seventeen

Anything, Everything With You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

seventeen;

 

 

“Where’s Daniel?”

 

 

Eunseo shrugs as her best friend eyes her, arms crossed before letting out a soft sigh.

“Are you not even the slightest bit bothered?”

“Bothered by what?”

“By her!” Jiyeon exclaims as if it’s the most obvious thing ever, before scoffing as her eyes land on the school gates.

“There she goes again.” She sneers, Eunseo following her gaze only to see Sujin excitedly waving at their brown-haired friend.

Eunseo laughs at her friend’s displeasure. Jiyeon had always been brutally honest and that was one of her charming points. Jiyeon grabs hold of Eunseo’s hand, stopping her in her track momentarily.

“Eun, tell me seriously. Aren’t you not afraid of losing him?”

Eunseo paused for a moment, her eyes trail back to the familiar boy who’s smiling brightly at the older female and strangely, she wasn’t able to describe how she felt.

 

But one thing for sure.


She didn’t like it.

 

“It’s... not like he was mine to begin with.” Eunseo’s voice laced with sadness.

Jiyeon frowns at her response. The girl wasn’t stupid, especially after spending so much time together with the pair, she definitely saw that there was something going on between the two. But the girl couldn’t quite figure out what was holding Eunseo back.

She sighs once again, giving the other’s hand a small squeeze of encouragement.

“Don’t regret it...if you do lose him that is.”

Eunseo curtly nods.

“Anyways, don’t forget about our small picnic tomorrow!” Jiyeon finishes, before bidding her friend goodbye.

Eunseo sends her a warm smile as her eyes turn into crescents. Once out of sight, the edges of her lips fall and she can’t help but furrow her eyebrows.

 

If I lose him.

She wonders what she would do if that happened.

 

 

# # #

 

 

Eunseo fumbles out of bed as her alarm obnoxiously plays in the background for what seemed to be the 9th time that morning.

“I overslept!” She grumbles to herself, quickly tossing her blanket back on the bed and running towards the bathroom.

Lucky for Eunseo, it didn’t take her that long to get ready. After a quick shower, she blowdrys her hair straight, all whilst picking an outfit AND texting Jiyeon to reassure that the girl wasn’t late.

But that was a lie.

“Why am I like this” She mumbles in the mirror as she’s applying a light layer of sun cream and makeup.

Slipping on a white sundress, covered with mini daisies she grabs the bag she had thankfully prepared the night before and heads for the door, not before hastily running back to put on some shoes.

“I’m such an idiot” she scolds herself whilst tying up a pair of casual converse.

Making sure she locks the door, she finally heads out, powerwalking towards the bus stop. The sun shines brightly on the girl and she mentally thank the weather for not being too cold for her outfit choice. Turning the corner, her phone vibrates in her bag and she fumbles around to retrieve the ringing device.

“Hello?” She answers, still making her way to her destination in a hurry.

“Where are you?” She didn’t have to ask twice before recognising that voice. The girl ponders for a second before answering.

“Me? I’m at the bus stop already...” She didn’t know why she said that, she was at least 10 more minutes away at a walking distance.

A small chuckle was heard, followed by “Great. I'll come and get you.”

“Okay.” She mindless says before retracting her statement immediately.

“Wait what?”

“I said I’ll come get you, we can meet the others together.”

“Oh sure...” Eunseo mentally curses as she hangs up. Thankfully she was wearing sneakers she thinks before she breaks out in a full sprint, cautious of her dress flying as she uses her bag to keep it from flashing all the innocent pedestrians.

Daniel sits in his car, another chuckle escapes his lips as he looks through the rear-mirror view of Eunseo running down the street, recklessly dipping into the crowd of people. He pulls out from his street parking and makes his way towards the bus stop himself, not without a big grin stupidly plastered on his face.

Eunseo on the other hand, his frantically running, panting as her brown hair blows wildly in the wind behind her. She didn’t know how many minutes it took, but she makes it to the bus stop, the boy being nowhere to be seen and she lets out a sigh of relief, clutching into the bus stop to regain her breath.

She notices a car parked directly and conveniently infront of her and Eunseo decides to use this chance to fix herself up. Straightening her dress and running her fingers through her tangled hair, she savages the last of her appearance that was ruined by all the wind and sweat from earlier. It isn’t long before she jolts at the sound of the loud car horn and her eyes widen, a rush of déjà vu overwhelms her as she’s experienced this before.

The window rows down and she’s faced with none other than the boy over the phone earlier and any traces of fear is now washed away and instead she in a breath and is met with embarrassment, cheeks tinting a rosey pink (and it wasn’t from the running).

“Isn’t this rather nostalgic Pretty.”

She rolls her eyes, whilst climbing in the vehicle.
“Shut it Kang Daniel.” The boy doesn’t listen and starts the

Please log in to read the full chapter