Ch.6

Getting Friendly (previously A Friendly Wind) [Done Re-edit]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For a full weeks, Hyemi follows Hyejin to her store. Sometimes to help her but mostly she needs a place to do her job. Their home is fine for her to work alone as her dad will go out to the office in the morning and her mother will stay at home or meet up with her friends. But for Hyemi, the cafe is a comfortable place so she's fine with the noise from customers. Hyemi looks up to see her sister at the counter, asking the customer order. Hyejin always pleased to see her in the corner doing her job. Then she notices Jaeyoung is coming towards her. 

Because she's here almost all the time, she gets closer with them quite fast actually. Miyoung is a cheerful girl and easy to talk with. She did ask Miyoung about her twins and what is the relationship between all of them. Surprisingly, Jisung is Jaeyoung's best friend since elementary school and they live together. Miyoung lives next door of her twin's house with her boyfriend. She did meet her boyfriend once when Miyoung left her smartphone at home and he sends it to her. 

Jaeyoung takes a seat next to her. Hyemi looks at her for a second before focus back on her laptop. He didn't say anything and that makes Hyemi feel uncomfortable. Between three of them, Jaeyoung is the one that she finds hards to get closer. Jisung is a loud person so in a second, they getting to know each other. But Jaeyoung, he's more a quiet person and only talks with her if needed. Hyemi takes a glance for her tail eyes before she jumped out as Jaeyoung clears his throat. Hyemi turns to look at him. 

"Sorry," Jaeyoung said that and play with his phone. Hyemi continues doing her job until Miyougn comes over and sighs. They are having a break between their shifts. Hyemi notices Miyoung's face is not as happy as the day before. Before she can ask, Jaeyoung already opens . 

"Are you okay? I heard the fight last night." Hyemi looks at Jaeyoung then back to Miyoung. Miyoung raises her chin and sighs. 

"He's the one that starts the fight," Miyoung said in a sad tone. 

"What happened this time?" Hyemi frowns. This time? This is not the first time? 

"Well, he said that I've been cheating with some dude that I'm always texting." Jaeyoung tilted his head. "It was from Jackson! Remember, my close friend from college?" Jaeyoung nods his head. His face starts to look worried. "He's just got back from China. He wants to meet up like usual friends hang out. But he's jealous then we fight about it." 

"Is everything okay now?" Hyemi squinted her eyes at Jaeyoung. Obviously not, man!

"I'm going to sleep at your house tonight." Miyoung gets up to the washroom. As soon as Miyoung is gone, Hyemi leans towards Jaeyoung. Jaeyoung is surprised. 

"Is Miyoung always had a fight with her boyfriend?" Jaeyoung eyes widen as her face is closer with his body. Then Hyemi realizes it and backs off. Jaeyoung scoffs. 

"Always. Usually, it ends with Miyoung physically beat up her boyfriend." Hyemi is shocked. "But this time, I know this is Miyoung fault. She knows it too. She just hides it." 

"Why? I mean, Jackson is her friend right? Can't they hang out?" Jaeyoung looks at Hyemi and smirks. 

"Friends with benefits. They couple for a month and decided to break up and just have fun with each other. Friends with benefits type of fun." Hyemi gasped. "I don't like it but Miyoung sounds sincere when with Jackson. That guy ruined her life a lot, to be honest." 

"That means Jackson is not a good friend." Jaeyoung nods his head. 

"But they are like a magnet. They keep attaching to each other. That's why her boyfriend is mad and she's upset for being like that." Jaeyoung stands up. "She promised to herself that she won't easily meet up with Jackson but..." Jaeyoung sighs and left her. Hyemi taps on the table, thinking about something before continue her work. 

Later that day, the store almost closed and Hyejin walks to Hyemi. She didn't realize Hyejin's presence as she is really giving her full attention to doing the work. When Hyejin sits in front of her, then she noticed her. Hyemi looks up and immediately looking around. She frowns. 

"It's dark outside," she said. 

"It almost 9 PM, Hyemi-ah. How's your work?" 

"Almost done. Like 92%?" Hyejin nodded hearing that. It's a relief to see Hyemi getting used to life routine in Korea but she still worried if Hyemi is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter