Ch.8

Getting Friendly (previously A Friendly Wind) [Done Re-edit]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After drives away from the scene, they didn't say anything until they arrived at the grocery store. Hyemi already texting Hyejin to tells her that they are on their way to the grocery store. Once Jaeyoung is done with the parking, Hyemi grabs her purse but Jaeyoung stops her from getting out of the car. She looks at him with a question face 

"What?" 

"What happened just now?" Hyemi giggles. 

"I'm sorry if I'm too much. I just want to help." Jaeyoung looks at her. "Based on whatever I see, it seems like she is your ex and I need to get her off from you." Hyemi continues. 

"But I didn't say anything to you." Jaeyoung still gathers around the situation. 

"Jaeyoung-ah." Hyemi sits properly to face him. "Before I come here, I found out that my boyfriend is cheating on me with who, I don't want to know. He tries to talk with me about it but I don't want to know. So I pissed off and I said that I'm going to Korea. That's why I decide to follow my mom. So the break up wasn't a month yet." 

"She did cheat on me," Jaeyoung muttered to himself but she can listen. 

"What happened actually with you and her?" Jaeyoung sighs and palm his face. "If you don't want to tell me, it's okay. But I stand up for you so please, ignore her. Act like you don't know her if you bump in the streets. She's-" 

"A bad person. I know. Miyoung told me about her cheating on me before but I didn't listen. I was so in love with her. Until I caught her sleeping with someone else in her home. I left and fight a couple of times until I decided to just end this. But every time she calls me, I just..." he sighs again. 

"You need to forget her, Jaeyoung-ah." Jaeyoung nodding his head. "Don't just nod your head, say something promising for yourself to hear and remember." 

"I promise that I'll ignore, forget about her. I won't be running to her anymore." Hyemi smiles proudly. "As long as you are here with me, I think I can do it." she can feel the butterfly in her stomach again when Jaeyoung said that softly. He smiles at her and gets out of the car. She did the same when Jaeyoung calls her. They bought the grocer store after a few hours of picking and queuing in the line. Then, Jaeyoung drives to the cafe and they take the grocery out from the car. That time, the closing time is almost near. When they enter the kitchen, Jisung caught them. 

"Yah, Jaeyoung-ah. Why are you so late?" Jisung slaps his back. Hyemi shows the pain expression and gives the plastic bag to Jaeyoung. 

"I'll tell you later. Do your job." Jisung shakes his head. "Hyemi-ah, I'll get this. You must be tired. You can rest now." 

"No, it's okay. I'll help you." Hyemi takes some stuff out of the plastic bag. Jaeyoung smiles from the offer. Suddenly, Hyejin storms into the kitchen and glared at them. 

"Is my car okay?" both of them turns their head. "Are you both okay?" 

"Noona, I'm sorry. I-" 

"It's okay. Hyemi told me everything already. Aigoo, this stupid tall man" Hyejin sighs and left. Hyemi cough intentionally and cleared her throats. Jaeyoung looks at her. 

"Sorry," she said. He sighs and just continues the job. After they are done, Jaeyoung's phone suddenly receives a notification saying that he received a call but there isn't any ring. He checks and it was from the blacklisted number. 4 times Seohyun calls her. 

"If you call or text her back-" Hyemi turns to him. Jaeyoung waits for her to finish the sentence. "-I'll make sure to embarrass her even more." Jaeyoung eyes widen open. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter