Part I - Chapter 6

Broken Wings

December 2017

 

“Jisoo, are you ready?” Sang Won has been waiting at the entrance of Blackpink’s dorm for almost 5 minutes. She and Jisoo were going to Inkigayo to discuss about their upcoming last performance.

 

“Wait a minute Unnie, I can’t find my shoes.”

 

“Unnie! Your shoes are on my rack!” Jennie screamed out from the kitchen.

 

“Mwo?! Why is it there?” Jisoo ran to the shoe rack near the entrance.

 

“The black boots right? I borrowed it last time. Don’t you remember?” Jennie headed out from the kitchen to witness Jisoo’s little commotion.

                                                                     

“Ah, you should have told me sooner,” said Jisoo. She took out the pair of black boots from the shoe rack.

 

“Okay, let’s get going. You’re going to be late.” Sang Won opened the front door and stepped out.

 

“Bye, Jennie,” Jisoo smiled at Jennie and left.

 

“Bye.”

 

 

“They’re going to talk about the final episode. It’s due next February.” Sang Won drove the car a little faster than usual. “Are you sad?”

 

Jisoo looked at Sang Won smiling. “No. I’m not sad.”

 

“You’re lying,” said Sang Won.

 

“Why would I lie?” Jisoo opened her eyes a bit bigger and stared at Sang Won. “Well, yes. I’m sad because I’m going to miss all of them. But, it’s not something to grieve about.”

 

Sang Won read Jisoo’s face a little. She sighed.

 

“I believe you for this one,” Sang Won got back to the wheel. “Just don’t you dare come at me for comfort.”

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Jisoo greeted as she stepped into the meeting room.

 

“Annyeong Noona,” Doyoung greeted with a smile back.

 

“You’re early. I thought I’m going to be the first one here.” Jisoo smiled at the younger colleague.

 

“Such a funny joke, Noona,” Doyoung grinned. “You’re the last one like usual.”

 

“Eh? Is Jinyoung here already?” Jisoo looked around the meeting room.

 

“He’s out to buy something. Probably your favorite yogurt.” Doyoung flashed a sneaky smile.

 

Yya!” Jisoo whispered to Doyoung with furious eyes.

 

Before Jisoo actually slapped Doyoung, the door opened. Jinyoung stepped in with 3 drinks in his hands.

 

“Oh, you’re here.” Jinyoung noticed Jisoo just as he entered the room. He sat next to Jisoo’s left. “You sit on my seat by the way.”

 

Jinyoung handed her a yogurt, her favorite one, and handed Doyoung a bottle of water.

 

“Gomawoyo, hyung,” Doyoung took the drink from his hand.

 

“Gomawo,” Jisoo said almost a whisper. She put the yogurt on the desk and stared at it.

 

Jinyoung noticed an unusual tone from Jisoo. Before Jinyoung could talk back to her, PD-nim already turned to talk.

 

“Alright guys, thank you for coming today,” Hong PD started the meeting. “As we mentioned before, today we’re going to discuss our final show with you guys.

 

“But, before we talk about this, let me tell you how grateful we are to have the three of you as our MCs. From the bottom of my heart, I sincerely thank you guys.” Hong PD smiled widely and bowed a little. The other staffs in the room also smiled and bowed.

 

The three were startled and bowed to them as well.

 

“That would be the other way around, Noona,” Jinyoung spoke. “We’re the ones who are grateful.”

 

Jinyoung smiled at all the staffs.

 

The Inkigayo staffs were ones of the nicest people Jinyoung ever met. They took care of him and his two co MCs well. Even when Jinyoung, Jisoo and Doyoung made mistakes, all the staffs would laugh away and told them it’s okay. They’d been helping him from day one until today. Jinyoung was really happy.

 

“Jinyoung-ah, you make me blushed,” Hong PD laughed a little. “Thank you for your kindness.”

 

“Na-do, Unnie,” Jisoo cut in.

 

“Me too!” Doyoung also joined.

 

“Hahaha,” PD-nim and the other staffs laughed at the two. “Yeah guys, we get it. Thank you for three of you. Our Sundays are really amazing with you guys.

 

“Anyway,” Hong PD got serious again, “Let’s get back to our main topic of the day.

 

“Jae Chan-ssi, please lead.”

 

“Yes,” Jae Chan, the assistant director started. “As the three of you may know, we proposed already to your agency to let you guys perform together for the final episode.

 

“They agreed and SM will be the one who is responsible for the performance. The main highlight will definitely be the three of you, and then some other dancers from SM will join the performance as well.

 

“The concept for this performance is Farewell Performance. You guys can choose to sing for this one and have more than one dance number to practice. Just like your first performance.

 

“Since you guys will have your own dance number, we would like to hear ideas from you to be included in the performance. Technically, you will produce your solo performances. Afterwards, we’ll let SM representative work with your ideas.”

 

Jae Chan finished the summary and looked at the three MCs, “what do you think guys?”

 

“Sounds cool,” Jinyoung calmly answered.

 

“I think so too,” Doyoung added. “I never choreographed a dance before.”

 

After Doyoung stated his excitement, Jae Chan turned to Jisoo to hear her reply.

 

What people didn’t know, the moment Jae Chan started to talk about their last performance, Jisoo had been thinking about something else.

 

She didn’t realize it before, but February would actually come faster than she’d expected. It’d soon be the last time she could meet with the staffs. She wouldn’t have to wake up every Sunday morning to get her hair done. She wouldn’t have to memorize scripts and songs for the recordings.

 

She wouldn’t be seeing Doyoung’s grins anymore.

 

It’s going to end. Inkigayo. And him.

 

“Jisoo,” Jinyoung nudged Jisoo’s arms.

 

Jisoo startled.

 

“Oh?” Jisoo looked at Jinyoung.

 

“Are you okay?” Jinyoung asked. “Jae Chan Hyung was asking your opinion about the performance.”

 

Jisoo stared at Jinyoung. She didn’t really listen to what Jae Chan had said. She panicked and looked away.

 

Noona,” Doyoung talked, “were you thinking about food again? It’s not even lunchtime.”

 

The staffs laughed a bit at Doyoung’s joke. Jisoo laughed a bit as well. Thank you, Makanengi, Jisoo thought.

 

“You got me there Doyoung-ah. I forgot to eat breakfast today,” Jisoo grinned. “Sorry Jae Chan Oppa.”

 

“Seriously Jisoo-ya,” Jae Chan looked at her understanding. “Do I have to repeat everything?”

 

“No, it’s okay,” Jisoo got her eyes widen. “I got it. We’re going to choreographed our dances right?”

 

Though she didn’t listen to most of what Jae Chan said, she thanked herself for hearing what Doyoung said before.

 

“That’s right. What do you think?” Jae Chan asked.

 

“I think it’ll be great. The fans will love it.”

 

 

The meeting ended a little after 12. They got lunchboxes and copies of that day’s minutes of meeting to bring home. Jinyoung proposed hip-hop theme for his performance. He wanted to mix his song with an American song to give cool vibes and showing his mature side. On the other hand, Doyoung wanted to tackle new genre, so he chose EDM/pop dance.

 

Meanwhile, Jisoo couldn’t come up with anything. She managed to ask people around her to give her ideas and made it as if she came up with that idea instead. She walked out the room hoping no one would notice her weird behavior.

 

“Jisoo, wait!” Jinyoung yelled at her from behind.

 

Jisoo stopped at her track. Not him. She turned around and smiled.

 

“Hey,” said Jisoo wearing her smile.

 

“Let’s meet up tonight,” Jinyoung leaned in, whispered in her right ear. “Manager hyung will book the room.”

 

Jisoo stayed and looked at Jinyoung’s shoulder in front of her. He smells like citrus, Jisoo thought.

 

“Okay,” Jisoo whispered back. “See you tonight.”

 


 

“I brought chicken wings and tteokbokki.”

 

Jisoo arrived at 11 pm with more than one plastic in her hands. That night, she volunteered to buy food since Jinyoung was the one buying the other night.

 

“You’re late,” Jinyoung stood up and took the plastic from her.

 

“I bought these. I’m not late,” Jisoo defended herself.

 

After three months of dating and eight months of working together, Jinyoung had finally shown his emotion in front of Jisoo. Making angry faces was the one he really loved.

 

“Stop looking at me like that,” Jisoo followed Jinyoung toward the table. “You were never actually angry, you know.”

 

“I might in the future,” Jinyoung talked back in a serious tone.

 

Jisoo and Jinyoung had spent ten nights together in three different hotel for the past couple months due to their managers’ idea. They’re not sleeping together or doing any sort of ual activities, they just need to meet up. They realized after the first month of their relationship, phone calls and messages weren’t enough. They craved for skin ships and longer conversation. So they came to consult with their manager.

 

Cars and parks were no-nos. So were their dorms. They needed somewhere safe and secure so people wouldn’t notice them. Therefore, with the help of Jinyoung’s manager, they found these hotels that weren’t far from their dorms, had secret passages and affordable enough for the two of them. 

 

“But, I don’t want you to get mad at me,” Jisoo pouted.

 

Jinyoung looked back over his shoulder. He snickered.

 

Jinyoung took out the boxes from the plastic and laid them on the table. He sat on the floor and started to open the box.

 

“You only bring 2 boxes? I don’t think it’s enough for the two of us?” Jinyoung looked up at Jisoo.

 

“I’m not eating,” Jisoo joined Jinyoung on the floor and sat beside him. “It’s late and I have schedule tomorrow.”

 

Jisoo took out a pair of chopstick and handed them to Jinyoung. As she faced Jinyoung, she noticed he’s looking at her intensely.

 

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?” Jisoo asked. “Let’s eat.”

 

Jinyoung leaned in and whispered, “I want to kiss you first.”

 

 

 

 

 


Happy Saturday for everyone. The update is up again. This time, I'm bringing more intimacy to the couple.
Yes, everyone can expect more from them.