly actions.

"As I was saying, we're not going to be the best, but we can try being the greatest."

Hakyeon's eyes watered and he came forward to hug the both of them. The little girl looked at Taekwoon and Hakyeon innocently, making cute little noises.

"Does she have a name?"

Hakyeon thought for a while." No, there wasn't any records of her. Her parents never said her name too."

Taekwoon gave a thoughtful nod and brainstormed with Hakyeon. "Jung Sobin?"

Hakyeon grinned and squeezed her little cheeks. "Welcome to your new home, Jung Sobin! I'm your new Appa!"

Taekwoon snorted. "I'm your appa. That's Hakyeon eomma."

Hakyeon clicked his tongue and dismissed Taekwoon's remark. They left the room and of course, went straight to the Queen to announce their decision. Taekwoon's mother, thankfully, welcomed her with open arms. In fact, she loved Sobin and even went to order her maids to prepare her clothes and crib.

Later that night, Taekwoon laid Sobin down into her new crib and sang her a soft lullaby to sleep. The little baby hugged onto her pillow and fell asleep effortlessly. Taekwoon stood up and walked over to his fiancé who was reading a book under the table lamp.

"I love her so much," Taekwoon whispered, jumping onto the bed, hinting for Hakyeon to join him.

Hakyeon closed his book and switched off the lamp to cuddle with Taekwoon. Taekwoon his hair slowly and hummed a tune, appreciating Hakyeon's company.

"You know, I would find this to be a truly romantic moment, but I can hear Jaehwan because the walls are so thin," Hakyeon groaned and covered his ears.

Taekwoon laughed. "We've been louder than that, don't pretend you're disgusted.

°•°•°•°•°
 

Morning came and Hakyeon woke up to the sounds of crying from Sobin. He stood up groggily and realised that Taekwoon was already in the shower.

"You must be hungry. Let's wash up with your new appa okay?", Hakyeon said and removed the little baby's clothes.

He lifted her up and opened the door with one hand. Hakyeon screamed to his horror when he realised Taekwoon was solving his morning problem.

"Jung Taekwoon! Not in front of Sobin!", Hakyeon yelled causing the baby to start wailing again.

"What?! I have needs...", Taekwoon said behind the toilet door.

Hakyeon smacked his head and calmed Sobin down. He left the room to use Jaehwan and Wonshik's bathroom instead. He swung their door open.

"Wonshik, r-right there," Jaehwan moaned out and arched his back upwards.

Hakyeon covered his daughter's face to sheild her from Jaehwan and Wonshik's morning .

"I'm using your bathroom, just continue," Hakyeon sighed exasperatedly.

"Forget he's there," Wonshik said and rammed his junk into Jaehwan.

Just my luck, Hakyeon thought as he the water for Sobin's bath. The little girl giggled and splashed water everywhere. Hakyeon laughed and blew bubbles for her to play with.

"You're adorable just like your appa, you know that? ", Hakyeon told her and played with her tiny hands.

Sobin smiled at Hakyeon and the man smiled back dearly at her, feeling blessed to have her in his life. It was like as if it was a new chapter for him and Taekwoon.