Part III - Chapter 17

Broken Wings

“Stop texting him! We’re going to be late for the store opening.”

 

Lee Sang Won finally screams on the top of her lungs at Kim Jisoo after 3 failed attempts at getting her into their car for today’s schedule.

 

“I’m here, I’m here,” Jisoo comes out from the lobby and walks toward her manager in no hurry.

 

“I’m going to kill you, Kim Jisoo,” Sang Won grabs Jisoo’s arm and pulls her quickly to the car. Sang Won hurriedly opens the door, shoves Jisoo inside the car, closes the door, then gets herself in a quick rush to the front seat next to the driver.

 

“Drive as fast as you can Yoon Jung-ah.”            

 

It’s been 15 days since that night; the night when Jisoo finally told Jinyoung everything that she’d been keeping, all of her worries, her deep dark fears, and the endless uncertainties. It was the best night of her life, she cuddled all night with him, shared stories and few jokes she’s been missing, it was perfect and she still remembers each minute spent.

 

-

 

“I’m tired,” Jinyoung panted.

 

“Who’s fault is it?” Jisoo mumbles, trapped between Jinyoung’s arm and her bed.

 

“I think three times are enough, Jisoo.”

 

Yya!” Jisoo pushed Jinyoung’s arm from her chest and sat straight, facing her man who was still laying on his chest. “You think of another one?”

 

“No,” Jinyoung replied with slightly tired voice. “I told you, I’m okay for the night.”

 

“I can’t believe you plan to do more than three times. I’m already out of breath for the second time.”

 

“You need to do it more often then.”

 

Jisoo got her pillow and smacked Jinyoung’s head.

 

“Ouch.”

 

Jisoo got up from the bed and headed to her bathroom, leaving Jinyoung on her bed who was scratching his head softly. Jinyoung sat and stared at her back, feeling more than happy that night.

 

“What are you doing?” Jinyoung asked a little loud from the bed to Jisoo’s back inside her bathroom.

 

“Taking care to all of the mess you’ve made,” Jisoo answered back a little loud as well, earned a little smirk on Jinyoung’s face.

 

Jisoo finished her business after cleaning up her private part and all the sweats on her face, she then walked back to her bed, still , apparently.

 

“You look like you’re going to me now,” Jinyoung glanced to his left as Jisoo climbed to her bed, pulling her sheet up to her chest.

 

“You’re crazy,” she replied with a glare.

 

Jinyoung felt amused yet excited with her gestures, he then circled his left arm around Jisoo’s back and pulled her closer.

 

“I love you,” he whispered to her head.

 

Jisoo smiled to her cheek, feeling giddy and happy at the same time after receiving all of these affections from Jinyoung in less than a day.

 

“Me too,” Jisoo replied, whilst hugging him with her free arm on top of his chest.

 

“You’re okay now?” Jinyoung suddenly asked.

 

“Okay? I’m okay,” Jisoo bewildered for a bit. “What are you implying? ?”

 

“No,” Jinyoung pulled his body back, looking straight into Jisoo’s eyes. “Your worries. Are you okay with that now? Are you still afraid?”

 

Jisoo looked back at Jinyoung’s eyes, he’s worried, she knew.

 

“I’m fine now,” Jisoo smiled, “You’ll be here to help me out right?”

 

Jinyoung studied her expression, reminding himself that she might still feel those fears, and she might lie again.

 

“May I know since when you’ve been feeling that way?” Jinyoung asked further to ease his insecurities. “Since our break up?”

 

“No,” Jisoo tried answering calmly, “Since the day you said you have feeling towards me.”

 

Jinyoung paused for a while, trying to collect his heart who was breaking for a moment just now.

 

“Since that long?” Jinyoung whispered. “How could you never tell me about it? You’ve been thinking about all of them during your time with me?”

 

“Hey, slow down,” Jisoo reached Jinyoung’s right hand. “You sounded hurt.”

 

“I am.”

 

Jisoo stopped breathing, looking straight to his eyes. He wasn’t lying, she thought.

 

“I’m sorry, Jinyoung-ah. I wasn’t-“

 

“Stop saying sorry, Jisoo.” Jinyoung cut in and held her tiny shoulders close to him.  “How could you hold everything to yourself like that? You’re not a superwoman.

 

“Is that why you insisted on breaking everything on our last day of Inkigayo? Because you can’t handle the pain?”

 

“No,” Jisoo whispered. “Because I don’t want to fall in love with you.”

 

Jinyoung looked down to her head, figuring her heart and his own which bit faster than it supposed to.

 

“I was telling myself, this feeling I have toward you will only cause you misery in the end. Because I’ve seen so many idols ended up failing because of a scandal. Especially male idols.

 

“It scared me. I was a rookie back then, with less than a year experience and a small fanbase. Your involvement with me might cause too much damage on your career.

 

“I was scared by my own feeling, then you came and telling me about all that. Your feeling and every beautiful thing I never imagine you have.

 

“So I started developing those thoughts. It just happened, coming to my mind every time I think of you.”

 

Jisoo stopped to inhale the chilly air; she raised her head and stared at Jinyoung’s eyes.

 

“But, I’m okay now,” Jisoo smiled. “Jennie has been scolding me about these thoughts. Sang Won unnie did the same thing.

 

“And I can’t lie about my feeling towards you anymore,” she stopped.

 

Jinyoung waited for her to finish, trying to grasp everything that happened in front of his eyes, telling himself that he needed to wait and be patient with her heart that night.

 

“I want to work this out Jinyoung, and there are so many things we need to talk about, our career, our family, our future.

 

“Do you think the same way?”

 

Jisoo stared deeply at Jinyoung. Looking tender and soft, giving butterflies inside Jinyoung’s stomach.

 

“I love you,” Jinyoung smiled. “Have I told you that?”

 

“That’s not the answer for my question,” Jisoo replied.

 

“That is also not the answer for my question,” Jinyoung replied back.

 

Jisoo pouted, she feels like the joke he made wasn’t appropriate for this situation, so she didn’t answer him back.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry,” Jinyoung realized the changes in her face. “But I do love you. So I think you need to understand if I love you, I will do anything for you.”

 

“Not me, us,” Jisoo talked softly, trying to get her point across.

 

“Yes, yes. Us.” Jinyoung chuckled. “And since we need to talk about that, I need to sleep with you in my arms tonight, to make sure you’re not leaving me again.”

 

-

 

It’s not only about the or the kiss, rather the caring voice and soft hug Jinyoung gave all night long to her that made that night magical. And Jisoo tries hard to erase every single bad thoughts she had because she doesn’t want to make his trust crumbles.

 

“So, you’re meeting him tonight?” Sang Won asked.

 

“Yeah, he’s picking me up from my apartment.”

 

“Oh, you’re spending the night there?”

 

“No.”

 

“We’ll see about that.”

 

“Stop teasing me,” Jisoo whines.

 

“I feel like I’m living in that time again, when everything is so secretive and cute,” Sang Won smiles a little. “What are you going to do tonight.”

 

“We’re going to talk about some serious issues,” Jisoo stares far to the outside of the car from the side glass. “Don’t worry unnie, it’s going to be a happy end for the both of us.”

 

 

 


Hi everyone! Happy to actually update for part III. Part III is the final part, but don't worry, the story is not going to end that fast yet.