Ch.11

Getting Friendly (previously A Friendly Wind) [Done Re-edit]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyemi can feel the glare from Hyejin in the car. After Jaeyoung brought her to the cafe, the cafe becomes busier and Hyejin asks her to wait for a while. After an hour and plus, the cafe finally slows down and Hyejin brings her to the car to talk with her. This is a family matter so it shouldn't be discussed openly. Hyemi gulped her saliva as she is feeling nervous in this situation. She knows what she did is wrong but deep inside her heart, she can't ignore the thoughts of her dad cheating with his colleague. 

"Unni, can you say something?" Hyemi looks at her sister. Hyejin has been glaring at her for almost 5 minutes. Hyemi didn't feel comfortable about that. Hyemi sighs. "I know what I did is wrong but... you should see them. This is a second time I caught them being together in a house." Hyemi tries to explain the thoughts that she's having. Hyejin flips her hair and sighs. 

"I know you are mad at me. But can you at least say something?" Hyejin looks outside of her car which is the basement. "Unni?" 

"Jung Ah Ahjumma likes Appa," Hyejin said. Hyemi clenched her fist as she didn't know how to react. "I found out when we went to drinks together." Hyejin turns tp face Hyemi. 

"So you knew?" Hyemi frowns. 

"But I don't think she is brave enough to confess to Appa and... have a relationship," Hyejin said in unsure tone at the end of her sentence. Hyemi scoffs. 

"Obviously she's dared to tell Appa. She tries to flirt with him in his study room." Hyemi said. Hyejin sighs. She closed her eyes for a while. "Appa is not that fool to not notice her hint. Am I right? If we can get the hint, Appa also can." 

"But I know Jung Ah Ahjumma. She won't do to that."

"What makes you so sure that she won't do that?" Hyemi tries to convince her sister. Hyejin flips her hair backward as she didn't know what to think about this. "Unni, please trust me." 

"Hyemi-ah, I'm going to ask Appa. Okay, we need to discuss this with Appa face to face." Hyemi grunts in disappointment with Hyejin's answer. Hyejin looks at her. "Then what else you suggest us to do? This is about our parents marriage, Hyemi-ah. If we do something that can break their marriage, Omma will go back to London." Hyemi frowns at Hyejin. 

"Is that what you are worried about? You are afraid of Omma going back to London?" Hyejin looks away. "Unni! Are you afraid of that? Unni!" 

"Yes! I don't want to be apart with Omma anymore. I miss her. If we accuse Appa of something that we are not sure of, it can hurt Omma and I don't want that!" Hyejin said. 

"So it is fine for me? If Appa cheated on Omma, why should Omma stay? She should get a divorce." Hyemi suggest. Hyejin looks at her in furious. 

"Divorce? How can you say that like it was nothing? Divorce means separated. Omma and Appa will be separated. You want that?" Hyejin faces her. 

"If Appa is truly cheated on Omma, then yeah. I think they should be separated permanently." Hyemi told Hyejin without hesitation. "Omma deserve better than that. She lives in London alone for the past two decades and she'll be fine." Hyejin gasped. She gets out of the car. Hyemi that shocked with her sister's action, step out of the car as well. She walks to her sister. 

"Unni!" 

"She's not fine! She misses me and Appa! We video call almost every day, Hyemi-ah. You don't know how long she waits to come back here. You don't know how much she misses here." Hyejin said to her face. Hyemi gritted her teeth. She knows her mom's desperation to come back here during the last few days they are in London. Her mom keeps talking about what's special in Korea, what's best in Korea, and what's she misses the most in Korea. 

"You cannot take that away from her just because you're the one that wants to go back to London." Hyemi sighs. Hyejin smirks. "Yeah, I know you hated here. You don't want to be here. Now, you want to make a scene and take her back from me? No way, Hyemi-ah. I won't let you do that." Hyejin turns around to go back to the cafe but then she stops and turns to face her again. 

"If you want to go back to London, you can leave. But don't take Omma away from me." Hyejin said in an angry tone and it upsets Hyemi. Her eyes fill with tears and when Hyemi blinks, the tears drop to her cheeks. Hyejin left the basement and Hyemi wipes her tears. She walks out from the basement to the nearest bus stop. She didn't know where to go. After almost half an hour, she cries at the bus stop, she walks around and sees a motel. She walks into the check-in and paid the room. She gets into her room and locked the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter