Three'

She's Got Me Swingin'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three:

 

 

 

I knew the moment she stepped back into my life that it will all just get worse. It hasn’t so far…but I’m not going to get my hopes high around her either.

Luckily I didn’t see her at school but when I walked towards the team alignment at practice that afternoon somehow she had to be the person I bumped into. It wasn’t even like I wasn’t watching my way. I walked right towards Chaeyoung waiting for me at the end of the line and I still ended up walking right into her.

She had gotten taller than the first and last time I had ever seen her. Now that’s the part that irritated me the most. She had to lower her eyes to look at me so I felt like she’s looking down on my existence itself. Big glittering eyes blinked and I looked down, sliding past her. She’s like a black cat, I made a mental note, if she crosses your way she’s going to bring bad luck. Baekhyun had told me I often worried about the most irrelevant things at the most ridiculous times. This might be one of them.

Mr. Changmin clapped his hands twice to get our attention. Jihyo was right, he did always take five minutes to arrive. “Good afternoon, team. How are you all feeling today?” he asked and when some of us had just opened our mouths to answer he continued on: “Not that I care about how you’re feeling anyway. We’re going to start with partner routine.” He declared and turned towards unfolding his plastic chair.

“Sir,” Jihyo coughed “you forgot the introduction.”

“What introduction?” he turned and narrowed his brows. Jihyo tilted her head towards Sana and smiled weakly. “Oh! The new recruit. Ah…I won’t pretend that I remember your name so why don’t you step forward and do it yourself?” Mr. Changmin forced a wide smile and encouraged her to stand beside him.

Now Sana had something foxy about her moves. She smiled too much as she stood facing us and bowed, giggling. “My name is Minatozaki Sana. Second-year. I’m good at pitching and my weak point is running.” She pouted which made some girls laugh. I cringed. “But I hope I can be a proud contributor to East Sharks’ victories. Please take care of me.” she almost took a step to return when she stopped and sighed.

She’s going to comment about the uniform. I knew it, don’t ask how, I just knew it.

“Oh and sorry to say but these uniforms are so ugly.” She half pointed at everyone’s clothes and made a face. Everybody exchanged surprised looks.

“You’re honest about your opinions. I like that,” Mr. Changmin scratched his chin in thought and Sana gleamed up with a grin. “Join the rest and we’ll begin the partner routine.”

In the swift two seconds that took her to walk back at her place and me to look away to pretend I hadn’t been staring at her, a majority of the girls changed their places back and forth. I didn’t even know when Mina stood between me and Chaeyoung. My short friend took that same time to hop and stand on my right side.

“Don’t move.” She ordered and avoided looking at Mina whose jaw had dropped in bafflement.

“Okay team. Pair up with the person standing next to you and begin stretching.” Mr. Changmin said lastly as he finally unfolded his chair and sat on it with his legs crossed and cap hanging loosely over his face.

Chaeyoung grabbed my arm and rushed towards the grass field before what I think was an attack, yeah, before I guess Mina had the chance to jump on me.

“What’s going on?” I asked and looked at Sana. She seemed to have the same question on her mind as she curiously watched couples being formed – some with grins and linked arms and some with one girl dragging the other into forced partnership.

“This happens every Sunday and Thursday with partner routine. Momo’s followers all believe, according to her own theory, that clinging to their girl crush will make her realize their true feelings.” Chaeyoung shook her head as she began the stretching first, reaching for her toes.

Now it was easy to tell apart this Momo person’s followers. They were the ones pulling other girls along them with plastered smiles on their faces. The other paired ones just seemed to be good friends, willing to be together. Among them Tzuyu really stood out as she jumped in front of Jihyo with a huge grin. She was trying to be cute to her. Jihyo laughed and it caused Tzuyu’s cheeks to glow and redden.

Chaeyoung turned me around and we locked our arms, backs pressing together. I bend down first and she stretching her back but because she had such a petite frame I ended up lifting her.

“This is so funny,” Chaeyoung laughed with her feet dangling in the air, “I can feel your .”

I laughed along and it was her turn to bend and help me stretch. From my direct vision I saw Mina paired up with Sana and she was facing me, giving me the bloodthirsty looks that I had expected anyway. I could feel her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter