Mina VII

Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark left in quite a hurry, leaving us to separate into the other two cars. Jihyo and I go in Jean's car, as it's the only 7-seater, Sana rides with Alex in his. The others let me sit up front again, this time without an ulterior motive, I think. As we make our way to the mini-golf course, I stare out the window while the others are chatting away in the back.

Something must have happened to BoA, otherwise Mark wouldn't just abandon his job like that, would he? I know that they're friends, but is there something more between them? I wonder if I called him, would he drop everything and come running? Probably not. We're not even that familiar with each other yet. I would like to think he's more comfortable with me than the other members. He seems to talk to me more than the others, and more casually too. It's like when he talks to us as a group, he sounds very authoritative, but his tone softens when me directs his speech at me. I wonder if that's as conscious decision or not? Either way could mean he likes me, but that doesn't matter, I can't date him, so what's the point in pondering over it all? 

I look over at Jean, and she's got her eyes focused on the road. From her side profile, you can really tell that she and Mark are twins, they look almost identical; expect Jean's features are slightly softer. They have the same steely look in their eyes, but their demeanors are very different. At first I thought the reverse of each of them; I thought Mark was quite intimidating and stoic, and Jean was the warmer one. But after spending the past few days with them, I found that Mark has such a warm personality, but Jean always seemed so distant, the only time she really spoke to us was to give us instructions or updates. Alex on the other hand, has a very bubbly personality. He would fit right in as an idol, I wonder if he's ever thought about it. he and Jean speak really good Korean, I'm curious as to why they learnt Korean in the first place. Was it a requirement for their job, or did they learn it because of interest.

I must have been staring at her for quite a while, because she noticed and was staring back at me. The thoughts drift from my head and reality comes rushing back. We're in the car park of the mini-golf course.

Jean: Is everything okay, Mina?

Mina: Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking.

Jean: About what?

Mina: Umm. I was just wondering how you and Alex's Korean was so good.

Jean: Ahh, well. Alex learnt it because he was so interested in Kpop, while for me, it was the Kdramas. Mark wasn't interested in either, that's why his Korean is so poor.

Mina: Oh. I see.

Jean: Anymore questions? If not, let's go golf.

I look back and everyone has already gotten out of the car. I give Jean a nod and open the door to get out. Jihyo stood by the door, and helped me out.

Jihyo: Ya, Mina. Are you okay? You seem very distracted.

Mina: I'm fine. Just thinking.

Jihyo: About what this time? Mark again?

She starts grinning from ear to ear. I reach out to grab her, but she starts running. I chase after her and we make a full lap of the car before she runs behind Alex. I stop and pout in her direction while Alex looks around him, settling his eyes on Jean, as if to ask for help. She crosses her arms and chuckles before taking the lead and walking into the building. The girls and I follow her as Alex accompanies us from the back. He reminds me of Mark when he does that.

We get inside and the staff warmly greet us. As Jean speaks with the lady behind the counter, some of the other staff approach us in a hurry. Alex intercepts standing between us and them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter