Naver Entertainment Article

The Lion Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

04.05.18

Hwasa “Grows Numb” with new single 덤덤해지네 (Be Calm)

Rapper/Singer Hwasa made a surprising return on Monday with the release of her new single “Be Calm”. Written by Hwasa and co-composed with RBW producer Park Woosang, “Be Calm” is poetry in its most raw form.

Described as a song to help those who deal with a sense of “loneliness and depression”, Be Calm touches on the subject of growing numb to such feelings after dealing with hardships of life, love, or both.

Hwasa said she hopes to find healing for herself and for anyone else who listens to the song. It’s been almost two months since the shocking revelation of her relationship with ex Red Velvet member, Jung Wheein.

Hwasa who sat down with us for a brief moment talked openly about her relationship with Wheein and why writing Be Calm was such an important part of her healing process.

“Being outed the way we were hurt so much and in so many ways. I fell for Wheein the moment I saw her; I was and still am deeply in love with her, but losing everything was too much. We broke up. In my heartbreak, I found a sense of ease writing and composing this song. It’s a gift to my fans, Lion Cubs, and a gift to myself.”

Hwasa also mentioned that she will not be promoting the song on any music shows and hopes that people will just listen to it.

The music video for the song was shot around her neighborhood and cost only a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter