Ch. 7

Getting Friendly (previously A Friendly Wind) [Done Re-edit]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today, Hyemi decided to just stay at home because her work is done and the client is loving the design like usual. Hyejin already went to the cafe this morning like her normal routine. Her mom is meeting up with her friends and will be back late according to her excitement level. Her dad left to work an hour ago with her mom. She stays in her bedroom and organizes her laptop as she usually will be a bit messy with her folders when doing the job. When the clock strikes at 12 PM, Hyemi looks at the clock and starts to feel hungry. 

She steps out of the bedroom and suddenly heard a giggling sound. Hyemi froze then when she heard the voice of people having a conversation, she starts to move. She steps down in a slow-motion but screamed over when her dad walk passed the stairs. Her dad is shocked to see her. Hyemi fell down on the stairs. 

"Hyemi-ah, are you okay?" her dad catches her arms before she falls down more. Her dad looks at her. Then she caught another person at the end of the stairs. Who is she? Why are she and dad are at home? 

"Who is that?" Hyemi asks him. Her dad brushes away the dust from her looks up and turns around. He smiles. 

"She is my colleague in the office. Come on!" Hyemi walks down with the help of her dad. The woman is smiling towards her but with her worried eyes. Hyemi still curious and thinks badly about them being together in this house. 

"Is she okay?" she asks. 

"Well, she didn't fell down till here so I think it's fine." her dad still observe her if she has any other injury. Hyemi realizes that and pats her dad's shoulder. 

"I'm fine. I'm just surprised. I thought no one at home." Hyo Seob looks at her and trusts her. He then grabs her hands and brings her to the living room. 

"In case you're hurting." she chuckled. The woman also follows her then sits at the other couch. "Okay, let me introduce. This is Jung Ah. My colleague. We've been working together for 5 years but I've known her way before." 

"This year could be our 15 years of friendship." Jung Ah said. Hyemi nods understand their relationship. 

"But why are you guys here? I thought you left to work this morning with mom?" Hyemi looks at Hyo Seob. 

"I have a meeting around here and your mom called me. She said that you are at home so I decided to cook lunch for you. We can eat together." Hyo Seob said. Jung Ah smiling, agreed with the idea. 

"Dad, it's okay. I can cook for myself." Hyemi starts to feel guilty to doubt about her dad and Jung Ah. 

"It's okay. It is almost ready anyway. I was about to call you actually." Hyemi smiles and they move to the kitchen after a few minutes of conversation. After lunch, Hyo Seob heading back to the office with Jung Ah and left alone Hyemi in the house. When she's busy finding the right channel to chill out in the living room, the doorbell is ringing. She walks to the entrance camera screen and tilted her head to see Jaeyoung. She opens the door and she also walks to the door. 

"Jaeyoung-ssi?" Hyemi calls her. Jaeyoung smiles brightly while showing off the drinks that he's holding. 

"Don't call me Jaeyoung-ssi. We've been seeing each other for a few days anyway." Jaeyoung said that and straight walk inside the house. Hyemi blinks. Her heart thumps when Jaeyoung said the last sentence. Seeing each other? Sound like they are getting to know each other for a reason. Hyemi then shakes the thought and get inside the house. 

"What movie are you watching?" 

"Maybe some scary movie." Hyemi answers while following him to the porch. How did he know the way inside the house? Hyemi looks at his back. And again, the butterfly in her stomach. 

"Aren't you scare?" Jaeyoung opens the door and walks out to the porch. 

"Well, I am but I like it." Jaeyoung then turns around and give to her the drinks. 

"Here. Noona asks me to send this coffee to you. She said you are alone in the house." Hyemi takes the drink and takes a sip. A mocha coffee. She likes it. Jaeyoung leans towards the fence and looks at Hyemi. 

"Hyemi-ah, actually I need your help in something." Jaeyoung sounds serious with his arms crossed. Hyemi gulped her saliva before moving closer to Jaeyoung. 

"What is it? You scare me." Jaeyoung then burst to laugh. He laughs so loud that Hyemi feels offended. Jaeyoung stops laughing when he sees Hyemi looks at her with annoyed. 

"I-I'm just joking, Hyemi-ah," Hyemi smirks. "Okay, I'm sorry. Actually, I really need your help to accompany me to the grocery store. Noona asks me to asks you that." 

"I don't want it." Hyemi walks inside and Jaeyoung follows her in panic. 

"Hyemi-ah, I'm just kidding." the way Jaeyoung calls her name makes her smile widely but she's trying to hide the smiles. When she heard Jaeyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter