14.

Blind

Hakyeon tossed and turned to try to get some sleep but he couldn't. He felt cold and empty, missing the warmth of Taekwoon. Taekwoon. He slapped himself mentally. He wasn't in the right frame of mind when he was yelling at Taekwoon earlier that afternoon. Frankly speaking, he regretted everything he had said. Hakyeon didn't blame Taekwoon at all, but his stress and fear got the best of him. Not only that, he felt dirty. Hakyeon was touched by another man and he felt as shameful to face Taekwoon.

"Hakyeon-hyung? Oh, you're awake."

Hakyeon turned and was greeted by Hong Bin, who had brought along his favourite banana milk. He handed it over to Hakyeon and the older male downed the whole thing in less than a minute.

"So thoughtful of you to bring me this," Hakyeon joked.

Hong Bin shooked his head."Taekwoon-hyung was the one who told me to give this to you."

Hakyeon quietened down upon hearing Taekwoon's name. Did Taekwoon still care about him maybe? He hollowed his cheeks at the thought.

"I heard about the fight," Hong Bin started off.

Hakyeon looked down at the empty bottle of milk and explained to Hong Bin that he really didn't mean for it to happen.

"Taekwoon-hyung was willing to save you so much that he defied the Queen's orders. Everyone was worried about you, but Taekwoon the most," Hong Bin mentioned and looked over at Hakyeon.

"I know, I know. I'm such an idiot, argh! Taekwoon probably hates me now-"

"Far from that. He sent me here to check on you because he was afraid to make you mad again," his foster brother explained to him.

Hakyeon felt his heart flutter. Hong Bin knew what Hakyeon was thinking and placed his hand on his foster brother's.

"I'll get him to come. I know you still love him, so... Reason things out with him."

Hakyeon gulped but nodded anyways. Hong Bin was right, he still very much loved his fiancé but he was also afraid to face him now. He nervously played with the empty bottle in his hands and didn't even notice that Taekwoon was already at the door until he heard footsteps. Hakyeon's heart raced and he was scared of Taekwoon  would say. He sat there in an uncomfortable silence, waiting for Taekwoon to say something.

"It's late, how come you're not asleep yet?", Taekwoon's voice was soft and quiet.

"I-I couldn't fall a-asleep, I guess. Taekwoon, I'm so sorry, I-I didn't mean to shout at you. I don't blame you for anything," Hakyeon said exasperated.

Taekwoon bit his lip." I'm sorry too. I should've known better than to yell at you. You've been through a lot."

Hakyeon remained silent but suddenly started crying out loud, shocking Taekwoon. The prince leaned over and hugged him, trying to console Hakyeon.

"Aigoo, why are you crying?"

"Joisonghapnida, I'm such and idiot, please don't leave me. I-I just thought that I didn't deserve you because I was r-..." Hakyeon apologised in between his crying, his words slightly slurred.

Taekwoon patted his back and shushed him gently. "You're not at fault, I am. Sorry, stop crying okay? I will never leave you, you know that. That ing who touched you will pay for it. Also, you're still my Hakyeon, nothing will change the fact that I love you."

He felt Hakyeon nod and smiled to himself. He was glad that they made up. "I can never stay mad at you, Hakyeon-ah. I love you too much."

Hakyeon chuckled and asked for Taekwoon to lay down beside him. The prince readily agreed and made sure Hakyeon was comfortable in his arms. Taekwoon carefully wiped Hakyeon's tears away, kissing his cheeks as he did so.

"They took away my ring," Hakyeon said with a tinge of sadness in his voice.

Taekwoon played with Hakyeon's fingers and shrugged."That's okay. You're going to have a new one anyways, when we get married."

Hakyeon's ears turned red." When we get m-married?"

"Mhm," Taekwoon hummed in response, his eyelids almost giving in. The older male giggled at the thought of getting married. He was going to ask Taekwoon another question but he started hearing faint snores.

"Good night, Woonie... I love you," Hakyeon said and placed a kiss on Taekwoon's cheek.

The younger one squeezed Hakyeon tighter."I love you too."