Part III - Chapter 18

Broken Wings

“Come in,” Jinyoung opens his front door to Jisoo.

 

Jinyoung picked Jisoo in front of her apartment exactly 2 hours after her schedule ended without leaving his car at 10 PM. She wears a long dress with jacket and scarf, trying hard not to awaken Jinyoung’s crazy thoughts.

 

“I’m going to my room, you can sit in my living room first,” Jinyoung smiles at Jisoo and leave her in the hallway.

 

Jinyoung’s apartment is bigger than hers. There is one bedroom in the hallway and his own room at the end of it. The living room is facing south and his kitchen is two times her apartment’s kitchen size. It’s a simple, neat and such a manly apartment for Jisoo’s preference. Yet she feels home.

 

His shoes are visible in the glass rack near the front door, his running shoes, leather shoes, boots, and all of his street shoes showing his personality in just a glance. His kitchen is too clean for a normal kitchen, he might rarely cook. And one thing that caught her attention is the big square shelves in his living room.

 

It’s a big shelves with all of his trophies, books and what appear to be presents from his fans, probably. Jisoo gets closer to see what’s inside and finds all of his books which she had read and hasn’t read, displayed in author’s name order. The ahgabong, his first award, a doll that looks exactly like him and a line of all GOT7’s album being shown perfectly inside.

 

It’s nothing out of ordinary, since he actually had an image of Jinyoung’s apartment before arriving. But as she roamed to every corner of the shelves, she spots something unexpected. It’s Blackpink’s first mini album, the one she gave to him with her own signature, displayed far on the right, without trace of dust.

 

Jisoo picks up the album gently and suddenly feels a little happy, plastering a good grin on her face.

 

“Did you find something interesting?” Jinyoung comes out from the corner.

 

“You surprise me,” Jisoo looks back at Jinyoung, still holding the album.

 

“Why are you stealing my Blackpink’s album?” Jinyoung reaches to her hand and grabs it. “You can’t take it, it’s the most precious thing I have here.”

 

Jisoo blushes hearing Jinyoung’s words.

 

“I’m not taking it,” she pouts, pushing her hand to Jinyoung’s chest.

 

It’s the same color, a soft pink that appears every time Jinyoung flirts at her. It’s cute and Jinyoung can’t hold himself, so he kisses her cheek.

 

“But it looks like you’re happy seeing it there,” Jinyoung smiles at her and puts the album back to the shelves.

 

“Come here,” Jinyoung walks past Jisoo and sit on his couch, signaling Jisoo to join her by tapping the spot next to him.

 

Jisoo turns around and study Jinyoung’s face. After about two weeks not seeing each other, she developed a new habit, day dreaming. She could spend every minute in between schedule just to imagine what he did, or what he looked like that day. She would stare on her phone and practicing words to say if Jinyoung called him. She’s back to her teen years, feeling like a high schooler with her first boyfriend. But tonight, seeing Jinyoung acting normal makes her a little annoyed.

 

Jisoo sits next to Jinyoung facing the front, not even giving glances at Jinyoung. Seeing her woman acting weird, Jinyoung holds his comment and waits.

 

“Why are you being so normal?” Jisoo speaks up after a good 2 minutes of silence. “Why are you so relax?”

 

Jinyoung blinks twice. No matter how hard he try to be good, there is always something bothering her. And this part of Jisoo worries him all the time, because Jinyoung will feel guilty afterward and ended up making her cry or blaming herself.

 

“Is it bad to be normal?” Jinyoung cautiously asks Jisoo.

 

“Is not that is bad,” Jisoo pouts and feels bad, “but it’s 10 years after the last time we’re together. Don’t you feel nervous?”

 

If it’s not Jisoo, Jinyoung will definitely scolded her for being unreasonable. But seeing how concern her eyes are, Jinyoung can only smile and hug her.

 

“You need to stop this thought,” Jinyoung trapped Jisoo in her chest. “Why can’t you just be happy about our relationship?”

 

“But I’m nervous. And I can’t contain my heart everyday waiting for your replies or calls.” Jisoo looks up and shows her pleading eyes.

 

“And you think I don’t?” Jinyoung asks back.

 

Jisoo stares at him, waiting for him to continue.

 

“I’m more than nervous, Jisoo,” Jinyoung continues, loosening up. “I woke up early just to make sure you get my message first. I called you because texting you can’t satisfy my heart. Two weeks without seeing you is definitely driving me mad.

 

“If being normal is bad, then I don’t know what I should do, Jisoo,” Jinyoung pauses. “I don’t want to make things bad between us.”

 

Again, Jisoo thought. She misunderstand Jinyoung’s behavior again.

 

“I’m-“

 

“Apology accepted,” Jinyoung cuts in. “So let’s talk about the real thing.”

 

Jinyoung smiles a little, earning a small chuckle from Jisoo.

 

“Okay,” Jisoo smiles back.

 

“So, how many people have known about this thing we had?” Jinyoung starts.

 

“Jennie, Sang Won Unnie, my unnie, Seulgi and you,” Jisoo asnwers. “How about you?”

 

“Jackson, Seung Hoon Hyung, Wonpil-ie, Jaebum Hyung, manager hyung, uri noona and Doyoung.”

 

“Doyoung-ie? You told him? I don’t even remember him.”

 

“I know you won’t remember him, that’s why I called him last night.”

 

“He must be pissed.”

 

“He told me I owed him a big meal this week.”

 

Jisoo laughs happily, “I miss him.”

 

“Me too. Let’s buy him something good.”

 

“Um,” Jisoo nods.

 

“And how is your manager facing this?” Jinyoung asks, back to a more serious manner.

 

“Sang Won Unnie doesn’t really say anything. It seems she knows beforehand that we will end up together again. So as long I’m responsible on my career, it won’t really matter. How about you?”

    

“My manager definitely doesn’t care, though he is curious about our history. He’s a fan of yours. Jackson and Jaebum Hyung finally stop calling me a , a very great achievement. And my sister really want me to set up friendly date with you soon.”

 

Jisoo looks at Jinyoung with a puzzling look.

 

“What?” Jinyoung gets back at Jisoo with a more puzzling look.

 

“None of it concern about your career.”

 

“Jackson said I’m going to be super famous if the world finds out about our relationship.”

 

“How come?”

 

“Because I’m dating Kim Jisoo, korea’s most searched woman in google this year.”

 

“Ya!” Jisoo hits Jinyoung’s arm. “Stop joking around.”

 

“Ow!” Jinyoung grabs his arm. “I’m not joking.”

 

Jisoo stares with another worried eyes which Jinyoung already accustomed too.

 

“Stop giving me that look, you worry too much,” Jinyoung lightly pat Jisoo’s head. “Let me make everything easy for you.

 

“I want to publish our status. I want to talk to the board this month and ask them for advice. I know for sure they can’t say no for this. My contract has nothing concerning my private life.

 

“And as for my career, I’ve done some research,” Jinyoung pauses and takes out his phone.

 

“Jisung and Lee Bo Young sunbaenim. Married in 2013 when he was 36 years old. Met in 2004 and dated for more than 5 years.

 

“Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo sunbaenim. Married in 2017 when he was 33 years old. They dated for a year after the hit drama Descendants of the sun.

 

“Taeyang dan Min Hyorin subaenim. Married in 2018 after 4 years dating.

 

“All of them still busy with their own work and their fans still as loyal as before. They live happy, without worrying about how the public will judge them.”

 

Jinyoung finished his statement with a big sigh, looking deep at Jisoo’s eyes to find a relieve, but he sees nothing but two weak eyes looking back at him.

 

“Why are you looking at me like you don’t believe of anything I said?”

 

“I-,” Jisoo stutters, “I’m not like those women. I’m far from being as amazing as them.”

 

Jinyoung has met a lot of people with prejudice of their own strength. Jackson is one of them. He might appear all happy and bubbly in front of everyone, but deep down he always feel underachieved. Jinyoung never realizes that the woman he always adore, is also feel the same way.

 

“Stop it,” Jinyoung touches Jisoo cheeks. “Stop being this. Stop feeling like you’re not enough. Don’t you know how many people look up to you?

 

“Most of my hoobaes in JYPE all have your picture in their binder, girls or boys. One of my co actor once declared his love towards you and actually daydreamed that you might like him as well.

 

“You have to stop this,” Jinyoung pants. “Or let me do the work.”

 

Jinyoung stands from the couch and makes a phone call.

 

“Oh, hyung,” Jinyoung starts speaking. “I need to tell you, I’m dating someone right now.”

 

Jinyoung nods, “yes, another actress. It’s Kim Jisoo.”

 

Jinyoung stops talking and just nods a few times.

 

“A month and it’s a serious business. So I might publish this.”

 

Jinyoung stays silent again. He replies the last time, “I know. Thank you, hyung.”

 

Jinyoung ends the call and looks back at Jisoo.

 

“It’s your turn,” Jinyoung speaks softly, “tell your sajangnim.”

 

"Who are you calling?" Jisoo asked.

 

"My director," Jinyoung replies.

 

Jisoo catches her breath, “What are you doing Jinyoung?”

 

“I’m putting an end to this madness,” Jinyoung replies. “You need to realize, you worry over nothing. So lets make this public and let you see the truth.”

 

“Are you crazy?” Jisoo suddenly yells.

 

“Yes.” Jinyoung speaks two bars higher. “Yes, I’m crazy.”

 

Jisoo never felt so mad at Jinyoung, after 10 years being separated and an addition of 1 year working together, this is the first time Jisoo feels mad.

 

“How could you decide everything by yourself? Don’t you want to hear my opinion first?” Jisoo stands and looks furiously at Jinyoung.

 

“We won’t move forward if you doubt yourself, Jisoo.”

 

“Well, sorry Jinyoung, but I can’t move forward if you keep being selfish.”

 

 

 


Another release to people who have waited too long <3