Ch.2

Getting Friendly (previously A Friendly Wind) [Done Re-edit]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Here you go again!" Hyemi grunts. She pushes her breakfast away and leaves the dining table. Hee Ae follows her and tries to grab her hands but Hyemi pulls it away. 

"Hyemi!" she calls her. Hyemi turns around with an angry face. "I want you to come back with me to-" 

"I don't want it! Why should I? I have a life here, mom! If you want to go back to Korea, I can accompany you. Help you to settle down. But I'm not going to leave London and live in Korea. This is my home!" Hyemi said. Hee Ae blinks her eyes a few times. She's feeling sad to parts with her younger daughter if she's really want to stay in London. 

"Hyemi-ah, please listen to me." 

"Mom. I'm just going to listen to you if you agreed to not talk with me about moving to Korea." Hee Ae sighs and walks to her bedroom. She feels upset with Hyemi's action. A guilty feeling suddenly crawls inside her when she sees her mom leave her just like that. She walks slowly to the bedroom with a heavy sigh. 

"Mom?" 

"I'm old, Hyemi-ah! I want to die with my family on my land. Korea! I want to die next to my husband, my child! Is that so hard for you to understand?" Hee Ae lashes out. Hyemi is surprised. "It's about time for me to rest in my country. Cook for my husband, for my family. Travel with my family. I'm living here in London because of my work. Now that my work is done, and I'm retiring for this work, I'm going back." Hee Ae grabs her scarf and coat then push Hyemi aside to walk out from the room. Hyemi follows her. 

"Mom?"

"I don't care if you are staying or leave with me. If you don't love me, then stay here!' Hee Ae opens the door and left the house. She's slamming the door and makes Hyemi jolted up. She sighs and palms her face. She takes a seat on the chair with her eyes closed. She's confused. She's obviously want to stay but she doesn't want to disappoint her mother. But now, she thinks she did really hurt her. 

Hyemi waits for her to return home and past midnight, the door is heard. Hyemi rushes to the door and looks at her mom. Hee Ae is surprised to see Hyemi stands there looking at her. 

"What?" she said while walk past her. Hyemi sighs in relief. She turns around. 

"I'm going with you to Korea." Hee Ae turns around with big eyes. She is surprised. She runs towards Hyemi and grabs both of her hands.

"Are you serious? Oh my!" Hee Ae is happy. Hyemi squinted her eyes. 

"But to accompany you back to Korea," Hyemi told her. Hee Ae stops her action of rubbing her daughter's hands. "I'm staying in London. I'll visit you guys for a special occasion. Like usual. I can't fully move to Korea for no reason. I don't know if I can live there like I live here. So I hope you understand me, mom." as soon as Hyemi finish says that, she pats her mom's shoulder with a bitter smile then walks to her bedroom to sleep. Hee Ae froze in the middle of the hallway. She smiles but a heavy sigh is heard also. 

The next morning, Hee Ae did a video call with Hyejin and told her everything. Hyejin feels relieved to hear that even though the bad news is they still can't living together after this. Hyemi will fly back to London to continue her life. 

"It's okay, mom. At least she'll be back for a special occasion." Hyejin tries to calm down her mother's emotions. 

"But it will be nice if everyone is there. You, daddy, me, her." Hee A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter