twelve

Anything, Everything With You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

twelve;

 

 

“I can’t believe it….”

 

 

The girl woke up first to the soft rays shining through his blinds and she mentally scolds herself in embarrassment for openly and comfortably falling asleep accidentally in someone else’s home let alone their arms. Still in bed, she hadn’t removed herself yet as she realises it had been the first time in years that she had sleep more than five hrs, let alone almost double when she looks at the digital clock on the bedside table behind Daniel’s sleeping figure, displaying 9 am.

Her eyes then falls onto the male who soundly sleeps, his chest moving up and down to match his soft breathing and Eunseo unconsciously stays, finding herself unable to remove herself from his warmth for some old reason. The light illuminates him and he practically glows, her hand reaches out instinctively as she brushes his messily bangs away from his eyes but quickly widens her eyes, and retracts her hand, remembering faintly that Daniel had done the exact same thing last night right before she gave into her exhaustion. 

Or was it my imagination….

She had wondered why she felt like this. Trying to figure out why her chest pounded uncomfortably yet she didn't hate it.

Snapping out of it, the brunette removes the thought completely as she quietly slips out from Daniel’s and pushes herself lightly off the bed, using enough strength to not wake up the boy. Eunseo walks over to the humidifier that’s still operating, Jasmine scent envelops the room and she presses the off button. Staring for a couple of minutes she can’t help but wonder. The girl had owned the exact same device and had tried all the scents possible yet it had never worked.

So what was the difference last night?

She shrugs, going to the bathroom to fix herself and rinse up before leaving the room as she sets off to invade his kitchen. 

Perhaps it was how warm and quiet his apartment is.

Eunseo looks around with curious eyes and she has to admit, Daniel had over exceeded her expectations. His well furnished and clean house was definitely not what she was expecting and he seemed to be living well on his own. She smiled in relief, not before spotting another cat she figured was Rooney. Again she bends down the ground and extends her hand the same way she had with Peter. The cat seemingly more cautious than Peter but Eunseo patiently waits before petting it gently to let him know she wasn’t a threat.

I mean her.

Eunseo chuckled while correcting herself as she remembered Daniel’s idiotic yet slightly cute confession about the cats. After a bit, the cat prances away and Eunseo continues her original path to the kitchen before getting sidetracked. She hesitates for a bit before opening the fridge as it was another person’s home afterall but she figured he wouldn’t mind, as she was offering her amazing cooking skills in return. But she frowns when his fridge is bare as a desert and Eunseo wonders if he’s been eating properly, picking up a wilting leak bundle and milk that’s had been in the fridge way past its expiry date.

“What the hell…” She mumbles, tossing them both out before clearing his fridge of any edible contents the fridge even began with, grabbing the eggs and spring onions and finally closing the fridge. She automatically starts cooking, frying up the eggs mixed with spring onions to make egg rolls slices and she even prepares the rice she found at the bottom cabinet. This boy really had nothing and Eunseo frowns as she places the rice filled with water into the cooker device and sets the timer.

Does he even eat at home?

Noticing there was a magnetic notepad, she removes the pen and quickly scribbles a note before deciding to head to a nearby grocery she had seen the night before whilst being dragged into his apartment.

“Let’s go get the rest of breakfast.” She mumbles to herself, softly closing the door behind her as she grips her phone and wallet in one hand. 

 

 

# # #

 

 

Click.

Daniel tosses a bit more before realising that he could no longer hear soft, paced breathing beside him and his most noticeably that his right hand was left empty. Immediately he forces himself up, eyebrows furrowed as he doesn’t see any sight of the girl anywhere. Rubbing his sleepy eyes, he shifts his attention to Rooney who’s purring at the door so he gets up in attempts to search for Eunseo not before petting the cat quickly who purrs in return.

“Euns

Please log in to read the full chapter