Jessica I

Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up and gave Mark a call this morning. He keeps pretending he doesn't know me. Every single time I call him, even sometimes when I meet up with him! He'd look at me and say, "Hi, can I help you with something?" He can be so annoying at times! But we got through it, and we're having a sort of gathering tonight, which reminds me, I need to message the girls to see if they want to come. I open up the group chat and begin typing.

Jessica:(text) Anyone free tonight? Dinner with Cerberus at 8pm.

Cerberus is a weird name for the trio. You can interpret it in so many ways, good or bad. And it's been pretty evident in the news, from high praises for their effectiveness, down to the hate and accusations of them being too violent.

Before I could even set my phone down it buzzes. Who could have replied so quickly? I unlock the phone and look at the incoming message. It's from an unfamiliar number. I open up the message and a series of pictures start downloading. Curious, I open them up, and flick through the first two pictures, both are of BoA unnie. They aren't press photos, they look like voyeur photos, some taken from a distance, others from behind a wall or tree. Where were these taken? The building looks familiar, but it's not the SM builing. I don't think it's any of the TV stations, but I know I've seen it before. The next three pictures are of me, again, same types of angles, same building. I open up the next one. It's a picture of what looks like three gasoline canisters, followed by a picture with writing carved into a door. It's kind of hard to read, so I zoom in a bit and tilt the phone. 

"Burn in Hell SM"

What's going on? Why would someone send this? One more picture, I hesitate to open it, but when I do, I instantly know where it's from. Beijing. The final image of a burning stadium, with all of the SM Idols and crew grouped outside. I almost dropped my phone, but caught myself before it could. Who sent these? I start typing a reply, but my phone starts ringing suddenly. It's BoA unnie, so I answer.

Jessica: Hello? Unnie?

BoA: Hey Jessica, umm. I just received some really weird photos, some of them have you as the subject in them.

She got them as well?

Jessica: I think I may have gotten the same ones. I believe they were taken in Beijing.

There was silence on the other end of the line. I wait a moment before speaking again.

Jessi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter