Ch.12

Getting Friendly (previously A Friendly Wind) [Done Re-edit]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, everyone is in the living room. Hyejin gathers all of them and Hyemi stays next to her sister. She holds her sister's hands as her life depends on her. Hyo Seob looks at Hyemi and Hyejin in turns before relief a heavy sigh.

"I need to tell you something, Appa," Hyejin said. Hyo Seob looks at Hyejin and nods his head. Giving her permission to tell him. Hyemi looks at her sister before clench her fist to hold her sister's hands tightly. Hee Ae lifts her head to see Hyejin. 

"Jung Ah Ahjumma..." Hyejin gulped her saliva. 

"I don't have anything with her. She's just my colleague." Hyo Seob said before Hyemi starts to accuse him again. Hyejin shakes her head. 

"I know that, Appa. I know you don't have an affair with her." Hee Ae holds her husband's hands before Hyo Seob puts his arms around her shoulder. Hyemi feels guilty seeing the kinship between her parents. 

"Jung Ah Ahjumma... once told me that she likes you, Appa." Hyo Seob eyes widen and Hee Ae gasped. Hyejin sighs. "We went to drink together and she told me while drunk. I don't know if she remembers it or not." 

"Why don't you tell me this earlier?" Hyo Seob ruffles his hair. Hyemi bites her lips. 

"I don't know what to say to you and we've known each other for a long time. So I don't want to make things get awkward." Hyejin said. Hee Ae frowns. "She's a nice person so maybe-" Hee Ae stands up suddenly and it surprised three of them. 

"Let me meet her and ask her about this." 

"Omma, no," Hyemi said. Hee Ae looks at her. 

"She makes you leaving, Hyemi-ah. I don't want any homewrecker in this house." Hee Ae said angrily. Hyo Seob gets up and holds his wife's shoulder. 

"Yeobo, I don't have any feeling towards her. She...She's the one that likes me." Hyo Seob told her. Hyejin nods her head. 

"Omma, I know Appa did not have any feelings-" 

"How can you know?" Hee Ae said that to Hyejin. She's frozen. Hee Ae looks at his husband. "I bet she's giving you a hint before I get back here and you still..." Hee Ae starts to cry. Hyemi hugs her mom immediately. Hyo Seob sighs and palms his face. 

"Omma, let's Appa settle this by himself. I bet Appa didn't like her like she likes Appa. Please?" Hyemi persuades her mom. Hee Ae pushes her away and walks away from the group. Hyemi sighs. Hyejin gets up and looks at her mom. 

"I'm going to meet Jung Ah Ahjumma and end this ." 

"No Hyejin! Let me meet her and settle this." Hyo Seob offers to do that as he feels this is like his responsibility. 

"But Appa-" 

"Call her here," Hyemi said firmly. Hyo Seob and Hyejin look at her. "Call her to come here and we talk." they nod and Hyemi grabs her mom then brings her upstairs. Hyejin pats her dad's shoulder. 

"I'm sorry for not telling you this sooner. I didn't know it will affect our family like this." Hyo Seob smiles and her hair. 

"It's okay, Hyejin. It's for our family anyway." 

The next day, Hyo Seob is preparing himself to meet up with Jung Ah in this house. They are all waiting for Jung Ah. Hee Ae is waiting upstairs as she can't face Jung Ah after she knew the truth. Hyemi crossing her arms and leans on the wall near the stairs. Hyejin keeps rubbing her hand in nervousness while sitting down near the piano at the corner of the living room. 

When they heard the doorbell, everyone's eyes are on the monitor screen. Hyemi walks to the monitor screen and checks. It is Jung Ah and she lets her in. Then, she walks to the door and opens the door for her. Jung Ah that just turns around from closing the gate, surprised to see Hyemi's figure at the door. She smiles and walks normally to the door. 

"Hi Hyemi-ah." she tries to be polite. 

"Appa is inside." she cuts her off totally. Jung Ah smiles nervously before entering the house and sees Hyejin at the corner with Hyo Seob standing in the middle of the living room. Hyemi closed the door and walks to the stairs. She leans on the wall and ogled at Jung Ah. Hee Ae peeks for the fence and hides as she is afraid to confirm the truth. 

"Oppa. Hyejin, hi." Hyejin nervously waves and smiles. Jung Ah walks to Hyo Seob. "Where is Unni?" Jung Ah refers to Hee Ae. Hee Ae heard that and just closed her eyes. 

"Jung Ah, please have a sit." Hyo Seob said. Jung Ah feels nervous about the whole situation. She looks back and can see Hyemi is glaring at her. When she's facing forward, she can see Hyejin is looking at her but hiding behind the piano. Hyo Seob clears his throat and Jung Ah look at him. 

"Oppa, what is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter