Prologue

She's Got Me Swingin'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Prologue:
 

 

 

Everyone has a unique story of their first kiss. For some it happens as a confession. Some do it in the janitor’s closet. Some try to get it on the first date. Some wait till prom night. My brother, for instance, had his first kiss as a bet. He was young, mischievous and rather too easily hyped up. So he walks up to the prettiest girl in class, asks her what’s that on her lips, and quickly pecks her before she can react. Sure he didn’t know she’ll end up having a crush on him, but Baekhyun says it was an experience to remember.

However, he says my first kiss is the best of all. Because my first kiss was twisted, a little different, and socially damaging. I don’t prefer it to be the best, but it really is an unforgettable experience too.

 

 

 

It happened seven years ago on my tenth birthday. Baekhyun got me surprise tickets to Nexen Heroes vs SK Wyverns. I screamed all morning with the corners of my lips reaching my ears and a gratified older brother giving me cuddly hugs. Mom said she would love to go too but it was a busy day at hospital. Baekhyun made me understand her situation and I felt like letting it go this time. She was trying her best for us even after losing Dad a year ago.

So at evening, I and Baekhyun wore our couple red Nexen Heroes merchandise shirts. They fit us perfectly, making us grin and work a little joy dance. Nothing special but just us swinging our arms in the air in circular motions and then bumping our butts at the end.

 

 

 

“It’s just the beginning.” Baekhyun said, as we waited in line holding large size Pepsi cups. I nodded with another stupid smile. Someday, I would be cheering on him too as he would swing for the team we loved so much. And maybe someday I would be doing the same.

 

 

 

I wanted to thank heavens for this golden opportunity because damn the match was on another level. Run after run and Nexen Heroes seemed like they had already won. The crowd cheered thunderously and the honks blowing right next to me were deafening. Pretty tall women did the cheer routine on the stage i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter