Thirteen'

She's Got Me Swingin'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thirteen:

 

 

 

We arrived earlier the next day to prepare for our plan. My shirt was already missing, so we knew the culprit will return to place it back today and that is when we decided to jump on them. Sana burrowed a tailor store shirt and kept her own at the bench in our changing hall. Chaeyoung went on to inform Mr. Changmin about everything and bring him over to catch the person.

Sana and I swiftly hid behind one of the rows of lockers and waited. Ten minutes had passed but no action yet. Except Sana hugging me from behind and resting her chin on my shoulder, kissing my neck from time to time. I tried to brush her off but she would pout and I’ll give in.

At a minute later, someone opened the door very carefully. We saw a girl tip-toe towards the lockers, what I could identify as my shirt was clutched between her hands and the front of it destroyed with black spray. She dropped it onto one of the benches and looked around to make sure no one was watching. When confirmed, she started checking each locker to see if they could open. She spotted Sana’s shirt in the middle and rushed to it, shoving it into her backpack. Ahan, the culprit indeed.

“Stop right there!” I yelled and step out. The girl jolted and began running back towards the gate.

Sana and I ran behind and managed to eliminate the gap before she could fly off. As soon as she opened the gate, we both grabbed her arms and stopped her right at the exit. We were met with Chaeyoung and Mr. Changmin already waiting outside.

“Irene?” Chaeyoung squealed and I turned to see the person we had caught was none other than our own teammate looking horrified with Sana’s shirt hanging out of her half open bag.

 

 

 

 

We stood in line behind Mr. Changmin’s chair with Irene infront of us, still looking at the floor out of humility. The coach just tapped his fingers, waiting for her to open up first. We three just glared.

“I’m…I…” she tried, fidgeting with her skirt.

“Did you do it?” Mr. Changmin asked, his tone cold. She nodded, unable to look us in the eyes. “I need to hear it.”

“I…admit. I did it.” She stuttered.

“Why?” I couldn’t take it anymore and ended up blurting it out in a disappointed voice. “Why to us? Your own team?”

She stayed quiet and Mr. Changmin cleared his throat. “We need the explanation, Irene. You’re not going to step out unless you reveal the reason behind the vandalism.”

“The West…” she said, now hopping from one leg to other uncomfortably, “offered me. They offered me a spot in the team if I cooperated.”

“To ruin our uniforms?” Sana asked this time and Irene simply nodded. “Why? Why do you want to join our nemesis?”

She stayed silent and when a minute or so had passed Mr. Changmin sighed. “Irene, answer us.”

“Because they’re better!” she finally looked up, eyes teary but angry. “Because it’s been six years and East has only been defeated. I have some dreams too…and I just don’t see myself getting anywhere if I stay with you. West seemed like good opportunity.” She finished and wiped her cheeks that were beginning to soak. No matter what she said, she regretted it. Her face screamed so.

Mr. Changmin rubbed his temples and brought out his notepad, scribbling down a report beginning with Irene’s name. “I think you’re not going to get anywhere at all now. What you did was extremely immoral and downright an exploitation of school rules and property. The only thing I can do for you is prevent you from being expelled.”

It was over for her, wasn’t it? I didn’t justify her actions but…I was feeling bad for her right now.

“Bae Irene, you are removed from the baseball team and will not be allowed to join any Hangang East High sports club in the future. You will also issue a public apology to the baseball team and compensate for the expense of all the uniform shirts you have damaged. I will ask you to leave now.”

Irene cried. She took slow steps backwards, hands covering her face. My heart sank at her condition. But I guess…she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter