Radio Show Interview

The Lion Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hwasa was invited to attend the broadcast of MBC FM4U's Kim Shin Young's Noon Song of Hope radio show. Listeners tuned in via radio or online for the live show.

Despite all the practice Hwasa did with her manager, she couldn’t help but to be nervous. Still, she showed a big smile on her face, answered all the questions asked of her, and impressed with her live performance and covers.

 

The Interview

 

Shinyoung: Welcome back everyone to Kim Shinyoung’s Noon Song of Hope; this week’s special guest is someone who debuted just a few days ago and is becoming a hot topic online for her rapping, singing, composing and outstanding stage presence. Please welcome Hwasa!

Shinyoung clapped and cheered alongside the soundboard clip that welcomed Hwasa. Hwasa smiled at the radio host as the camera panned to her.

Hwasa: Thank you for having me! I’m very excited to be here.

Shinyoung: Is this your very first radio show appearance? I know you were an underground rapper for a while and there is a show that features artists from the underground.

Hwasa: Yes, it is my first radio show appearance. Unfortunately, I was never invited to that show during my underground days.

Shinyoung: Well I’m glad to be part of your first experience! Now, your song My Heart has been blowing up in the charts especially after you debut on SBS’s Inkigayo. It has topped on Melon at number 20 now which is really good for a rookie artist.

Hwasa: *giggled* Yeah; I’m honestly very surprised how high it has gotten on the charts and the positive reviews and comments I’ve gotten. I’m very grateful to my fans and everyone who is supporting me. Thank you Lion Cubs!

Shinyoung: Lion Cubs? Is that your fandom name? It is very rare for an artist who just debuted to have a fandom name already. Where did this come from?

Hwasa: Prior to my official debut, the few fans I had as an underground artist said that I was as fierce as a lion. They started calling me Hwalion and since I’ve always related to this animal as well; I lovingly started calling my fans Lion Cubs as I feel like a mother to all of them.

Shinyoung: You could say you’re their Lion Queen. *laughs*

Hwasa: *laughs* I had a fan shout Queen at me once and I kind of adapted that too!

Shinyoung: Aside from being a Lion, some people are saying you’re quite fatal. I have to agree with them. You have a very y aura about you. Do you present yourself like this on purpose to win people’s hearts?

Hwasa: *chuckles* Honestly, I don’t ever intend to be fatal. As a performer, I feel like you should always show confidence on stage and that’s what I go for. I guess the y part comes with that.

Shinyoung: You will definitely win a lot of men’s hearts with your y image.

Hwasa: *chuckle* I hope to win everyone’s hearts with my music and not just looks.

Shinyoung: Your music and talent is more important. How do you think I made it as a radio host and MC?

Hwasa: You’re very funny unnie! But you’re beautiful too!

Shinyoung: *laughs* Thank you! I’m very flattered. We will be right back!

With the first segment down, Hwasa felt more relaxed and comfortable. She was excited for the next segment which would include a live radio performance of her debut single.

Shinyoung: We’re back~ We’ve been talking to one of the hottest rappers at the moment, Hwasa! Now, Hwasa are you ready for your first live performance on radio?

Hwasa: Yes, I’m ready.

Hwasa performed her single flawlessly and impressed everyone in the studio, especially Shinyoung.

Shinyoung:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter