Two'

She's Got Me Swingin'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two:

 

 

 

Without wasting any precious moment I rushed out of my Biology class. School time over. Practice time start. Okay more precisely I just didn’t want to be kicked out of the club just for being late.

When I reached the field wearing possibly the ugliest baseball uniform ever, I received the same agreeing looks from everyone. It really was so bright and odd. The front had hot pink and neon yellow vertical stripes with a cartoonish bright green shark printed on the right chest pocket. Shark was our school’s mascot. The back of the shirt was entirely hot pink with our names and number printed in neon yellow. The pants were left normal white for some reason.

I hadn’t received my customized shirt yet so I wore one spare available with the school tailor. He had two spares for each sport team.

“Hi Dahyun.” Jihyo greeted and I bowed. “You’re early. Is it because Mr. Changmin said so?” she asked blinking her doe sparkly eyes.

“Yes…” I answered and looked around and he was nowhere in sight. Jihyo sighed.

“He says that to everyone to scare them off although he’s always five minutes late himself.” Jihyo told me and motioned me to join the rest who were already standing in a sync line facing her.

Jihyo clapped her hands and did the cheer and everyone repeated after her. “SHARKS WILL UNITE. SHARKS WILL BITE.”

I controlled a snort so badly that I had to bite my cheek. They did this three times and then put their hands on their chest on top of their hearts.

“We’ll defeat the witches this year!” Jihyo yelled with a fist and they roared with enthusiasm. I had heard about the bad blood between Hangang East Sharks and Hangang West Witches from Baekhyun.

This started six years ago when two of the players from each team were best friends but then to make her team win, the friend from West Witches snooped the strategy from East Shark and cheated along her team. East Shark friend felt so devastated with the betrayal that she pledged to make West Witches lose at any cost...except only the opposite has been going on since then. The West Witches always beat our team. Last year they won like East Shark didn’t even try, as if they could predict every move. Defeated each year, the East Shark team players become ever more determined to carry on the great betrayed friend’s vow...only to lose once more. But hey, it keeps them motivated right?

Hangang East Sharks VS Hangang West Witches is also the match with the most sold out tickets. A lot of school kids and even academic faculty and even parents hoard to watch the match every year to enjoy the drama. Apparently at least one player from each team goes home with a bleeding nose.

I shivered with the thought. I need to train to avoid direct punches on the face.

“Okay team, we’re taking a break. Seems like Mr. Changmin is going to do twenty minutes today too.” Jihyo informed and everyone grinned with so much satisfaction and laziness, falling to the ground like melted ice cream.

I skipped towards the farthest place possible yet staying close enough to let them know I wasn’t avoiding them, which I totally was. They were too pretty for me to collect the guts to talk to. I sat cross-legged and did my breathing exercises. Baekhyun told me to do that whenever and wherever I was if I felt nervous. I closed my eyes and inhaled. Exhaled. Inhaled. Exhaled. Inhaled.

“Hi. Can I sit here?”

I opened one eye to see the same short girl smiling and pointing at the spot right across me. “Yes. Sure.” I grabbed my bag and pushed it to the side.

She sat cross-legged too, smiling some more. “Do you remember me or should I do an introduction again?”

“Uh no… ofcource I remember your name.” I smiled weakly. I didn’t. “Hey, what is that?” I pointed behind her and she turned to look. Chaeyoung I read across her shirt. “Oh nevermind, just a trashcan. Chaeyoung, right?” I faked smiling some more.

She smiled back warmly, gratefully. “Yes, Dahyun. Don’t worry though, I wouldn’t tell anyone.”

“Tell anyone what?” I asked raising a brow.

“That you’re Baekhyun’s sister.” She grinned now. My eyes bulged out.

“How did you know?” I whisper asked leaning close.

“By your red hair.” Yeah right, totally logical. There were ton of kids at school with multicolored hair. I raised a confused brow and she added: “And also by the Hyun at the end of both your names.”

Okay now I was really confused. Is she retarded?

“I know you’re thinking that I might be retarded.” She grinned again. Are my thoughts that easy to read? She shook her head and continued. “No, I’m completely sane. And also no, I didn’t figure it out with your hair color or your name. I’ve just stalked him enough to know about his family.”

“Are you a creep?” I asked. She laughed, falling back slightly.

“Not really. But I like to give that impression to keep everyone away. Umm I stalk people to get information on them. It’s sort of a habit, you could say.”

“That’s a very weird habit.” I said and she shrugged like she has already heard that before. Then I smiled. “I like weird. Makes me appear normal.”

“You do look normal. Is there some weird thing about you that I would enjoy knowing?” she asked.

Yeah a girl kissed me in public to take my ball away. No, enough people tease me about it anyway. “Uh I used to take showers with my brother until I turned eleven.” I scrunched my nose and she chuckled.

“That’s not weird. That’s cute.” She then looked at the girls sitting in large divided groups to our right. “I’m friends with everyone, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter