Ch.14

Getting Friendly (previously A Friendly Wind) [Done Re-edit]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ONE YEAR LATER

Hyemi gets down from the cab. She looks around meanwhile her taxi driver helps her brings out her luggage from the car boot. She said thanks and the taxi driver drives away to find his next customer. Hyemi smiles as she rings the doorbell at the gate. After a minute, she raised her eyebrows as there is no one that answering the doorbell. She goes to the big gate and trying to see the inside of the house. Then she rings the doorbell again. Still, no one is answering. Hyemi sighs. She looks around and bites her lips. She wants to surprise her family but this is definitely not what is in her mind.

She drags her luggage back to the main road. She walks into a cafe and orders her drinks. She waits for her order and finds her seat when the drink is ready. She sits down with heavy sighs. She opens her phone and trying to dial her sister's number but she shakes her head after. She wants it to be a surprise. She opens her laptop and starts doing her job as she's thinking, she'll wait until her father and sister reached home after work. 

When the sky turns dark, Hyemi lifts her head and smiles. It's time for her to get back to her home. She closes the laptop and gets up from her seat to leave the cafe. She drags the luggage back to her home and smiles widely when she sees her house filled with light. Someone is in the house now. Hyemi rings the doorbell and after that, she's heard a door being open. The gate is open and when she pushed it open, her mother and sister are waiting for her at the stairs of the entrance porch. 

"Omma! Unni!" she yelled and ran towards them. Her sister and mother also running towards her and they shared a hug. Not long after, her dad coming out from the door with a wide smile. Hyemi noticed and running towards her father. She hugs him tightly. 

"Aigoo, my daughter is home!" Hyo Seob said. SHe her hair. Hee Ae and Hyejin hug her from behind and they become a complete family. After settling down, Hyemi heard a noise at her bedroom door. She knows her family is waiting for her to come out. Hyemi opens the door and chuckled when they acting like they didn't care about Hyemi. 

"Come in guys!" Hyemi sits at the bed and Hee Ae follows her. Her dad sits at the window seat. Hyejin sits next to him. 

"Tell me. Are you really staying here for good now?" Hee Ae is asking her the sensitive question. Hyemi nods her head and they shout in happiness. 

"My sister is home!" Hyejin pretends as she shouts to people outside of the window. Hyo Seob slaps her knee. 

"So, how about the house in London?" Hyo Seob asks. Hyemi turns to him. 

"Well, I didn't sell it Omma." Hyemi turns to her mom. "It's our house so I feel like I can't sell this. We can think of that as our vacation house in London. You can bring Omma there for a honeymoon." Hyo Seob being shy with her statement. 

"We can go to another place. I'm bored with London." Hee Ae makes an annoying face. They laughed. 

"It's okay. Leaving a house there it's no harm at all." Hyejin cuts them. "So now tell me, why aren't you replying to my email for past weeks?" Hyejin wonders that and it makes them worried. They almost bought a ticket to London but Hyo Seob holds them back. 

"Well, I'm sorry. I've been pretty busy to settle down everything there. My work, the house, my car. Remember that. I have to sell it at a good price. It wasn't easy to let go of a nice car." Hyemi told them for the whole night, they keep listening to Hyemi's story. When the night gets darker, they all move back to their bedroom. Hyemi holds Hyejin arms, blocking her from leaving the room. Hyejin looks at Hyemi with sleepy eyes. 

"Can you not tell Jaeyoung that I'm back? I'm going to your cafe later to meet him." 

"Are you sure? He'll be happy to meet you soon." Hyejin said. 

"I need time to meet him. Please, Unni." Hyejin looks at her and nods. 

"Now, I need my beauty sleep." Hyejin pushes her aside and walks to her bedroom. Hyemi sighs in relief. The next morning, they all had breakfast together. Then her dad leaving for his work, her mom leaving for her voluntary work, and Hyejin leaving for her cafe. 

"Are you coming today to my cafe?" Hyejin asks. 

"I'll let you know later," Hyemi said and opens the door for Hyejin. Hyejin walks to the door but stops in front of Hyemi. 

"Appa bought you a car. You can go and check it out." Hyejin winks and gives her the key to her new car. Hyemi stunned. Hyejin left and closes the door. Hyemi observes the key before going to the garage. She stares at the car inside the garage. It was the same car as Hyejin but a new model. Hyemi holds back her screams and calls her dad. 

"Appa!" 

"Oh, Hyemi-ah. Did you get the car key?" Hyo Seob asks. 

"Appa, it's beautiful. Thank you!" 

"Hope you like it. Go test drive." 

"Of course I love it. Thank you, Appa! Thank you!" then the call ended. She gets inside the car and touches everything. The smell also has her sister's perfume. It must be her sister trying to check if the car is good as hers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter