Seven'

She's Got Me Swingin'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seven:

 

 

 

I went to school earlier than most students again, excusing to Baekhyun that I had some urgent club work to do. I knew her class so I rushed but fortunately saving time I found her strolling in the third hall. I walked with heavy steps and tapped her on the shoulder, very prepared for this. She turned around and had that amused look on her face as if she had been expecting me.

“Return my ball.” I said, not breaking the eye contact.

“What ball?” she smirked.

“Return my ball or compensate. It must be around a good amount considering it was from one of Nexon Heroes’ best matches. Or,” I folded my arms, “apologize for the harassment.”

She scoffed, now folding her own arms and intimidating me by stepping closer. “First of all, you were clearly enjoying the kiss that day so what about any harassment?” she raised a brow. “And secondly, since you claim we’ve never met before…the incident never happened, did it?” she finished smoothly and my jaw dropped.

I tried to remain calm and cool but you know what, to hell with that! “GIVE ME MY BALL!” I yelled but it came out as a whine and she laughed.

“You’re behaving just like that day. Poor Dahyun,” she pouted for me and whispered, “the ball was never yours.”

Sana stepped back and turned to leave, having an aura of victory, and my brain was getting jampacked for good comebacks but nothing came out.

“Stop right there, First Kiss!” Oops.

Why do worse embarrassing moments happen when you’re trying to get rid of an already embarrassing situation?

I bit the inside of my cheek. “I meant…Sana.” She smirked. And damn it did I want to punch that smirk away.”Oh, forget it!” I began leaving, not having the confidence to handle this situation anymore. Even after I had practiced this argument in the mirror all night.

“Dahyun,” she called and I turned faking a frown.

“What?”

She stared at me with an expression that was very new. Very sincere and very talkative. She was saying something, except I haven’t learned any eye-to-eye language yet.

“Will you say something or not?” I said instead and it caught her off-guard. Well….that was one point for me!

“Umm…nothing.”

I raised a brow. “Nothing?”

She shook her head and left before I did. She is twisted. I made the same mental note for the umpteenth time and headed back for class, clearly defeated. Some good last night’s sleep wasted.

 

As I was going to my biology period I saw Mina at the cooler, washing her handkerchief. Okay I could win over this bird here atleast. I strolled towards the cooler and drank some cold water, glimpsing at Mina who was doing the same. As I brought the cup closer to sip, I faked a cry of pain and peeked to see her reaction. Guilty. Ahan!

I winced a little more and she turned towards me at last, not making a proper eye contact and fidgeting with her wet cloth.

“Look, I’m sorry.” She said and I bit my cheek to stop the grin that was forming. “That was very indecent of me. I apologize.”

“It’s okay.” I acted out a sad voice. “It’s fine.”

“But…” she stopped and looked sideways before looking back at me, actually seeming miserable. “What you did was wrong too. First you attacked my skirt, and then my shirt that means so much to me.”

“Mina, it wasn’t me either of the times.” I dropped the paper cup and shrugged. “Why would I do that kind of thing to you? What’s in it for me? We barely know each other.” I said and she was getting teary eyed. I pushed my strands behind my ear thinking of this a mistake now. Is she always this extremely emotional? I thought of something that would break this wall of mistrust between us somehow. “Infact, I’m getting my personalized uniform day after tomorrow. You can spray paint or destroy it in any way you want, if that’ll make you feel better.”

She stared at the floor, trying hard to swallow the tears down. “Fine, I’ll believe you.” she said, nodding willingly, “and I’m sorry.”

Before I could say anything back she rushed to the side of the hallway towards the stadiums wing. I decided to remove the bandage, not wanting to play further with her through this act.

 

 

 

At practice that day Mr. Changmin made us play at beginner level. Kid-level pitching and batting and kid-level running exercises. He said we needed to go through the first steps again to revise basic manners of baseball to begin with. It was ridiculous but no one dared to defy his rule considering how mad he was on us. Hence, at the end of the day we were not tired because of the strength training, but because we had just been so bored.

On the other hand, I was very relieved because position tests were cancelled, sadly, however I got my time to practice enough before the next announcement. I needed some work on my skills and I had to use this opportunity to make the best out of it.

 

Later, instead of leaving for the bus stop, I followed Sana again. She went towards that hidden alley as I suspected and I tip toed closeby but also distant enough to hide. I could see a fabric hanging at the corner of her half-zipped backpack; a bright pink fabric that matched a lot with our uniform’s disgusting color. First Kiss sure walked really quickly with her silent airy steps.

She turned towards the right alley next to the chemistry lab but before I could do so too I received a text that echoed louder than it should have. I cursed and squatted behind one of the AC generators. I could feel Sana stop in her tracks and wait meanwhile I put my phone to silent. Eventually she left and I finally let out my held breath.

It was a text from Chaeyoung: Sorry I won’t be able to make it to the movie tonight :(

I sighed and replied: It’s fine xo

I got up, alas having lost her trace by now. I tapped my feet restlessly, undecided if I should try to follow back or not. What can she be doing right now? Was that our uniform in her bag?

“Well…” I puckered my lips out, “why do I care? Hah.”

That’s how I convinced myself to rush back and catch my bus otherwise. As I was leaving, I saw Momo in a corner, very dominantly standing infront of a younger girl, trapping her between her arms. A scene I had seen a lot in dramas. Momo leaned closer to the other girl’s lips and I shamelessly ogled them, my cheeks burning. The other girl saw me and squealed and Momo turned around. I ran closing my eyes and covering my face between my hands, hoping I won’t bump into a wall.

I realized later this could still not be as embarrassing as when I had my first kiss broadcasted live and felt a weird mix of worse and better at the same time. The things I have to go through because of Sana!

 

 

 

I watched some cartoons after dinner to forget about what happened later that day. Phineas and Ferb are really witty. I had brought my blanket

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter