Part II - Chapter 13

Broken Wings

Jisoo always has a hard time figuring Jinyoung’s mind. There are times when he becomes so funny and sneaky. There are times when he gets shy over her compliments and admirations. And the one she fears the most is when he gets serious and quiet, which happens at this moment.

 

They face the camera side by side as a starter. Jisoo moves her head little by little to all directions to create a good angle for her face, so does Jinyoung.

 

“Jinyoung-ssi, please turn your back and face the camera from behind,” the photographer instructs after about ten shots.

 

Jinyoung turns his body and glances at Jisoo. He sees her hand clenches beside her, showing a few veins on her arms.

 

“Relax,” Jinyoung whispers for the second time while putting his hand in his pocket.

 

Jisoo can see Jinyoung’s side profile from the corner of her eyes. Jisoo can’t believe how normal he is when she’s been fighting over to where she needs to look since they started. She glances to the camera, trying to avoid any eye contacts with Jinyoung.

 

“Jisoo-ssi, work your hands to Jinyoung’s shoulder please,” another guide comes from the photographer.

 

Jisoo swallows hard upon hearing it. She moves her right hand to her left, touching Jinyoung’s shoulder from the back without even looking at it. She moves her right hand a few times at every shot while her left hand unconsciously touch Jinyoung’s lower arm.

 

“Great,” the photographer raises his head. “Can we have the couch here?”

 

“Couch?” Jisoo murmurs softly.

 

She sees a few staffs come out with a white couch from the corner. It’s a two-seat leather couch with a dark wood frame. As the staffs manage the set, a lot of thoughts come to her mind in a flash.

 

“I need Jinyoung-ssi to lay down and Jisoo-ssi to trap him on top,” the photographer gets back to his lens.

 

Jisoo is far from relaxing after hearing the guidance from the photographer. She slowly turns and moves to the couch, which now placed behind her. She watches Jinyoung sits on the right end of the couch and positions his back to the armrest. He doesn’t even look at her.

 

How can he be so calm, she thinks. Jisoo climbs on top of Jinyoung by grabbing the back of the couch. She puts her left legs on the inside part of the couch and leaves her right foot hanging out of the couch. She then balances herself with her hand by grabbing the back of the chair.

 

“Okay, let’s start again.” The photographer clicks on his camera and moves closer.

 

Jisoo leans in to Jinyoung’s face a little to make sure she doesn’t lose her balance.

 

“Jisoo-ssi, please look at Jinyoung-ssi’s face. Jinyoung-ssi, please look at the camera.”

 

Jisoo nods to the instruction and turns her head. She stares to the corner of his eye and sees sweats coming from his temple. Jisoo frowns to it and feels the air for a bit. She’s not sure why, but the room is actually cold enough to prevent her from sweating.

 

“Jinyoung-ssi, can you grab her back or hand. Just do something comfortable to the both of you,” the photographer guides them from behind the camera.

 

Jinyoung turns his head to Jisoo and looks worried. He raises his right hand and touches her waist. Jisoo may be clueless about men, but she is not clueless with photo shoots. She did many intimate photos with men and from all of her experiences, skinship is something very normal and easily done. But Jinyoung, he barely even grabs her waist.

 

Is he nervous, Jisoo thinks to herself.

 

She changes her body to get closer to Jinyoung by grabbing the armrest behind Jinyoung. She positions herself so her face is only one foot away from him.

 

“Relax, just touch me like you used to,” Jisoo whispers to Jinyoung and grabs his arm. She pulls his arm lower to her exposed thigh.

 

Jinyoung opens his eyes wide. He can feel her skin on her fingers, giving him bad thoughts all of the sudden. He stares back at her and whispers, “you’re going to regret this.”

 

The photographer starts taking pictures as they converse. Jinyoung moves both of his hands to Jisoo’s thigh and back. He starts to get intense with his body language. He slowly changes his gaze from the camera to Jisoo. He touches her neck and breathes to it. He then stands and reverses their position.

 

“Can I do this?” Jinyoung turns to the photographer.

 

“Oh, sure. That looks good.” The photographer nods and clicks his camera again.

 

Jinyoung traps Jisoo with his legs and pushes her down to the other side of the couch. Jisoo senses lust coming out from Jinyoung’s eyes, making her nervous all of a sudden. She tries to act as calm as she can and continues the shoots, without looking at his face.

 

“Last one, can Jisoo-ssi sits on top of Jinyoung-ssi’s lap?” the photographer asks them with a smile.

 

Are you going to murder me here? Jisoo screams to her head.

 

She stands from the couch and waits for Jinyoung to move. He straightens his shirt and sits in the middle of the couch. He opens his legs and taps his thighs while looking at Jisoo.

 

Jisoo hates his guts, but she hates herself more for giving in.

 

She walks closer and touches his shoulder first. She raises her right leg to his side, giving pressure to his shoulder. She lets her other leg to his side and slowly sits on top of his laps. Her chests brush against his chin as she positions herself.

 

“Great, guys. Jisoo-ssi please keep the side of your face shown to the camera please,” the photographer moves closer and begins to take shots.

 

Jisoo bites her lips as she feels Jinyoung’s hands caress her bottom. She’s not sure whether the staff find this suspicious or not, but Jinyoung literally molests her there. Jisoo can’t find her senses throughout the last session. She can only put her hand on top of Jinyoung’s chest and push them, waiting for everything to end.

 

“Good job,” the photographer puts down his camera and claps. “I’m going to take other shots for the individual photo. Can someone take care of Jisoo-ssi? I’m going to start with Jinyoung-ssi.”

 

Jisoo immediately lets go of Jinyoung and walks away. She doesn’t look back and goes to the side to get her make up fixes.

 

The photographer takes about 30 shots at Jinyoung and changes to Jisoo in about 3 minutes. Jisoo steadies her heartbeat and nicely ends her session without so much drama.

 

“Let’s see the result, guys,” the photographer walks to a desk in the corner and shows them the picture.

 

Jisoo can’t focus on the monitor and keeps glancing at Jinyoung. He was being serious, then nervous, then aggressive in less than 30 minutes. Everything that happens creates more disturbing thoughts inside her head. 

 

“This one looks really good,” the photographer stops at their couple shot. “Your eyes look y, Jinyoung-ssi. It’s a good thing you put your hand on Jisoo-ssi’s thigh.”

 

Jisoo pinches her hand from behind; this is mad, she thinks.

 

“It’s a wrap, you guys can get ready for the group session.”

 

Jisoo immediately leaves the room with her hairdresser and stylist. She can't be around Jinyoung any longer since she might do something stupid towards him.

 

She arrives at the changing room and immediately changes to her next dress.It’s a long black dress with a high neck. It’s not y; it's sophisticated enough to save her from Jinyoung's sharp comments. She keeps her hair like it was; a little wavy and freely falls on her shoulder. She checks twice in the mirror to make sure that the dress is not going to let out Jinyoung’s hidden beast.

 

Jisoo steps out from the dressing room and searches for food trays. She is sure someone mentions about some condiments corner around the hall.

 

“I’m sorry,” someone comes from behind as she walks in the hall. She looks to her right to find Jinyoung walks beside her.

 

He keeps walking and looks ahead. Jisoo keeps up to his pace, waiting for him to continue.

 

“I’m sorry I hurt your hand the other day,” Jinyoung talks softly. “I didn’t mean to do anything bad at that time. I just thought of seeing you.”

 

He turns his head to his left, looking at Jisoo with apologetic eyes. Jisoo stops on her track to look back at Jinyoung. The atmosphere around the corridor changes to that exact time where Jinyoung hugged her after Inkigayo’s farewell dinner.

 

“Did it still hurt?” Jinyoung asks Jisoo with so much care in his voice.

 

It’s not hurting her now and she wants to tell him that he doesn’t need to be worry. It’s been so long since she sees his eyes this close. It warms her heart seeing how sorry he is right now. He doesn’t change a bit, his care towards the people around him still as great as before. She hates it; it makes her likes him even more.

 

“It’s alright, it’s not hurting me that much. I’m sorry to worry you,” Jisoo smiles gently, crushing the wall she has built.

 

She curses her heart for the hundredth time today. She may say to anyone how badly she wanted to move on, how her heart is trying to get over him, but, no matter how hard she try, she can’t hide it how badly she misses him.

 

And it keeps getting worse, “See? It’s fine now.” Jisoo shows her wrist to Jinyoung’s face. She scrunches her nose as she smiles, trying to ease Jinyoung’s apologetic expression.

 

Jinyoungs stays on his feet, pushing himself back to some conscience. He tries to digest everything that happens right before his eyes. She was awkward and nervous from a moment ago. Then she bravely challenged him at the photoshoot. And right now, she becomes the Jisoo of his past, the one who smiles soothingly at him every time he apologizes.

 

“It’s the other hand, Jisoo,” Jinyoung reaches out to her other hand and pull it closer. It doesn’t look red anymore, but the pain probably still lingers in her. She flinches a little and sounds hurt. He knows there's something between the two of them that needs to be resolved. Her actions clash every time they get closer and he goes wild everytime he sees her eyes. She can try hard to be cold and distant, but everything that's coming out of  shows him the Jisoo from ten years ago. It needs to end and it has to be tonight.

 

“I’m going to take you home,” Jinyoung continues. “There’s something we need to talk about. And it involves me taking care of your hand.”

 


 

 

 

 

It's almost there. Please bear with it, because they both need more time to resolves everything. And yes, that involves him taking care of her hand