Part II - Chapter 9

Broken Wings

“Wha Jinyoung-ah, you really was amazing last night.”

 

“I didn’t do anything amazing last night, hyung.”

 

“You did, you met Jisoo.”

 

 

The rest of the night went by so quickly after Jinyoung bid his goodbye to Jisoo. He was eating, drinking and chatting away until it’s time for him to leave the crowd. This morning, as he took care of his clothes, Lee Seung Hoon, GOT7’s ex-manager, came. Bringing him a basket of fruits and flowers.

 

“Why are you bringing that up?” Jinyoung eats another bite of apples from his bowl.

 

“Well,” Seung Hoon snickers, “you still like her, right?”

 

Jinyoung gives a judging look to his ex-manager and puts down his fork slowly.

 

“No, I’m over her.”

 

Seung Hoon studies his face and recalls the pasts.

 

He took care of Jinyoung and Jisoo years ago. Finding different hotels for the two of them, asking Jisoo’s manager for available nights even buying foods in the middle of the night just to make sure they didn’t leave the room. He wasn’t a manager, he literally a dad raising two different groups at that time.

 

Jinyoung would consult with him about the dos and don’ts every time he had problems. He would tell him his worries and asked for solutions. He would tell him how Jisoo’s doing and told him how he missed her every time they went overseas for GOT7’s schedules. Jinyoung might not know, but Seung Hoon knew how crazy in love Jinyoung was about Jisoo.

 

“Really?” Seung Hoon crosses his hands in front of his chest and stares at him.

 

“Yeah, hyung,” Jinyoung stares deeply, “I’m over her years ago. I told you about it. She moved on, so did I.”

 

“That’s the thing, Jinyoung-ah. She moved on, so you chose to move one. But as far as I see it, you never really moved on from her.”

 

“How could you assume that I never really moved on?”

 

“Did you talk to her last night?” Seung Hoon asks him.

 

Jinyoung averts Seung Hoon eyes and looks at the trophy he received last night at his bookshelf.

 

“I did,” Jinyoung looks back at Seung Hoon, “I congratulated her.”

 

“Just that?” Seung Hoon tilts his head.

 

“I don’t know what you wanted me to say, hyung. I congratulated her and that’s it.” Jinyoung sticks another apple to his fork and eats it.

 

“Jinyoung-ie,” Seung Hoon calmly speaks, “I can tell you’re lying. You always have this weird habit if I bring up Jisoo. You’ll avert my eyes and start to rub your nape.”

 

Jinyoung startles and stops his hand that has been on his nape for a few seconds now.

 

“Please tell me exactly, what kind of interaction you had with her? I know you missed her since you realized she was absent from the previous events.”

 

“I didn’t miss her. I was asking you if she really was busy or trying to avoid me.” Jinyoung bites his lips and makes a sad look.

 

“You do realize we’ve been ignoring each other for years, right? And we’ve never been into the same event other than music shows after the breakup.” Jinyoung puts his elbows on the table and relaxes his shoulder, “I thought I could see her after all these years.

 

“I only found out about her being nominated as I attended the Critic’s. It was somehow nerve wrecking, you know. I was searching for words to say to her. But she didn’t show up that night. And the following nights, in Baeksang and Blue Dragon.

 

“It’s weird. You would also think that way, right?” Jinyoung asks for assurance. “She won that night, she won everything. It such an absurd thing if you miss getting those awards with your own hand.

 

“I didn’t miss her, I was just curious,” Jinyoung takes his fork again and stabs an apple a bit furious this time.

 

“So, after being that curious, you only congratulated her?” Seung Hoon stares at Jinyoung without a grin and a smile this time. The look his ex-manager is showing somewhat scary.

 

“Hyung, what do you want?” Jinyoung pleads.

 

“I want you to spill the truth,” Seung Hoon asks with a demanding sound. “Even I got a heart attack seeing her last night on my TV. I’m pretty sure you did something worse than me.”

 

Jinyoung never acknowledges this until today, but Seung Hoon hyung probably understands him better than Jinyoung understands himself. He sighs.

 

“I followed her to the restroom, touched her cheek, grabbed her hand and gave my jacket,” Jinyoung answers flatly.

 

“You did what?” Seung Hoon’s eyes are now in shock and wide open. “How the hell did you do that?”

 

“As you said, I did worse than you. My heart beat faster the moment I saw her face. It’s been years since I saw her in the eyes, I wasn’t prepared.

 

“She was there, standing in front of me, avoiding every eye contacts I gave to her. I thought it’s over after all these years. It’s time for her to forgive me, right? Yet, she kept showing her disgusted look every time she noticed my presence. I was furious and the next thing I knew, my ing hand took over my actions.”

 

Jinyoung pauses and inhales. “She was beautiful last night. She wore that revealing dress as if asking me to rip them apart. She showed a side of her neck and every inch of her waist. I went mad last night not to touch her.”

 

Jinyoung grabs the side of his hair and catches more breaths. Seung Hoon startles and tries to slow his heartbeats for a moment. He was right, Jinyoung still a damn fool if it comes to Jisoo.

 

“Again, you were right. I never moved on.”

 

Seung Hoon catches Jinyoung’s eyes. They were sad, and his heart telling him to take action.

 

“How about you take her back?” Seung Hoon gives the question Jinyoung never imagines will come out from his ex-manager’s mouth. “It’s been ten years. I count. Don’t you think it’s time for the two of you to create a real relationship?”

 

 

Jisoo wakes up the next day with a pain in her chest. She told her manager to leave her alone for a couple days to regain her spirit back. Meeting, speaking and touching Jinyoung confused her heart so much, she feels like the world is going to burst. 

 

Last night brought up what Jisoo thought has gone, her messy heartbeats, which she used to feel every time Jinyoung gets close to her. And the worst part is, she doesn’t hate it, she misses them.

 

Jisoo glances at Jinyoung’s jacket in front of her wardrobe. No one asked her about the jacket last night. She took it with her and hanged it clueless. What is she supposed to do with the damn jacket? There is no way she will meet him again.

 

Jisoo feels like shutting off from anyone, anything to be precise. She left her cellphone in the kitchen, her trophy in the bathroom and her dress in the living room. She doesn’t want to see anything that will remind her of him.

 

“Ding dong.”

 

She sure hears it right, it’s her doorbell, and she feels like cursing.

 

“Argh! Can someone let me be alone like seriously?” Jisoo grumbles and stands from her bed.

 

She walks to her intercom in the pantry and checks the monitor. She’s ready to ignore whoever coming and pretends as if she isn’t in her house. She leans in and freezes the moment she sees the image on her intercom.

 

The person who is standing in front of her door is definitely a man. He wears a beanie and a mask covering his nose and mouth. Yet, she can tell from the tired eyes and hairs on the side of his cheek it is him. The man she’s been trying to forget since last night.

 

“It’s me, Park Jinyoung,” Jisoo is shocked to hear his voice from the speaker. “I know you’re in there. Your manager told me you won’t be anywhere except your house today.”

 

Her eyes widen open. How dare her manager betray her like this?

 

“If you don’t open now,” Jinyoung continues, “someone will find out about me here and you’ll be in a big trouble. Because I’m not going anywhere until you open this door.”

 

She gasps and closes . Is he threatening her?

 

Jisoo fidgets from where she stands and calculates all the possibilities she has in her hand right now. If she opens the door, she needs to talk to him and let him into her apartment. If she doesn’t open the door, he definitely will stay and the chances her neighbor will see him freaks her mind a bit.

 

“Screw this.”

 

Jisoo curses and stumps her way to her front door. She releases a breath and opens the door slowly.

 

“What do you want?” Jisoo asks the moment she sees Jinyoung’s face.

 

“I bring breakfast,” Jinyoung lift his hand that clenches a plastic bag. “Or lunch.”

 

He pulls down his mask, showing his stubby chin and a thin mustache. He grins a bit, showing lines on the side of his eyes. Jisoo’s heart thumps seeing all of it altogether.

 

“And I need my jacket,” he brings his hand back to his side, “I don’t think we wil-“

 

Jinyoung stops and widens his eyes. He suddenly looks away from Jisoo. He clears his throat and looks back at Jisoo's eyes.

 

“You should change your clothes,” Jinyoung says.

 

“Clothes, why should I chan-“ Jisoo stops the moment she lands her eyes on her chest.

 

“Shi-“ she curses and runs from the front door.

 

Jinyoung bites his lips and smiles to himself. This is going to be an interesting day.


 

 

 

Happy weekend everyone! Hopefully, everyone is waiting for this chapter. As I mentioned before, I'm publishing my cover today. I put credit on the foreword page, go check them out.

Part II is up, please enjoy.