Part I - Chapter 2

Broken Wings

Sang Won remembers clearly how Jisoo asked her that day with concern eyes. It was Sunday.

 

“Unnie, can we talk?” Asked Jisoo in their car around 10 years ago.

 

They just finished the 21th episode of Inkigayo. Jisoo is gloomy, or so Sang Won thought. She was still fine when saying goodbyes to her fans. But, after the car window had closed up, she changed. Sang Won thought she’s just hungry or maybe she is not in the mood for any reason. But after a while, she started to feel worried about her. Her question summarize everything.

 

“Is everything alright? We can talk of course,” she answered with genuine concern.

 

“I want to talk here Unnie. Can we slow down a bit? Or can we take detours? It may takes long.”

 

Sang Won nodded and drove the car slower.

 

“So? What is it?”

 

“Will liking someone violate my contract?” asked Jisoo softly.

 

“No,” answered Sang Won.

 

“Will I get scolded if I like someone?” asked Jisoo again, even softer.

 

Sang Won turned a bit and sigh, “no Jisoo. No one will scold you for that.”

 

“But why am I scared Unnie?” Jisoo trembled in her seat.

 

Sang Won had a glimpse of Jisoo’s eyes and hands. She’s shivering in her seat. Deep in her heart, she knew this will happen. She knew that Jisoo will realize her feeling one day. Her feelings about that guy.

 

“Do you like someone?”

 

Jisoo sneaked a peak toward her manager. She wasn’t sure about what to say. Sang Won Unnie is the only one she can count on. So she decided to be true to her.

 

She nodded. “I’m scared Unnie. I can’t like anyone. Not like this.”

 

“Does Jinyoung know?”

 

“What?” Jisoo screamed. She was sure she hadn’t said anything that will lead her manager to suspect it to be Jinyoung. “Why did you think it was Jinyoung?”

 

Sang Won tried to understand the whole situation. To be sure, she never suspected Jisoo to have problems with boys. She had been kept and cared by the company, to the point where the feeling of liking someone beyond friendship is probably already vanished. It goes to the other member as well. So, she never worried about the kids’ interactions with males.

 

And out of those four, Jisoo is the least she would care about if they ever interact with males. Jisoo is carefree, friendly and modest. She hardly flirts, nor she understands how to, and she treats people only as colleagues, friends or sunbaes. She is far from the romantic world. Though she never confesses, Sang Won knew Jisoo tries hard to avoid the feeling of love.

 

“Then who is it may I ask?” Sang Won asked gently.

 

Jisoo closed her eyes slowly. She inhaled a little too deep. Sang Won tried to read her face. There were these lines on her forehead, went from the right side to the left side.

 

“Unnie,” Jisoo opened her eyes, “why did you think I like Jinyoung?”

 

“Well, you smile a little too wide every time he came into the room.”


 

That was 10 years ago. Sang Won still remembers how Jisoo tried hard to hide her feelings. It was the second longest SBS to dorm’s ride they ever take. That day, Jisoo cried knowing that her feeling needed to float away, perished in the sky. Liking Jinyoung is a sin, and an angel like Jisoo can’t be seen with broken wings.


 

They arrived at the dress parlor, or as they called ‘studio’, after a 30 minutes ride. It’s full of branded clothes and got tons of different types and styles. It’s YG personal clothes collection. YG’s fashion manager fill it in every once in a week. They have the latest trend and great brands to trig YG’s artist. Be it the formal event as what Jisoo are going to go in 3 weeks, or for music videos.

 

“Go upstairs first. The staffs are waiting. I need to make a call.” Sang Won said to Jisoo.

 

“Arasso,” Jisoo climbs up the stair. “I’ll find something to wear. Don’t worry.”

 

On the second floor, they have the formal attire collection. Mostly, YG artists only get to wear some Korean and International brands. Except for Jisoo, and a few others. She can choose anything. She even got a contract with Chanel in 2024. They sent few of their collections exclusively to Jisoo. It’s being taken care of here, in the studio.

 

“Jisoo, we picked some of the clothes you probably like. We got Chanel, Kuho, Hyein Seo and Gucci.” A staff coming in towards Jisoo with 2 different dress hanging on her hand.

 

“Thanks Mina-yah,” said Jisoo while sitting down on a nearby sofa.

 

“Everyone was furious, you know,” Mina opens the plastics from the dresses one by one while talking to Jisoo. “You didn’t accept any of the invitation. You turned down the dress from Hyejin Hong. You actually skip all of the 3 awards!”

 

She’s now pulling the dress furiously from the plastic. Jisoo looks at her with puppy eyes.

 

“Sorry,” Jisoo tries to calm the younger girl’s anger down.

 

“If apologies can solve anything,” Mina stops talking and hands a dress to Jisoo. “This is the latest from Chanel. It’s in beige color and shows some of your beautiful back.” She paused a bit to glance at Jisoo’s eyes. “I really recommend this,” she says with a smile.

 

Jisoo studies the dress. She thought it was pretty even before Mina shoves it to her. It has nothing in the front but opens in the back with sparkles all the way to the tail. It covers her neck and her shoulder.

 

“Don’t you think it’s a little bold for me to wear this?” Jisoo asks Mina.

 

“Bold? You’re 34 years old, Kim Jisoo. You need to show some skin. You’re gorgeous, beautiful and have a healthy skin. Something like this is needed to shows off your amazing features.” Mina complains right in front of Jisoo’s nose.

 

“Ara,” Jisoo’s chuckled. “It’s beautiful indeed, let's try it.”

 

They spend 4 hours trying over more than 10 dresses and bantering of which dress they should pick. Finally, they got one they all really like. It’s a long sleeve navy blue dress, with lace on top and a considerably not so y open back.

 

“I like it,” Sang Won smiles brightly looking at Jisoo the second time in that dress. “It really brings out your eyes-“

 

“Not to mention, back!” Mina interrupts and jumps all over the place. “You will slay everyone in the auditorium. I’m so excited!!” Mina hugs Sang Won so tight, she almost chokes her.

 

“Yya! Are you trying to kill me? I can’t breathe.” Sang Won lets go of Mina and walks toward Jisoo. “Be proud, okay. You look amazing.”

 

 

The D-Day is arriving faster than Jisoo can imagine. In the span of 3 weeks, she’ve tried dresses, shoes, pieces of jewelry, bags, even hairstyles. She had various interaction with company’s directors. About what to say, what not to say about her whereabouts.

 

“It’s about 4 hours. You’ll need to attend the after party if you received the award,” says Sang Won inside the limousine. “I’ll be just outside with the driver and staff.”

 

Jisoo decided to curl her hair a little bit to make a little wave on her black hair. The hair stylist insisted on letting her back untouched by her hair. So she agrees to let her hair falls down on one shoulder.

 

“If I win,” she closes her eyes. “I really just want to go home.” Jisoo looks out of the window to meet thousands of people already waiting on the red carpet.

 

“Stop being negative, alright. We’re almost here.”

 

 

The inside of the venue already packed with invitees. There are some directors and producers she had met before. Some people she suppose she had worked before. Most probably creative directors or sound engineers. And actors and actresses, which somehow Jisoo wants to avoid.

 

“I can’t believe you are here Kim Jisoo,” a sound coming from her side wakes her up.

 

"Suzy!” Jisoo squeals seeing the person. At least someone she can count on is here.

 

“Where the hell have you been Jisoo? We all were looking for you.” Suzy, as Suzy the former Miss A member, hugs Jisoo tightly in her embrace.

 

“Suzy-ah, I miss you too.” Jisoo hugs back with a smile.

 

“We really kinda worry you know,” Suzy breaks the hug. “Explain.”

 

“It’s just, I’m busy with other work. And the last time, I was sick.” Jisoo smiles.

 

“I can’t believe that Actress of The Year missing every single award shows this entire time.”

 

Jisoo flashes a smile. She knows people will ask her about this. She knew she has to lie. And lying is something Jisoo hates the most.

 

“I know. But I can’t help it.”

 

“Yya Kim Jisoo!” This time, a man’s voice comes from the back.

 

“Oppa,” Jisoo smiles as she turns her head.

 

“Daebak, you actually came!” She receives another hug from someone she also can count on.

 

“Stop it Bogum Oppa. You’ll crush her.” Suzy tries to pull the man’s arm.

 

“Really Jisoo-ssi. We were all like, ‘what happened to Kim Jisoo?’ ‘Is she giving up on acting already?’ You really don’t want to hear those words, I guarantee you.”

 

“I hear nothing oppa. Glad to see you here.”

 

“It’s supposed to be the other way around,” Bogum says. “I’ve been attending different award shows without my leading actress. I’m so glad you are here.” Bogum hugs her again with his left hand.

 

“Sorry Oppa. I called you right? I called the others as well. My schedule just didn’t meet up with any of these events.” Jisoo explains with pleading eyes.

 

“Well, at least you’re here now-“

 

“Oh, Jinyoung-ah!” Suzy yells out cutting Bogum’s words.

 

Jisoo froze.

 

Jinyoung? As in Park Jinyoung?

Jinyoung is here? Why is he here?

 

Jisoo tries hard not to turn around. Suzy is waving to someplace behind her. She can hear footsteps coming her way.

 

“Oh Suzy-ssi, Hyung, you guys are here already.”

 

Jisoo’s legs are nervously shaking. She can’t turn nor move. It’s his voice. His deep, masculine voice. She can smell his Dior perfume. It’s the same perfume.

 

“It’s been a while. By the way, have you meet Jisoo?” Suzy introduces Jisoo to Jinyoung, who is now standing a feet away behind her.

 

“Jisoo?” Jinyoung looks at the person Suzy points her hand to. The woman in front of her turns her head and moves 2 feet away from Jinyoung.

 

“Hi, Park Jinyoung.”

 

-

Hi everyone!

Thank you for subscribing and actually manage to finish all two chapters.

 

This is my first ever story to have been published, hopefully, people will enjoy the story.

 

Note:

I changed the first and second chapter because of grammar errors. These changes were actually made by the wonderful Tasseophile. She helped me creates a better story in terms of wording and story's phase. 

So here, I want to give a shoutout to her for giving me wonderful feedbacks. To people who love Jinji, please check on her stories here https://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view_author_stories/298324/L

You guys should check on her work, 'A Thousand Purple Stars'. I guarantee everyone, it is still the best Jinji story in the AFF world